Described As Clouds: The Vivid Things

Kindled Whistles (Avery)

Described As Clouds: Chapter 3A- Kindled Whistles (Sierra)

As I walked into the ominous train, the boy I had a secret crush on for as long as I remember had been sitting there, waiting probably for me.

"Harris! It's you!" I said gleefully and hugged him tightly. He was my best friend, but over time I began to fall in love with his neat hair and nerdy glasses. I started to fall in love with him.

"Nice to see you too, Sierra." A cute smile appeared on Harris's face.

"It's been forever!" I said, sitting down next to him.

"Yeah, I know."

My gladness turned into wonder. "You said you were coming, two days ago."

"I missed my train, and yesterday I was so tired I decided to stay home." Harris lives in a totally different country, Italy. He had been studying the abrupt eruptions of Mt. Etna and if living near there was really safe.

"You had me waiting out there with Duke and Apollo for you, you know."

"Sorry."

"Just… just come sooner next time."

"Alright."

And so we sat there, talking and laughing, when we heard the train stop. Everyone fell silent. What had happened? Why did the train stop? No one would have expected the sudden gust of wind that blew the train over, and we all fell.

I saw Apollo and Avery hold hands, and a grabbed on to Harris's hand. It almost seemed as if we would fall forever. If it wasn't for that cold, still lake, we would have. But I would rather fall forever than to almost drown.

We plunged into the freezing cold body of water. I saw Avery go first out of the window of the train, and Apollo was second; they came out still holding hands. I looked behind me to see a horrible sight. Harris was drowning. This couldn't be happening. I reached out for his hand, but he was too deep. I swam to the top and got a breath of air. Then I screamed to him. "NO! HARRIS! Harris, I love you…" I collapsed on the ground, and it felt like the night sky was spinning. I lost conscious, looking at a hand that slowly rose from the water and grabbed the dirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
[note: really short chapter…]