Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel!

Knocked Up

Chapter Seventeen

"She is so beautiful", Isabella murmured quietly, watching her two days old daughter sleep soundly in the little plastic crib. Brian zipped the zipper of the bag he'd just taken a white and light purple striped one-piece out of up, before laying it on the hospital bed behind Isabella as he rounded the bed and sat down beside her. He looked down in the crib Isabella had pulled closer to the bed, and smiled softly when the little baby squirmed in her sleep.

"We did good on that one", Brian murmured just as quietly, nodding down towards their daughter before huffing out a quiet laugh when Isabella slapped his chest with the back of her hand softly.

"We did perfect", Isabella smirked, craning her neck a little to look up at Brian when she leaned forward to softly stroke the little girl's rosy cheek with her index finger.

Brian was just about to reply to Isabella's remark when they heard a soft knocking on the door behind them. They both turned around a little on the bed to see Cristie walk in with two coffees in her hands with a grinning Jimmy following closely behind her.

"Hey man", Brian greeted and stood up before walking over to hug Jimmy. "I didn't know you'd be showing up here, I know how much you despise hospitals", Brian commented as he let go of Jimmy, watching Cristie walk over and sit down at the table on one of the two chairs that were stood on the opposite side of the bed in the hospital room.

"Yeah, but I just couldn't wait to see my little niece", Jimmy said with a wide smile as he brushed past Brian, his full attention on the baby that was now in her mother's arms. "So this is the little Hayley I've already heard so much about, huh?", he asked as he sat down carefully next to Isabella. Isabella grinned and nodded at Jimmy when he looked up at her.

"You know, you could've just waited for like, an hour or two to come visit us, 'cause we would've been at Bella's place by then", Brian smirked from his place on the second chair in the room as he blew at the steaming coffee in his hands that Cristie had gotten for him. "We were just about to dress Hayles and get her ready to go home when you two walked in."

Jimmy looked over at Brian with a slight frown. "You were? Ah fuck."

"Hey!", Isabella hushed playfully, covering the still sleeping baby's ears. "No curse words from now on, don't want this one to turn out like her dad and his best friends", she joked, nodding down at Hayley in her arms.

Jimmy and Cristie laughed, and Brian shook his head with a smirk as he looked down at his coffee in his hands before taking a sip of it.

"But if you promise not to swear in front of her again, I'll let you hold her", Isabella continued quietly after a moment of silence, before slowly putting one of her hands behind her daughter's head and the other under her back and bottom, getting ready to hand her over to Jimmy when he nodded his promise.

"I promise", he whispered when he had the little girl in his arms, squirming slightly.

Isabella stretched and yawned before watching Jimmy and Hayley for a moment with crossed arms over her chest, smiling tiredly.

"So everything went well? Y'know, with the delivery and stuff", Jimmy murmured, looking down at the sleeping baby in his arms before looking back up at Isabella.

"Yeah, no complications at all", Isabella nodded. "She just took her sweet time before finally arriving, but when she did, ten and a half hours later at around five in the morning, she came out healthy and absolutely perfect", she said and sat down again, putting her arm around his shoulders and leaning in closer to look at Hayley.

"Did it hurt?", Jimmy made a whistling sound and a motion in the air with his hand over his crotch and down his thighs. Isabella laughed out loud at this together with Brian, before quickly falling quiet as to not wake Hayley.

"Oh it hurt, probably more than a kick to the nuts", Isabella smirked at Jimmy.

"No way, a kick to the nuts is way more painful", Brian commented as he sat his half empty coffee on the table beside him before leaning forward on his knees and clasping his hands together.

"Hey, no uterus, no opinion!", Isabella exclaimed quietly, quoting her second favorite tv-show Friends and pointing her finger at Brian as Cristie and Jimmy snickered.

Brian raised an eyebrow at her and gave her a challenging look. "No nuts, no opinion."

Isabella narrowed her eyes at him, slowly unwrapping her arm around Jimmy. She carefully took one of Hayley's hands and kissed it before standing up. She walked around the bed and to the bag of clothes and other necessities her mother had gotten for her yesterday, and pulled out a new plain white t-shirt and some light blue, short sweat shorts before announcing that she was just going to go change in the tiny bathroom adjacent to her room she had gotten when arriving at the hospital two days ago. When she passed Brian on her way to the bathroom, she narrowed her eyes at him again, to which he did the same thing to her. She stood there for a moment, looking at him before opening the door to the bathroom and walking in, closing and locking the door after her.

She heard her mom and Brian chat quietly as they were sitting just outside the bathroom, as she quickly got out of her old sweatpants and shirt and put on her new clothes. She quickly checked herself in the mirror and fixed her hair, before gathering her clothes from off the floor and walking back out into the hospital room, where now Brian and Cristie were gathered around Jimmy and Hayley.

"What's going on? Is she okay?", she asked worridely as she threw her clothes on the bed and briskly walked over so she could see her daughter.

"She's awake!", Cristie exclaimed excitedly, before putting an arm around her daughter's shoulders and hugging her when she seemingly relaxed again. They watched as Jimmy handed Hayley over to Brian carefully, before he turned around and gave Isabella a toothy grin.

"She's got your blue eyes!"

Isabella laughed at how excited he sounded and looked. She knew how excited he had been to meet the baby, as the rest of their friends and families had been, and to have had them visit her and Hayley at the hospital had really made her happy. She loved them, and they made her feel so loved and special when they had taken their time to visit her and her new daughter.

Isabella felt herself get emotional, and she bit her lip to stop herself from crying as she took a deep breath before letting it out slowly.

"You okay?", she heard Brian ask. She tore her gaze from Hayley and looked up to see a concerned look on his face as he softly rocked side to side as to keep Hayley calm. She gave him a small fake smile and nodded, not trusting her own voice to be as strong as she wanted it to be, and not wanting anyone to be concerned about her.

"You sure? You look a little teary eyed", he continued with a raised eyebrow.

She felt herself get even more emotional than before when Brian asked her that. He had been so wonderful to her these past few months, and she was just so thankful that Brian had changed his mind and decided to be there for her, but more importantly, their daughter. He had been by her side the whole time ever since they got to the hospital, and he had acted so brave during the delivery when in reality, he had been nervous and terrified. Isabella knew that, but the fact that he had stayed with her for the whole time and watched their daughter be born when he could have just left, really made her heart swell.

"I'm fine", Isabella's voice wavered before a tear rolled out of her eye and she quickly wiped it away. She heard Brian sigh and saw Jimmy turn around to look at her with furrowed eyebrows as her mom pulled her tighter against her side, wrapping her other arm around her too. "They're just happy tears, I'm fine!", Isabella laughed as she wiped her falling tears away. She watched Jimmy and Brian smile sympathetically before turning their attention back to Hayley.

"Hormones, huh?", Cristie smiled, wiping away Isabella's tears when Isabella nodded with a smile. "Been there", Cristie smirked, before kissing her daughter's forehead and hugging her tightly again.

"I don't like these hormones", Isabella laughed as she wiped the remaining tears off of her cheeks when her mom had let go of her. Cristie just smiled at her again before turning her attention to Hayley who had a firm grip on one of Brian's fingers as Jimmy made funny noises and faces towards her.

"She is just too cute, she looks just like you did when you were a baby", Cristie sighed contently, still watching Hayley in Brian's arms.

"I just see Brian in her, apart from her blue eyes", Isabella smiled at Hayley as she stared up with a blank expression at Jimmy. "Can you please go get me some water?", she asked a few moments later just before Brian spoke.

"Uh, Bella? I think Hayles is getting hungry, she's being fussy."

"Oh", Isabella nodded before walking around the bed and sitting down on it cross legged, holding her arms out, waiting for Brian to give her Hayley.

"Uhm, I think I'll leave you alone now", Jimmy said, scratching the back of his neck and standing up just as Isabella was about to pull her shirt up.

"Okay", Isabella replied, waiting to pull her shirt up. "Thanks so much for coming, it was nice seeing you", she continued, smiling appreciatively and putting an arm around him when he bent down to hug her before he hugged Brian for the second time today.

"I'll see ya around, man", Brian said as he let go of his best friend, Jimmy nodding.

"I'll walk you down, Jim", Cristie smiled as she took her purse off of the floor where it was stood, leaning against her chair.

Jimmy said his final goodbyes before he and Cristie walked out of the room, leaving Brian, Isabella, and Hayley alone in the now quiet room. Brian watched as Isabella breastfed their daughter for awhile until he smirked up at Isabella.

"Breastfeeding is hot."

Isabella raised her eyebrows at him as she slowly looked up at him where he was sitting in front of her, casually leaning back on one hand.

"What?"

"I don't know what it is, but it's something about it that's hot", Brian explained, before sitting up straight and shrugging his shoulders. "It's probably the boobs, that's all."

"You are such a perv", Isabella stated and shook her head as she pulled her shirt down over her chest when Hayley wouldn't eat any more. "Such a perv."

Brian laughed and stood up when Isabella held Hayley to her shoulder and chest and started patting her back so she could burp, thinking it was probably best to pack the rest of their things so they could leave. He was just putting the last piece of clothing in Isabella's bag when he heard a burp, and he turned around after zipping the bag's zipper up.

"Daddy's girl", he smirked and nodded towards Hayley. Isabella shook her head and rolled her eyes, walking over to the bed before carefully putting Hayley down in the middle of it.

"She doesn't need a change, so when we've put this on," Isabella held up the white and purple one-piece just as Cristie walked back into the room, "-we can head home. Finally."

"Should I go get the car seat?", Cristie asked as she put the water bottle she had gotten for Isabella down on the table.

"Please", Isabella smiled as she dressed Hayley. Cristie nodded and left the room once again.

They were all dressed and ready to go when Cristie came back with the car seat in her arms, and Isabella put Hayley in it and fastened the seatbelt after Cristie had put it on the bed. Isabella put on a cardigan just as Brian lifted the car seat off of the bed and Cristie announced that she would go ahead and talk to the nurses at the reception before leaving the room for the final time. Isabella grabbed her and Hayley's bags and checked the room one last time so that they hadn't forgotten anything, before facing Brian as he stood by the door, waiting for her.

"Ready?", he smiled.

Isabella took one last glance at the room before nodding and blowing out a deep, content breath.

"Yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
The end! I had so much fun writing this story, my first ever story (if you don't count the short ones I wrote in school when I was 9-10 years old hehe).

Thank you all so much for reading, commenting, subscribing, and recommending this story, I really appreciate it! :D

Last but not least, I've already told you I'm planning on writing a sequel, I just don't know when I'll start posting it. I'm still planning and coming up with stuff for it, but I hope it won't take too long before I'll post the first chapter.

With that said, thank you all so much (again)! :D //Amanda