Status: Done

The Saints Can't Help Me Now

But..

I arrive to work Monday morning coated in foundation on every part of my visible body with hickeys. Usually after a few days they go away, but this time they just got worse. The foundation kind of helped, but my skin still looked darker in those spots. I hadn’t talked to anyone but Bam and Frieda since Friday afternoon. I’ve be avoiding Knoxville’s phone calls, not wanting to tell him what happened.

I have office work to do for Jeff so I immediately get out my computer and begin to work, knowing that I will probably be interrupted or distracted soon. No one does solid work in here for more than 5 minutes without being disturbed. Someone calls for you, comes to see you, throws something at you, pulls a prank on you. It’s not a healthy working environment if you’re looking to actually accomplish work.

Surprisingly, my side of the office remains relatively quiet for about half an hour and although I got things done, it drove me crazy. No one came to visit me. I close my laptop and go wandering. I know there are people here. I finally hear a lot of noise coming from down the hall. I walk around a corner to see filming happening, with a snake. I put my hands over my face and quickly walk the other direction.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around to instantly be pulled in a hug. “Hey sweetheart, no one knew you were here yet.”

I return the hug by wrapping my arms around him. I look up at him, seeing that my shortness goes to his chest. “I’ve been here for almost an hour, Johnny.”

He lets go and chuckles. “I don’t think none of us checked, actually. What was up with not answering my calls this weekend?”

I stutter out some words. “Oh, uh I just-“

Bam cuts me off before I can develop an answer as he drapes his arm over my shoulders. “She was with me, I don’t think she checked her phone all weekend.” He gives me a big, sloppy kiss just like he used to.

I can see the hurt in Johnny’s eyes, but he just smiles. “Oh, well congrats on getting back together.”

“But we’re not-“

“Thanks Knoxville.” Bam grabs Johnny’s face and aggressively kisses him on the cheek and goes back to the boys.

“We’re not-“

“Congratulations, Milly.” He just gives me a sad look and returns as well.

Why won’t anyone let me say that we’re not back together, god dammit?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's funny because I was simultaneously working on this and a paper about Pope Benedict resigning. Nothing like waiting two hours before a deadline to start writing a college essay! Whoo!

Hope everyone likes it. Thanks for reading!

ps - the usual comments and subscriptions are very much appreciated. (: