Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel!

Knocked Up

Chapter Five

"You really have to be more smooth around Bella if you don't want people to find out about your crush on her, dude", Jimmy grinned at Matt as they walked to Jimmy's car.

"You know?!", Matt asked with wide eyes looking up at Jimmy.

"Of course I know! You practically drooled right now when you stared at her while I was talking to her. Don't think I missed it", Jimmy laughed as he saw Matt blush as they reached his car.

"Whatever, I did not drool. Don't tell anyone, okay?", Matt pleaded as he leaned back against Jimmy's truck.

"Your secret's safe with me", Jimmy smiled as he stood in front of Matt with his hands in his pants pocket. Matt thanked him with a genuine smile, before letting silence take over as they waited for Brian to join them again so they could say goodbye before going home.

Feeling light raindrops on his arm, Matt looked up at the grey clouds that had been in the sky all day. Just as he was about to ask Jimmy if they could sit in his car while they were waiting, he saw Jimmy unlock his truck so they could climb in.

"Why is Bella talking to Brian again? I don't get it", Matt asked after a few moments of silence he had spent thinking about Isabella and Brian, and why they possibly could have anything to talk about.

Jimmy looked at Matt. "I don't know, Matt."

"She probably wants to get together with him again", Matt pouted playing with his jeans and the hole on his knee.

"I don't think so. I mean, Brian never gets angry when a girl wants to hook up with him, we all know that, but ever since Isabella started talking to him, he's been in such a bad mood I want to strangle him from time to time. He's been fuckin' unbearable these last few months", Jimmy wasn't trying to get Matt's hopes up and tell him that his assumption was wrong, he was just voicing his own thoughts.

Jimmy had thought about this more times than he should have, but he just couldn't come up with a good reason why Isabella wanted to talk to Brian. If she wanted to become friends with him, she would probably just start hanging out with them all and not just say she wanted to talk to Brian, so he had ruled that out. He'd also ruled the idea of them getting together again out, because Brian wouldn't react the way he had to a girl offering him a round or two in the sack, and because he knew Isabella didn't do that kind of stuff. He had even thought about a possible pregnancy, but had felt stupid the second he'd thought of it. Isabella wouldn't be that stupid to get pregnant by a one night stand, she was a smart girl who knew better.

He'd been surprised when he'd found out that Isabella Sawyer, the quiet girl no one seemed to care about at school, had been one of Brian's playthings, but at the same time not surprised, because he knew how charming and good looking girls found him, and he knew Brian would do anything to get them to sleep with him. He put on a charade to make girls throw their dignities away, and to make them drop their panties and spread their legs in a heartbeat.

"You're right, he'd never dismiss a girl like that, and especially not a girl as hot as Bella. Hey, maybe that's why he's so pissed off, he only has one girl after him that wants to sleep with him, and it's a girl he's already slept with. Maybe he's lost his magical powers?", Matt said getting his own hopes up, trying to feel better about the situation. "Maybe he won't sleep with Bella again, and then she'll forget about him when he shows no interest in her!"

Jimmy smiled sadly at Matt's enthusiasm. As much as he wanted to, he didn't think Bella found Matt interesting in that way. He'd seen her wide eyes and the almost scared looks she'd given Matt and his other friends when they'd passed her in the hallways, walking away from the principal's office after fights and other troublemaking stuff they'd participated in.

"I don't know if she's into guys like us, Matt. We always do stupid shit, and girls don't exactly seem to like that", Jimmy looked sympathetically at Matt. At Matt's broken and defeated look and at the way he slouched down and sighed heavily in his seat, Jimmy smiled an encouraging smile and continued. "But what do I know, maybe she's into big, buff guys who get into fights almost every week. Maybe she finds bad boys attractive? I bet she gets off on that."

Matt smiled at Jimmy's obvious attempt to make him feel better, as he laughed a little clapping Matt's shoulder a few times.

"You shouldn't beat yourself up about it, you haven't even talked to the girl. Get sad and mopy when she has said out loud that she doesn't want to be with you, you got that?", Jimmy smiled.

"Yeah, you're right", Matt offered him a small smile looking down at his hands in his lap, not believing that he even had the slightest chance on Isabella.

"You're handsome and good looking, and with those killer dimples of yours? I'm surprised you don't have girls throwing themselves at you wherever you walk; at school, at the mall, when you-"

"Okay okay, I got it", Matt laughed pushing Jimmy's hand away as he counted places on it.

"Not to sound too gay, but you have a big heart of gold, and you're gonna find a nice, cool, extremely hot chick some day, who's gonna love you for that. You're a great guy, Matt", Jimmy continued his encouraging pep talk, looking at Matt as he stared at the raindrops that hit the windshield.

"You're so gay", Matt laughed shaking his head, before meeting Jimmy's gaze with an appreciative smile. "Thanks Jimmy, really. Thanks. You always know what to say."

"No need to thank me, that's what friends are for", Jimmy smiled, putting his fist against Matt's as he held it out.

They small talked for a while, still waiting for Brian to show up, but stopped as they heard a car door slam shut and saw Brian's truck drive past them awfully fast.

"Well there goes my drive...", Matt mumbled as they watched Brian drive away from the parking lot and the school's property.

"Well you're already in my car, so wanna go grab a burger before I drive you home?", Jimmy asked as he started the car before putting his seatbelt on.

"Sure", Matt smirked putting his seatbelt on as Jimmy drove off, just a few seconds before Isabella entered the empty parking lot, crying her eyes out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure if you can call this a filler chapter, because if I decide to make a sequel to this story (like I've thought about, because I kind of already know how this story would turn out if I don't get any other plans and thoughts), this chapter would be kind of important for you to understand the sequel :-) thanks for reading and for your comments, peeps! I appreciate it all :D