Status: Done

The Saints Can't Help Me Now

I quit.

“Can I have a Lite Mocha Latte with whipped cream, a Lite Vanilla Spice Latte, and an Iced Coffee with three splendas please?” I ask the cashier at Starbucks. I hand him the company credit card, take my receipt, and wait for my order. When I received the job Production Assistant at WBYZ News, I didn’t know that this is what I would be doing. I pick up dry cleaning, go get coffee, take lunch orders, plan events, and do whatever else I’m asked for the talent. Honestly, I wouldn’t have taken the job if I knew that this is what I was going to be doing. I did more film production related things in my internship, and that’s saying something. I guess my life always works backwards.

I return to the studio ten minutes later with the coffees. As soon as I enter the door, I hear someone screeching my name. “MELINDA. MELINDA, WHERE ARE YOU?”

I enter main news room where Brittany Heski, WBYZ’s main news anchor is getting her make-up touched up before camera time. “Melinda! Finally! Where have you been?” I handed her her coffee. “Lovely.” She takes a sip and immediately spits it out. “WHAT IS THIS? I ASKED FOR A CHAI LATTE.”

“Actually, you asked for a Vanilla-“

“WHY WOULD I ASK FOR VANILLA? I HATE VANILLA. Go get me another. You need to pay for it, the company credit card only budgets one coffee per person a day and since you’re the one that messed up, I think you owe them for a wasted coffee.”

I sit the rest of the coffees down, take off my lanyard with my studio pass on it and drop it next to the coffees. As calmly as I possibly could, I take a deep breath and start. “Actually Brittany, I quit. Thank you for this opportunity though, I appreciate it.”

Brittany suddenly has a look of anger and disbelief. “But-“

I put my hand up and hand her the company card. “Bye. “ I begin to walk away but before leaving I turn back around. “By the way, it’s Milly.”
“I am so stupid. Why did I do that? I just quit my first job after six months. I will never find another job now.” I complain to Frieda, my roommate and best friend since college.

“You have the full point of items of stress that you can intake. This was the point. You will find a more fulfilling opportunity.”

I laugh. “Oh Fried, I love your English skills. Good thing you’re a camera operator and not a producer or a director.”

She looks confused. “What? What was wrong saying?”

“It’s fine, I understood what you meant. Good try.” I smile.

She frowns. “It is difficult for me that you do not speak German. My German speaking is much better than my English speaking.”

“I’m sure that my German would be much worse than your English and you’re doing a lot better than when I first met you. At least you understand me, right?”

She shrugs. “Yes, that is truth. Oh, I have an idea to make you better feeling.”

I try not to laugh. She tries so hard. “What’s that?”

“You will need your skateboard and your strong stomach.”

“You want to drink and go skateboarding? That sounds like a terrible idea.”

“I am thinking that we make the skateboarding and then do the drinking, Liebling.”

I can’t help but laugh at that one. “Okay, let’s go make the skateboarding!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Frieda's name is pronounced "Free-duh" just for everyone who isn't familiar with German. This is my first try at a fan-fic. The boys won't be showing up just yet, but I promise they will in a few parts!

I do own Brittany and I made up the news station but it might be real, who knows.
I do not own Starbucks, obviously.

Meow.

OH, also, I will just be randomly updating for now until i get into the flow of the story. Feedback would be sweet. (: