Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel!

Knocked Up

Chapter Fourteen

Isabella sipped on her cold water as she stared out at the people and cars passing by from inside her favorite local café. She was waiting for Erica to arrive, they had decided that they would meet up after Isabella's lamaze class that day.

She sighed and pressed the home button on her iPhone that laid on the table in front of her to check the time, twelve-thirty seven. Erica was supposed to show up seven minutes ago. She was just about to pick the device up to send a nasty text to her friend when she heard the door opening and saw Erica rushing in and over to her table.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, but I couldn't find a parking spot", she apologized as she pulled her sunglasses off her nose and sat down in front of Isabella.

"Yeah yeah, just don't leave me alone again. I hate being alone", Isabella mumbled as she looked down at her glass of water.

"I know, and I'm sorry, okay?", Erica said as she put her purse and jacket down on the floor under the table. "Where's Cris and Brian?"

"Mom had to go back to work so she just dropped me off here, and Brian said he had to get home and do stuff", Isabella shook her head at the last part as she traced imaginary patterns on the table in front of her. "Weird kid, that dude."

"Oh", Erica simply nodded just as the waitress came back to their table to take their order. Isabella ordered a piece of chocolate cake and mineral water, and Erica ordered chicken salad and sparkling water. Erica thanked the waitress with a smile before she left their table, and she then turned to Isabella with a smirk.

"So, how did it go today?"

Isabella groaned thinking about the previous lamaze class she, her mom, and Brian had been to earlier. "It was so awkward."

"Really? Why?", Erica smirked as she put her elbow on the table and leaned her head against her hand, knowing exactly what it was Isabella found so awkward.

"You know why", Isabella pouted before taking a drink of her water.

"I didn't know it was awkward learning how to breathe through contractions", Erica laughed as she sat back when the waitress came back with their food and drinks. The waitress took Isabella's empty glass before leaving the two friends with a smile.

"It wasn't that part that was awkward, and we've already done that on a previous class", Isabella muttered and glared at Erica before she shoved a big piece of her chocolate cake into her mouth.

Erica smirked as she shoved her fork into her salad, shoving the food around to find the biggest piece of chicken. "Oh that's right", she started, faking that she had forgotten what Isabella had told her last week. "You had to practice sex positions today!"

Isabella shushed her friend with wide eyes, not wanting the other people in the café to hear them. Erica just laughed as she took a bite from her salad.

"I explained to the woman who holds these classes that I really hadn't planned on having sex, but she just said that 'it would be a good experience' to do it", Isabella cringed at her memory.

"So what did you have to do?", Erica asked with an amused grin as she raised her glass of water to her lips.

"I had to straddle Brian when he was sitting on a chair and when he was laying down on the yoga mat we had gotten, and then I had to get down on my hands and knees with Brian standing behind me, holding my hips," Isabella started as she used her spoon to cut a piece of her cake, "-and then I had to lay down, on my side with him behind me, while mom was watching! And the lady was talking about deep penetration and I thought I was going to die of embarrassment", she shrieked, the mortifying and uncomfortable feelings from earlier returning.

Erica snorted just as she was taking a big gulp of her sparkling water, and she burst out laughing loudly, setting her glass down on the table.

"Here", Isabella giggled as she held her napkin out for Erica to take. "You have water dripping from your nose."

"I know, and it stings so bad!", Erica giggled and took the napkin before wiping at her nose and mouth. "I can't believe water just came out of my nose!"

Isabella just shook her head at her, before taking a bite of her cake. Trust Erica to do something like that.

"So she actually made you do it even though you said you didn't want to?", Erica asked after she had calmed down and had wiped the water off the table she had spit out in her laughing fit. Isabella nodded and sighed, meeting her gaze. "What did Brian say?"

"He didn't say anything, he just looked uncomfortable and unsure of what to do. I would too, if I had some fat whale sitting on me", Isabella mumbled looking down at her cake. "Although, mom said he looked pretty smug as he stood behind me in the doggy style position."

Erica laughed loudly again, making the other people in the café look at her with raised eyebrows.

"And I think he got hard when I accidentally rubbed against him when I was trying to stand up from the straddling position on the floor", Isabella bit her bottom lip and scrunched her nose up, looking up at Erica from under her eyelashes.

"Are you serious?!", Erica giggled like a little school girl, wiping at her eyes when tears had formed in them from all the laughing she had done in the last few minutes. Isabella nodded slowly, still biting her lip.

"It was so awkward."

"Maybe that's why he had to go home," Erica started, sipping on her water. "-he had to go home and do himself."

Isabella huffed out a laugh at her friend and shook her head slowly. They went back to eating their food in silence for a few moments before Isabella sighed annoyed.

"I can't believe it, the last and only class he shows up to, is the one we have to get into these awkward sex positions", Isabella shook her head.

Brian hadn't been with her to the previous classes because he had had to work at his new job, at the surf shop right at the beach. She understood why he couldn't be with her, but she still couldn't help but feel nervous and uneasy regarding Brian's future involvement in their baby's life.

"It's not like you haven't done them before, naked", Erica winked taking a bite of the chicken salad she had ordered. "And besides, isn't it better to do them with Brian instead of your mom?"

Isabella glared at her, before sighing and looking down at her half eaten cake. They finished their food and drinks in silence before paying and leaving the café. Isabella had asked if they could go to the mall so she could buy some of the stuff she still needed for the baby, and Erica had gladly accepted her suggestion, wanting to spend as much time as possible with her best friend until the baby came.

"Can we please get going now?", Erica asked exasperated as she stood with crossed arms and stomped her foot in front of Isabella. Isabella glared up at Erica as she took a swig from her water bottle before swallowing.

"You know I can't stand up for more than a few minutes at a time. My feet and back hurt too much."

"I know that, but why even come here if you're just gonna sit down for the most part? We've been here for over an hour now and we've only been in two stores because you have to sit down every other minute", Erica ranted as she sat down on the bench beside Isabella.

"You're free to go home, you know that, but I have to fix this. There's a lot of stuff I still have to buy, and I only have a few weeks left, if she doesn't decide to arrive earlier, because then I'm doomed", Isabella rubbed her hand over her bump tiredly.

Erica looked sympathetically at Isabella. She knew how stressed Isabella had been these past few weeks, and she hadn't meant to upset her.

"I'm sorry," Erica wrapped her arm around her friend and hugged her tightly, putting her head on Isabella's. "I just thought the sooner we get all the stuff you need, the sooner you can go home and relax."

"I know", Isabella smiled tiredly and patted Erica's thigh softly. They sat there for a few more moments before they got up and walked to a nearby store selling all kinds of baby stuff.

"You are too cute when you waddle like that! Like a little penguin!", Erica gushed, a thoothy grin on her face as she skipped beside Isabella as they walked to the store. Isabella just smiled softly at her when they entered the store, and they walked to the area where the baby clothes were.

Isabella found what she needed, a few shirts, pants, and socks for newborns, and a tiny hat Erica had talked her into buying, a few pacifiers, and a few baby bottles. She paid for everything at the checkout before they left the store, Erica happy that they were done, and Isabella sweaty and sore from all the walking. The heat wasn't really helping her today.

"I have to sit down for a moment", Isabella groaned before waddling over to the nearest bench in the big mall. She heard Erica sigh in what could only be frustration and she shrugged her shoulders. "I'm sorry."

They chatted for a few moments until Isabella saw Zacky, Jimmy and a brown haired girl walk towards them behind Erica. Zacky smiled and put his index finger over his mouth as to tell Isabella to be quiet and don't let Erica know he was behind her, before putting his hands over her eyes. Erica shrieked out of surprise, her hands flying up to cover Zacky's hands, and Isabella, Jimmy and the girl laughed, while Zacky tried to hold his laughter in.

"Who is it? Who is it? Who is it?! Is it Jimmy? I swear I could hear him laughing. Bella, who is it?!", Erica shrieked, and almost jumped on her spot as she tried to figure out who the mystery person was.

"It's Santa Claus, and I've come here because I've heard you've been very naughty. Hoe, hoe, hoe!", Zacky said in a deep voice, grinning at Isabella.

"Zacky?", Erica questioned and pulled his hands from her eyes when he let her. She grinned when she saw it was him, and hugged him tightly before letting go of him.

They are so gonna get together sooner or later Isabella thought and smirked, before smiling up at Jimmy when he started speaking.

"So what are you guys doing here this beautiful thursday? Shopping for baby stuff?"

"Yup", Isabella nodded and smiled tiredly, rubbing her bump with her hand. "She's almost here now, and I have a bunch of stuff to fix before that."

"And what are you guys doing here?", Erica smiled at Zacky.

"Just hangin' around, being the third wheel for Jim and Alicia", he joked and smirked at Jimmy.

"You've met Alicia, right?", Jimmy smiled as he put his arm around the smiling girl.

That's right, Alicia Evans from PE Isabella thought and mentally slapped herself for not remembering her name. "Yeah, of course. Hi Alicia!"

"Are you guys dating or what?", Erica grinned at Alicia, always having been blunt and asking straight questions, not beating around the bush. Alicia smiled and nodded, before looking up at Jimmy. "That's too cute!"

"How long have you been dating? And why haven't you said anything Jimmy?", Isabella pouted playfully, before smiling.

"A few months, three, maybe four", Jimmy shrugged his shoulder a little.

"Well, I'm starving, so Jim, Alicia, should we get going?", Zacky asked. They nodded and smiled as their fingers interlocked. "Do you wanna come too? We were just gonna go to that Mexican place on the second floor here at the mall", Zacky explained to Erica and Isabella.

"No thank you, I gotta get this whale, as she likes to refer to herself as, home", Erica smiled and ruffled Isabella's hair. Isabella scowled and tried to fix her hair so it looked like it did before Erica gave her a new and messy hairstyle.

"Oh okay, well see ya soon then", Zacky smiled as he hugged Erica again. They said goodbye to each other, and the girls watched as Zacky, Jimmy and Alicia walked over to the escalator that stood a few yards away from them before disappearing to the next level of the building.

Erica turned around, grinning and Isabella just smirked at her. "What?", Erica asked innocently, biting her bottom lip.

"You so have a crush on Zack", Isabella laughed, grinning up at her friend.

"Oh shut up, I do not", Erica slapped at Isabella's arm when she laughed, before smiling big at Isabella. That smile told Isabella that she indeed was crushing on him, and she smiled back up at her.

"Ready to go home now?", Erica smiled as Isabella gathered her purse and the few shopping bags she'd gotten during their time at the mall.

"Mhm", she nodded and stood up, stretching a little. She laughed softly at Erica when she jumped on her spot.

"Thank God!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Not many chapters left now! Though, I do not know exact how many there's left. Either way, I'm already planning on writing a sequel to this story, so I hope you all are interested in reading it when this one is over!

And, like always, thank you all so much for reading/commenting on/subscribing to/recommending this story! I appreciate it so much! :-D