Status: Updates Eventually.

It's Been a While

Part Iero

“Come on, get up in there already! He’s definitely going to find like poison or some shit…” I yelled to Becca, whose top half was in the attic while her legs were sticking out at awkward angles. It was like Mikey all over again…

“Oi! The opening’s tiny! You try getting in.” She shouted back before being sucked completely into the black hole that was the attic. I heard Dom giggle and then multiple thuds. Seemed like things were going just swimmingly.

“So, how did this happen?” I asked Aiden. I guess it’s not really the best idea to leave kids with strange people.

“They were in the play pen and I asked them to be good while I went to the bathroom. I was only gone for one minute, I swear!” He said. More thumps and an “ow” from Becca. Wonderful.

“Did you leave a stuffed animal with buttons for eyes in there with them?” I queried.

“Yeah, why? Does that matter?”

“Well, you see, Dom has a strange fascination with ripping the buttons off of those and using them to unlock the little lock thing on the outside. He’s pretty good at it, too. Also, he likes exploring.”

“Still not sure how he managed to get up there…”

“He finds ways. Nowhere is safe when you’re part Iero and part me.” I snickered. More thumps, then a thud, then a mass of flesh falling from the ceiling. Just like old times. The ceiling still sucks.

“Oh, hi Becca. Did you find him, or-” I was cut off by Dom jumping out of the ceiling’s newest hole and onto Becca, then trying to run away before I caught him.

“Yes. Yes I did. I’m just going to lay here for a little bit until things that aren’t supposed to hurt stop hurting.” She grumbled. I went to call Gerard and tell him it happened again while Aiden and Natalie watched Bandit. I took Dom with me because it seemed like he was in a very bitey mood and Jamia was coming with Cherry, Lily, and Miles soon. There was a knock at the door right after I hung up, so I figured it was them, then in came Gavin.

“Hey, love. How’s the family reunion going?” He chirped, looking around at the high ceilings of the house I spent my teenagerhood in.

“Good, hey, since when are you part of my family?” I asked, trying to get him back out the door.

“Since I felt like coming by. Nice house. You mentioned sisters?”

“NO.”

“Come on, I just want to talk to them!”

“Gavin, when do you ever just talk?” I retorted. He pretty much shut up after that. Becca finally got up from her sheetrock bed to make a sandwich.

“Hey, my name’s Gavin. Nice to meet you.” He smiled, reaching out for a handshake.

“Gavin!”

“What? I wasn’t flirting! I was just introducing myself!”

“For you, that is flirting.”