Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel!

Knocked Up

Chapter Sixteen

Huffing out a deep breath, Isabella hauled herself out of the passenger seat and closed the door behind her, looking up at the Haner's house from the street where her mother had parked her car. She rubbed a hand over her big bump feeling the baby kick as she waddled slowly up the stone path up to the house, following Cristie.

They had been invited over for dinner by the Haner family, and Cristie had happily accepted their invitation.

"You okay, there? Need help?", Cristie asked, clutching the bottle of wine to her side as she was stood in front of the door watching Isabella climb the few porch steps.

"Nah, I got this", Isabella smiled as she climbed the last step before walking over to stand on her mother's side. Cristie nodded softly and smiled before ringing the doorbell and fixing her hair hurriedly.

"Do I look okay?", Cristie asked looking at Isabella, pushing some of her blonde locks out of her face. Isabella rolled her eyes before mumbling a 'yes' right before the front door opened, revealing a grinning Suzy.

"Welcome! Come on in!", Suzy motioned for Isabella and Cristie to come inside as she tried to stop two small, barking dogs from running outside. She hugged them both after closing the door after them before taking the bottle of wine when Cristie held it out for her to take. Suzy led them into the living room, telling them how nice it was to have them there, before disappearing into the kitchen, announcing that she would open the bottle up and get some wine glasses. They saw McKenna sitting on her father's lap as he turned the volume on the tv down as they walked into the room, and Isabella smiled shyly at Brian Sr as he stood up from the couch and walked over to greet her and her mom with McKenna on his hip.

They all sat down to chat for a while as they waited for dinner to get ready, and Suzy soon came back with two wine filled glasses, handing them to her husband and friend. She quickly went back out to the kitchen to go get her own glass after asking Isabella if she wanted anything, to which she politely declined, explaining that she wasn't really that thirsty.

"Look who I found wandering around out in the kitchen, looking like a lost puppy!", Suzy exclaimed holding one of her hands on Brent's shoulder as he walked in front of her out of the adjacent kitchen. "You really should stop playing those video games all the time and go out in the sun, you look like a ghost!", she continued, ruffling her youngest step-son's hair as he sat down on the couch next to his dad and sister.

"Mom says that too", Brent grinned as he leant forward to pick up one of the dogs, that by now had quieted down.

"Then isn't it something to listen to, huh?", Suzy smirked down at him with her hand on her hip, before sipping at her wine and sitting down herself next to Cristie on the other couch in the room. Brent smirked back at her as he shook his head softly.

"Where's Brian?", Isabella piped up from her place on one of the armchairs in the room. "He said he'd be here tonight", she smiled shyly when everyone looked at her, and felt a blush creeping up on her cheeks as she saw that Brent was smirking at her.

"He's at band practice, but he said he'd be home by six, so he should be home very soon", Suzy answered, smiling after checking the time on her wrist watch, seeing that it was five-fifty four pm. Isabella nodded with a quiet 'oh', feeling somewhat embarrassed when she saw the look Brent was still giving her.

"Can't get enough of me, huh?", they heard Brian call from the hall before they heard a door close and they watched him walk into the room they were all sitting in.

"I didn't mean it like that", Isabella frowned slightly as everyone laughed at Brian's comment.

"Relax, I'm kidding", Brian laughed as he crouched down beside Isabella's armchair and put his hand on her bump. "You two good?"

"Mhm", Isabella nodded softly as he stroked his hand soothingly over her bump. "How are you? You good?", she smiled as he stood up again, stretching slightly. Brian groaned as he stretched before he blew out a breath and grinned.

"Yeah, just a little tired from practice, that's all. It gets kinda hot in that small space after awhile, y'know?", he asked as he started walking to the kitchen. "You want anything to drink? I can bring you whatever you want", he called as he disappeared into the other room. Isabella slowly stood up and left the three adults that were too busy talking to notice that both Brent and Brian had left, and walked into the kitchen to see Brian with his back to her and with his head in the fridge, his hand casually on the door of it.

"Do you want water, coke, beer? Oh shit, you can't drink that...", she heard Brian mumble the last part to himself, and she stifled a laugh with her hand. She heard him 'uhm'ing for a moment and bit her lower lip to keep from laughing when he still didn't sense her presence in the room. "Or do you want some of Mac's disgusting orange juice?", he shouted over his shoulder, still looking inside the fridge.

"You don't have to shout, I'm right here", she giggled as she walked up behind him, and laughed loudly when he jumped a little at her voice.

"Jesus, don't scare me like that", he laughed standing up straight again, taking a beer out for himself.

"Sorry", she laughed before reaching into the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water. "I'll just take water", she announced as Brian closed the door of the fridge. He smiled before walking over to the kitchen island and retrieved a bottle opener from a drawer.

"S'good I'm not the one pregnant, 'cause my water would've broke when you scared me", Brian started as he held up his bottle towards Isabella after taking the cap off it. "Cheers!"

Isabella laughed and mimicked his actions, before they both took a sip from their respective bottles.

"So how was practice?", Isabella asked and put the cap back on her bottle when she had finished drinking. Brian put his already half empty bottle on the island and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"It was awesome! We really work well together, you know? We already have like, three songs that are finished that everyone's happy with, and another three that are coming along well for a future ep, or maybe even an album!", Brian spoke enthusiastic, and Isabella grinned at his excitement.

What if I'm expecting a future rockstar's baby? That would be so cool... Isabella thought to herself as Brian continued talking about the band.

"-we've narrowed it down to two possible names now, 'Avenged Sevenfold' and 'Lips Of Deceit'", Isabella heard Brian say as she came back to reality from being lost in her own thoughts, and she quickly smiled and nodded when Brian looked up at her from the bowl of fruit on the island in front him as he went on, explaining how they had came up with the names.

"I like Avenged Sevenfold", she told Brian when he paused to take a sip from his beer.

"Yeah, I like that one too", Brian nodded, agreeing with Isabella as he sat the bottle down again.

"I'm just so fuckin' happy Jimmy asked me to be in their band-", Brian started as he backed a few steps before leaning against the counter behind him with his arms crossed over his chest, "-I'm just so thankful for tha-", Brian stopped talking when he saw Isabella's eyes go wide before she looked down at her legs where there were now two big, dark patches on her inner thighs and down her legs.

Brian cringed, "did you just pee yourself?", he asked before realization hit him and his face paled when Isabella looked back up at him, shaking her head slowly from side to side with wide eyes.

"Did your-", Brian cleared his throat when it came out as a strangled squeak. "Did your water just break?", he looked up at Isabella's face from her legs and the tiny water puddle at her feet with wide eyes as he uncrossed his arms, just as Suzy walked inside the kitchen behind Isabella.

"How's it going you two? Are you hungry?", Suzy asked, smiling widely at her step-son, not noticing the look of horror on his face as she passed Isabella and checked the steak in the oven of their stove. "Just a few more minutes, then we can eat!", she exclaimed as she stood up again before turning around to see the horrified look on Isabella's face.

"What's the matter, sweetie?", she asked concerned before she looked down at Isabella's legs and looking back up again. "Oh", she said before starting to walk out of the kitchen, but stopped just after she had passed Isabella. "Oh! Oh my God!"

They heard shuffling from the other room and Cristie's laughter and Brian Sr's voice getting closer before seeing them in the kitchen doorway.

"What's going on?", Cristie asked, her laughter dying down as she sipped at her wine and saw Brian's terrified look on his face and Suzy's wide eyes. "Can anybody answer me-", she continued when no one said anything, but she quickly closed her mouth when her daughter turned around to face her with wide eyes and she saw her wet jeans.

"I think the baby's coming."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta-da! An update, woohoo! Only one chapter left now, then it's on to the sequel! I'm excited, hope you are too haha!

Thanks so much for all the kind and encouraging words I've gotten on this story so far! It really makes me happy to know that people read and actually like what I write :D