Status: Done

The Saints Can't Help Me Now

Johnny Visits

I sit in my kitchen with my family and Frieda and play apples to apples that evening when I hear a knock on the door. I answer it to see a nervous Johnny. Before I can invite him inside he comes in and starts pacing in front of me.

I close the door. "What's up?" I ask, confused.

He stops in front of me. "What haven't you told me?"

I feel my heart sink, but I try to play it cool. "What are you talking about?"

He starts pacing again. "Bam told me you haven't told me something. Why did you tell him and not me?"

I stop him by putting my hands on his shoulder and I sigh. "I should have known Bam would tell you sooner than later."

He throws his hands up in the air. "Well, what it is?"

I close my eyes. "I'm pregnant, Johnny."

I open my eyes to see his, very wide. He turns and sits on the couch. "Shit." is all he says.

I sit down next to him. "There's even better news." He looks at me. "I don't know who's it is."

He puts his hands on his face. "Why didn't you tell me?" He mutters through his hands.

"I didn't want to upset you."

He scoffs. "I think I would be more upset in a few months when you have a beer belly with a kid inside."

I chuckle. "I guess you're right."

"So what are you going to do?"

I sigh. "I'm moving back here with my mom, at least until the baby is born. Frieda is going back without me in a few days. I made more than enough money to stay here and not work."

He hugs me. "But I'll miss you sweetheart."

I nuzzle my head in his shoulder. "You'll be busy with the rest of the movie. I will be one less distraction."

He kisses my forehead. "But you're the best kind of distraction."

I pull away. "So you're not mad at me for not telling you?"

He shakes his head. "I understand why. Just know that I will be here for you no matter what." He gives me a sweet kiss on the lips.

I just smile. Perfect.