Status: 1/1

The Origin of Gerard's Bunny face.

1/1

Have you ever wondered where Gerard Way's scrunched up bunny face came from? Well I'm about to tell you.

Before there was Lyn-z or Eliza; before the girls before them, there was one, with whom Gerard loved very much. It was back in high school. Sure he was still a nerdy chunky high school freak, but she saw more. She saw passion, she saw love. Her name was Ellie.

Ellie and Gerard were inseparable all through high school. They drank coffee together, went to concerts together, and on the rare occasion, partied together. They traded comics and pretty much loved their lives.

One day, back when Ellie and Gerard were in 12th grade, Ellie wanted to play a game. “Board game or other type of game?” Gerard asked laying upside down on his bed, Ellie sitting cross legged at his side.

“Hm.” She contemplated it over in her head. “Board games are so lame and just like their name, they're boooooring. Let's play hide and seek.” She clapped and squealed.

“And board games are lame.” Gerard huffed.

Ellie pouted and crossed her arms. “Please?”

Gerard crossed his arms, and mocked her face while saying, 'please.' Ellie looked at him with an eyebrow raised and he copied her like a child. “Gerard.” She whined, “Stop.”

“Gerard, stop.” He mocked.

Ellie sat there and thought. Being the clever girl she is, she thought of an idea. You see, Ellie has had a huge crush on Gerard since ninth grade. That's why she always wanted to be around him. He made her laugh and feel good about herself. If she was down, he knew just the stuff to say to make her feel better.

So her plan was to trick Gerard into going out with her. Clever, but was it too manipulating? Would he get mad at her? Well he would, if he didn't like her that way.

Gerard uncrossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at her. “Ellie, you okay? You're spacing out.”

Damn, lost my chance, she thought. “Huh?” She asked, acting as though she was just spacing. “Oh yeah, I'm fine.” She said with a huge smile. He loved her smile. Everything was brighter with a flash of her beautiful smile.

“Alright. Hide and seek?” He asked.

Ellie shook her head and he looked at her confused. He was about to ask what she meant when she giggled and squealed, “Coffee!” Gerard beamed as his hair fell into his face.

“You read my mind!” He gave her a loop sided smile and said, “Let's go.”

They jumped off the bed and got dressed in warm clothes. In New Jersey it was on 20 degrees on this winter morning, but they wanted coffee and when they wanted coffee, they got coffee.

They left Gerard's basement/ art studio and headed to the local coffee shop. It was a small place with the best coffee in this part of New Jersey. Not a lot of people knew about it, but it was their favorite spot.

Gerard ordered a black coffee and Ellie got a latte, extra foam or as they called it, their usual. They would always laugh about that. We'd like the usual, like they had a usual spot, a usual order and a usual table.

But they didn't. They found a spot by the window so they could people watch as they drink their coffees. It was one of their favorite past times. “Oh look, business man is about to slip and fall.” Gerard laughed pointing out a guy in a black suit, slipping on black ice.

“Let's never be serious like that man.” Ellie stated pointing out a black haired man, who was yelling into a cell phone.

Gerard scrunched his nose up in disgust but had a small smile on his lips. “Never. I will never be like that.”

Ellie stared in awe until Gerard's face went back to normal. “Do it again!” She yelled, causing people to look over.

“What?” Gerard said, raising an eyebrow.

“That face! Do it again!” Ellie squealed louder this time, making more people stare, but she didn't care. “Scrunch your face up again.” Gerard did and Ellie giggled. “You look like a bunny rabbit.” She giggled.

And ta-da the bunny face was born. Gerard would do it for Ellie anytime she was upset. And even after their friendship died, Ellie knew he still thought of her. Every time she saw him do the bunny face.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a one shot done on 3/14/13.
It's for Ellie, or my bestestest twinnie. :D
Hope you enjoyed it.

-Fun.Ghoul