Stars, War and Love

And, They're Off!

“Rayne, I’d like to introduce you to your living quarters for the next couple months!” Austin said pulling me onto the new tour bus. It was finally happening, we’re going on tour. It wasn’t a fantasy that I had imagined. It was truly happening.
“It’s incredible in here!” I exclaimed in awe. There was a living room area equipped with a decent sized couch, TV and all your video game needs, thanks to the band members. Behind that was a small kitchen, enough to store and heat up small things and a small table. There was only one bathroom, of course, with all the essentials but, with five boys, this will be interesting. Then, finally we got to the bedroom area and there was enough room for three bunk beds.
Austin smiled at me and pointed “I saved the best bunk for you! Right below me!”
“Oh great! Bunking with you? I might have to quit the tour.” I grinned as Austin looked at me with fake upset all over his face.
“Well, that wasn’t very nice. I guess I’ll just have to get you back for that.” He gave me a sly look. Oh goodness, this could only mean one thing. I jumped off my bunk attempting to run away before Austin caught up to me. I failed and then was instantly immersed into a full fledged tickle fight. I eventually broke from his grasp and pinned his hands above his head, straddling his waist.
“Should we come back later?” The drummer, Andrew stated as he and the rest of the band walked onto the bus. I blushed, quickly returning to my feet. They all laughed at my embarrassment and then Alex thankfully pulled the attention to himself.
“Guys! I’m incredibly excited that this tour is happening and each and every one of you deserve this opportunity. Just remember to listen to your lovely tour manager and keep out of trouble. Good luck and have fun- just not to much!” We all blurted out a thank you and watched Alex exit the bus.
“So! To start this off right, I believe a Smash Bros tourney is in order!” This came from Ricky, who was unraveling the GameCube controllers and setting up the game. Everyone agreed immediately. The Andrews went to the fridge and cracked open a few beers and our first night on the bus had officially begun.
After I had gotten my butt kicked for the millionth time, I decided to head to the bunkroom and call Michael to see how he was doing on his first night alone. “Hey Mikes! I miss you already! Do you miss me?”
“Phhft. I’m having the time of my life. Naked, on the couch, watching whatever the fuck I want. It’s a dream come true! No, but, really. Please hurry up and finish the tour, I’m already lonely.”
“Awh, Mike! I miss you too. The boys are too good at Super Smash Bros. I need your suckatude back.” I smiled thinking back to all of the times Mike had thrown the controller because I beat him.
“Hey now, little lady, I’m a beast at that game. You’re just not remembering correctly. NOW ON TO REAL BUSINESS. Have you gotten it in with Austin yet?”
“NO, MICHAEL. I have yet to ‘get it in’ with anyone. Have YOU gotten it in yet?” Mikes and Mara had been getting cosy with one another a couple weeks before the tour had begun. I assumed nothing had happened yet because it would be a conflict of interest.
“Unfortunately, no. Epona and I have done nothing but watch TV and listen to music.”
“And how is my baby doing?”
“She’s fine, love. I can take care of her just fine.”
“Thanks, Mikes. Now, put some clothes on, go over to Mara’s and then…” I paused for effect “...take them off again.”
“I will certainly try my hardest, bitch tits. Now, I want a full report of your day as soon as you can. I love ya, sis.”
“D’awh, I love you too, fuck face.” And with that he hung up and I sighed looking at the empty bunk room and how this was going to be a long tour without my main support system with me at all times. I decided to take the opportunity to read my book while the boys were still enticed by Super Smash Bros. I picked up my copy of ‘Salem’s Lot by Stephen King and immediately was captivated by the story I have read several times before. Before I knew it I was fast asleep.
A few hours later I was awoken by the noise of the boys finally ending their first night on tour. I checked my cell and it was about 5 AM and I sighed, getting up quietly and heading into the kitchen to get coffee. I turned on the light and was startled by Austin who was sitting on the couch.
“Austin! You scared the shit out of me.” I whispered as he laughed a little. I flipped him off and started filling the coffee maker. “What are you doing still up?”
“I can’t sleep.” He shrugged, grabbing a mug for himself and I from the cabinet above me. “Just a little worried about how the tour is going to go, I guess.”
“Austin, you’re a fantastic artist and fans are already in love with you. You have no reason to be worried about the tour.” I smiled up at him giving him a hug. He held me tight and kissed the top of my head and I shuddered. We stayed close to one another, neither of us letting go just yet.
“Thanks. But, I’m not worried about the fans liking us... I’m more worried about my health, to be honest.” He said and I raised an eyebrow. We had never really talked about this before. I knew his mother passed away from Marfan Syndrome and I wasn’t positive it was passed onto him genetically.
“You’ve never told me about this before.” I looked into his eyes with a hint of worry written all over my expression.
He pushed my hair strands behind my ear, whilst surveying my expression. He just smiled and stated simply, “I’m going to be fine. I promise I won’t be going anywhere, babe.” I smiled up at him and without another word I felt his lips on mine. He pulled away, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done…” Without letting him speak again, I cupped my hand on his face and brought his lips to mine once again.
“You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for that.” I said without hesitation. I smile formed on both of our faces and we retreated to the couch to watch Disney movies until we fell asleep in each other’s arms as we normally do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that this has taken me over a year to update, to any of you who actually enjoy this story.
I'm going to try my hardest to keep updating. I've been extremely inspired to write lately and rather than scrap this story I thought I would at least try to continue it.
As always, thank you for reading. Leave a comment if you'd like! Feedback is much appreciated.
xoxo,
Beccs