Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel!

Knocked Up

Chapter Six

"What about this dress then?", Isabella's mom Cristie asked as she held out a white dress for Isabella to look at.

"Meh... I guess it's okay, but I'll be huge by the time I graduate, so that won't fit", Isabella pouted as she stepped closer to her mom to feel the fabric of the dress.

"I know, sweetie, but it doesn't hurt to look at it. Maybe they have some nice maternity dresses over there?", Cristie smiled as she hung the dress back on it's place.

"I don't want maternity clothes, it just makes it even more real", Isabella sighed irritated as she followed her mom to the maternity clothes area in the store.

"What, so you're gonna walk around naked when you don't have any clothes that fit you?", Cristie snorted as she looked around the store for pants to Isabella.

"No", Isabella sighed annoyed at her mom's remark. "I just... I'm not ready to have a baby. And I know I can only blame myself for this, but it's just so... surreal. I don't want maternity clothes because then it's really gonna happen; I'm really gonna be fat and then have a baby."

"Sweetie... It's gonna happen even if you don't have maternity clothes. You're already starting to get big", Cristie smiled sadly at her daughter as she put her hand on her cheek to stroke her thumb over her cheekbone. "Does anyone at school know yet?"

Isabella looked up from under her lashes. "I hope not. I haven't heard anything."

"Okay... So when am I going to meet the father to your baby? I don't even know who it is", Cristie said as she started looking at some maternity jeans.

"It doesn't matter, he wants nothing to do with the baby", Isabella looked down at the jeans on the table. "Ooooh, I actually like these", she said getting off topic for a moment as she held up a pair of light blue skin tight jeans to her waist, checking to see if they fit.

"Try them on then. But let's see if we can find some other stuff too", Cristie smiled at Isabella, happy that she finally found something she liked. "But I want to meet this boy. Do I know him?"

Let's see, he and his brother went to the same kindergarten as I did where you work, and you know his parents and his step-mom. You know him Isabella thought before answering.

"You know him, and you know his parents as well. That's all I'm saying, because he won't be in our lives, he said it himself, he just didn't use those exact words. Can we drop it for now, please?", Isabella said getting irritated as she picked a few shirts up, deciding that they were pretty cool for being mommy-clothes.

"Fine, but we're not done discussing this. I'm gonna find out who it is some time, wether you like it or not", Cristie said, hanging the jeans and shirts over her arm.

They walked towards the dressing rooms, but stopped on the way when Isabella saw a cool one piece for babies that said 'I Scream' and had a picture of an ice cream on it.

"This is just too cute. Look mom", Isabella held the one piece up.

"That's a funny one. Do you want to buy it?"

"Sure, if the money we have is enough for all this shit."

"Don't worry about that, we have enough", Cristie smiled rubbing the small of Isabella's back.

"Cristie?", they heard a voice behind them before they turned to see who it was.

"Suzy!", Cristie exclaimed with a big smile rushing forward to hug Suzy Haner as she held a two year old McKenna in her arms. "Oh, McKenna's gotten so big!", Cristie grinned at the confused looking little girl in her mom's arms.

"I know, they grow up so fast!", Suzy smiled looking down at McKenna. "And Isabella's gotten big too", she continued smiling at Isabella who stood behind Cristie.

"Hi mrs Haner", Isabella smiled nervously.

She could not believe this. Her baby's grandma was standing in front of her chatting to her baby's other grandma, probably not knowing that she was going to become a grandma in just four months. This was just too much, she needed to sit down for a few moments.

"So what are you doing here? Don't you have school Bella?", Suzy smiled as she let McKenna down.

"I wanted to take Bella out and shop for some new clothes, she needs it", Cristie said, not knowing if it was okay for Isabella if she told Suzy that she was pregnant.

"All my classes were cancelled today except for math that I have in a half hour, so mom took me out shopping before school", Isabella smiled nodding a little.

"Are you shopping baby clothes?", Suzy said looking at the clothes Cristie was holding, before gasping, smiling big. "Are you pregnant, Cristie?! Why didn't you tell me you had found a new man?!"

Isabella cringed, she was going to have to tell the truth.

"Mom's not pregnant", she started, interrupting Cristie as she started to say something. "I am."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have been so forward, I didn't mean to. I just got so excited, I'm sorry", Suzy apologized with a smile as she touched Isabella's arm with her hand.

"It's okay, really. I'm just glad you can't tell I'm pregnant, that means that this shirt still works", Isabella joked as she smiled, pulling on her baggy shirt she was wearing. "I'd appreciate it, though, if you didn't tell anyone that I am pregnant", Isabella continued as she looked at Suzy with pleading eyes, smiling shyly.

"Got it, your secret's safe with me", Suzy pretended to lock her lips and throw away the key. "When's your due date then? If you don't mind me asking", Suzy continued, smiling as she picked up McKenna, stopping her from running away.

"It's in mid September", Isabella smiled at McKenna as she giggled when Cristie tickled her.

"That's amazing! A little autumn baby then."

"Yup", Isabella nodded her head looking around in the store. At this rate, she was going to be late for her class.

"So how are you feeling then? Feeling good?", Suzy asked as she handed McKenna over to Cristie, after seeing that McKenna had grabbed at Cristie's hair.

"I'm feeling great actually, no problem with- woah", Isabella stopped clutching her bump with her hand, staring wide eyed at her mom.

"What is it?!", Cristie let McKenna down before holding her hand over Isabella's. "Does it hurt?"

"No, no... I think I just felt the baby kick, that's all", Isabella gave her mom a small smile to assure her that she was okay. Shit just got really real Isabella thought to herself.

"Oh my God! She kicked", Cristie grinned at Suzy.

"It's a girl?", Suzy gave Cristie a warm smile before looking at Isabella.

"Mhm, it's a girl- wohoa", Isabella laughed as she felt the baby kick again.

"I felt it! I felt it!", Cristie almost jumped on her spot being so excited, grinning as she held her hand on her daughter's bump. "I can't believe I just felt my grand daughter kick for the first time", she continued, wiping at her falling happy tears with her other hand that wasn't on Isabella's bump.

"You should start talking to her, they should be able to hear you talk by now", Suzy commented, watching as Cristie wiped at her eyes with both her hands.

"I heard that, I didn't think- okay seriously", Isabella stopped again, laughing as she shook her head a little at her baby's kicking. "She kicked again."

"She's gonna be a football player!", Cristie giggled as she put a strand of Isabella's hair behind her ear, before putting her hand back on Isabella's bump.

"Do you wanna...?", Isabella motioned down towards her bump looking at Suzy, thinking it would be pretty cool that the baby's grandmas had felt her kick at the same time.

"Oh, no, I don't have to if you don't feel comfortable with it-", Suzy stopped as Isabella grabbed her hand to put on her bump. Just as Suzy was about to protest, she felt the baby move and she looked up with wide eyes as she smiled brightly.

"I felt her move!"

Isabella smiled looking down at their hands. This was the first time she actually felt somewhat happy and positive about her pregnancy, and the more she thought about it, maybe this wasn't such a bad thing after all.

----------

Rushing into the school, Isabella almost tripped on her own feet. She was so dead. She was a half hour late for her last class this week, math.

Unlocking her locker, she dropped her bag on the floor so it wouldn't be in the way when she grabbed her books and pencil from her locker. Holding her books and pencil against her side with her arm and hand, she locked the locker before walking away towards the classroom the rest of her class was in.

Sighing, she remembered that she hadn't put her bag in her locker, so she turned around to see her bag still on the floor leaning against the lockers down at the floor.

She walked forward and unlocked her locker again, before standing on her tiptoes to put her books and pencil on top of all the lockers so she could lift her heavy bag up to her locker. She reached up again to take her books and pen after she had locked her locker for the second time, before muttering under her breath about her stupid shirt that had ridden up over her bump as she pulled it down again over her tight tank top that she had under the baggy shirt.

Stopping dead in her tracks when she turned around again to walk to her classroom, she saw Jimmy standing at the end of the empty hallway with wide eyes staring at her. He must have seen the bump.

"Oh shit."