Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel!

Knocked Up

Chapter Fifteen

"How are you feeling now?", Cristie asked concerned as she pulled the cover of Isabella's bed up and over Isabella's body, tucking her in slightly. Isabella sighed and rolled her eyes as she pushed the cover down so it only rested over her bare legs. It was far too hot to be wearing that right now.

"I'm fine, mom, just like I was five minutes ago."

"You don't have to snap at me, I'm just worried about you", Cristie looked down at her daughter with a hurt expression on her face as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'm sorry, but you don't have to worry anymore. The doc said that everything's fine", Isabella smiled tiredly and patted Cristie's knee a few times. "You heard it yourself."

"I know", Cristie sighed out. "Just stay in bed for the rest of the evening like the doctor told you. Call if you need anything, and I mean anything. I'll be right down the hall in my room, okay?", Cristie said before leaning forward and kissing Isabella's forehead, before standing up.

"Yeah yeah", Isabella smiled and waved her hand dismissively at her mom. "Don't worry, I'm fine."

Cristie stood still for a few moments, looking down at Isabella and biting her lip, not wanting to leave her daughter alone. Isabella rolled her eyes again when her mom didn't leave her room and took one of her pillows that she wasn't leaning on and slapped it at her playfully.

"Go! For the hundred time, I'm fine!"

"Alright, alright!", Cristie exclaimed as she backed away towards the door with her hands up in front of her. "I'm going!", she opened the door before looking back at Isabella. "You know where to find me", she smiled before pulling the door close, but not entirely, leaving it open a bit.

"That woman", Isabella muttered, shaking her head a little. She sat there with her hands in her lap for a few moments, wondering what to do now. She didn't have her phone, it was down in the kitchen, and the remote to her tv was laying on her desk that stood on the other side of the room. She pouted, knowing what the doctor had told her, but smirked when she remembered what Cristie had told her before leaving her room.

"Mom!", she called out. She smirked again when she heard Cristie rushing down the hallway outside her room, before looking up and smiling sweetly when Cristie opened the door with a questioning look on her face.

"Can you please give me the remote to my tv?", she asked pointing over to her desk. Cristie seemingly relaxed when her shoulders fell and sighed in what Isabella thought was relief, before nodding and walking over to grab the remote.

"Here you go", she smiled giving Isabella the remote. "How are you feeling now?"

Rolling her eyes, Isabella sighed in irritation. "I'm fine. Can you please get me some chocolate and a big glass of water?", she smiled sweetly again up at her mother.

"Sure", Cristie answered before walking out of the room and down the hall. Hearing her mom walk down the stairs, Isabella smiled big and scooted down a little in her bed, trying to get comfortable. Moving around in her bed and getting comfortable was proving to be more and more difficult as each day passed for Isabella, and she could not wait until the baby arrived.

Just three weeks left she thought with a sigh and rubbed her big bump as the baby kicked.

"I know you're full term now, but please stay in there for at least two more weeks. I know I'm always complaining about being pregnant, but I want you to gain more weight, like the doctor said you should. So please stay in there for a little longer, I want you to be healthy when you come out. I can't wait to meet you, and-", Isabella murmured down to her bump as she continued rubbing it, but stopped when she heard her mom walking up the stairs, talking to someone.

Has she gone completely mad? Is she talking to herself? she thought and furrowed her eyebrows as her mom's voice got closer.

"-so she wanted this chocolate and water", she heard Cristie chuckle as she opened the door again before walking in.

Isabella's eyes widened when she saw Brian walk in behind Cristie, and she quickly pulled the bed cover up over her legs and belly, not wanting Brian to see her in only her panties and a little too small tank top.

"Look who's here, sweetie, it's Brian!", Cristie smiled brightly at Isabella as she sat the glass of water and the big chocolate bar down on her bedside table.

"Yeah, I can see that", Isabella half smiled as she sat up as much as she could, while holding the cover to her bump. "What are you doing here?", she looked up, meeting Brian's gaze.

"He heard what happened and got worried, so he came here to check on you two", Cristie said, still smiling as she put her hand on Isabella's bump before standing up again and backing out the door. "Call if you need me!", she called before closing the door behind her.

"So...", Brian started after several silent, awkward minutes had passed. "Your mom sure knows how to talk, huh?", Brian asked, cracking a smile when he scratched the back of his neck in nervousness.

Isabella looked up at him before nodding and cracking a smile herself. "Yeah. She just doesn't know when to zip it", she joked as she noticed that Brian wasn't looking at her. She followed his gaze and saw the big chocolate bar laying on her bedside table. "I wasn't planning on eating the whole thing," she started explaining with wide eyes as she looked up at him. "-I was just gonna take a small bite, that's all. I swear."

"You don't have to excuse yourself", Brian laughed, sitting down on the side of Isabella's bed so that the cover slid down, showing him her panties and the bit of her skin where her shirt had ridden up over her bump. He quickly stood up when Isabella tried to pull the cover up again, as well as pulling her shirt down.

"You can sit now", she murmured quietly holding the cover to her body, and Brian sat down again, making sure that the cover wasn't pushed down again by his weight.

"How're you feelin'?", he murmured quietly, his gaze following his hand as he was putting it on her bump. "Is she okay?"

Isabella nodded when he looked back up at her. "The doctor said that it was just Braxton Hicks contractions, and that it was normal to feel them at the end of the pregnancy, and the baby was just fine when he got an ultrasound done and checked the baby's heartbeat and all that", she smiled when she finished. Brian smiled softly and nodded his head.

"I almost shit my pants when I got the call you were at the hospital", Brian laughed, his eyes trained on his hand as he slowly stroked it over her bump, before rubbing his face with his hands. "I thought the baby was coming."

Isabella huffed out a laugh herself, "You can relax, like I said, it was nothing super serious", she smiled as she squeezed Brian's hand slightly in his lap. "I was watching tv and she was moving around like usual, but suddenly I felt more like a sharp kinda movement, and I got scared and thought 'the baby's coming', so mom and I went to the hospital to check that everything was okay, but it was just false alarm", she ended her sentence with a tired sigh and a matching smile as she watched Brian nod his head slowly and stare down at his hands in his lap.

"But what are those Brax... whatever-they-were-called contractions? Are there different types of contractions?", Brian asked and looked up with slightly furrowed eyebrows.

"Braxton Hicks contractions", Isabella smiled softly before continuing. "A lot of women feel them at the end of their pregnancies, and the doctor said that it's nothing to worry about, it's perfectly normal. They're false labor pains, they don't increase and feel stronger, and don't get closer and closer together like real contractions. It's kind of the body's way of getting ready for 'the real thing'", she used air quotations and finished, before smiling reassuringly again when Brian met her gaze again.

He nodded slowly, his mouth shaped like a small 'o' as he stared into Isabella's eyes. They fell into a short but comfortable silence as they both looked down at Isabella's bump.

"So she's really gonna be here soon, then?", Brian murmured quietly as he looked back up into Isabella's eyes. Isabella nodded softly before letting out a deep and shaky breath.

"Yeah."

Brian nodded softly again, biting his bottom lip. "I can't believe it. It feels like just yesterday we, you know, 'created her'", he said the last part goofily with a smile and raised eyebrows, raising his hands to make air quotations with his fingers. Isabella laughed out loud and slapped at his hands. He joined her in her laughing, before looking down at his hands in his lap.

"I'm scared", Isabella spoke softly after a few minutes of silence. Brian looked up at her, silently urging her on.

"I was so scared that the time had come, that she was actually coming today, when we were on our way to the hospital. I was so scared because I don't feel ready at all", Isabella fiddled with her hands in her lap and huffed out a laugh that didn't hold much humor at all. She looked up at Brian when he took her hands in one of his.

"You'll be fine, trust me, but me on the other hand..." Brian shook his head with raised eyebrows, "-I'll be a mess. A nervous fuckin' mess."

"Oh come on! I'll be a bigger mess than you, plus I'll be the one in pain! I swear, if the real thing hurts just a little more than what I was feeling before, which wasn't that much, I don't wanna do it. I'll just clench my thighs together and have her in there forever", Isabella joked with a smirk.

"You'll have access to the good stuff, unlike me!", Brian exclaimed incredulous with a smirk and his hands in the air at his sides. He continued after seeing Isabella's confused look on her face. "The drugs, I mean. All you have to do is ask and then you'll get it. I won't get anything from the hospital, and I'll need something to be able to cope with all that delivery shit. I'll have to call Jimmy and ask him to bring some of the good stuff so I can smoke to calm down once we're there", he joked, smirking again.

Isabella laughed and shook her head. "Yeah, sure."

"You'll be fine. And I promise, you can hit me as soon as all that is over, if you want to. I can take it."

Isabella just shook her head again at the smug look on his face.

"I'm sure you can."

"Are you sure you are okay? Because I kind of have to leave, I promised mom to be home in like," he stopped and looked at the clock radio on Isabella's bedside table, "-fifteen minutes ago..." Brian said with slightly furrowed eyebrows. Isabella nodded before he stood up.

"You know you can call me anytime, right?", Brian asked as he began to walk backwards towards the door. Isabella nodded again with a smile and Brian opened the closed door, before turning around with a smirk.

"Call me if anything happens, and I'll be here as soon as I can. But if you have to go to the hospital in the middle of the night, please try to keep her in until it's morning, after ten. I can be pretty grumpy if I don't get enough sleep, and I like my sleep."

"Fine, I'll try if that happens", Isabella laughed as he grinned back at her.

"And you're feeling alright?", he asked before opening the door wider and looking back at her.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine, just a little tired", Isabella answered, before rolling her eyes when he didn't leave, staring at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Promise?"

"Promise! Now go, I wanna watch Supernatural", she shooed him away with her hand as she reached over and grabbed the chocolate bar and the remote to her tv with her other hand.

"Alright, I'll go! Take care", Brian smiled before leaving the room and closing the door.

Isabella smiled back at him before he disappeared, and she turned on her tv just in time to see her favourite tv-show start. She opened the chocolate bar after slouching down in her bed, finally finding a comfortable position to sit in.

She was absolutely sure that a little chocolate and the Winchester brothers would help her relax after this eventful evening. She sure needed the relaxation, and a distraction to help her forget her nervous and anxious feelings about becoming a mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wahey, an update! Took me long enough.

Thanks for reading, y'all!