Status: Updates Eventually.

It's Been a While

A Baby for Frank?

“For the love of Bryar, Gavin, can’t you keep it in your pants?”

“And who might you be?” Gavin said to me, winking subtly and blatantly ignoring his fellow barista. Jillian and Becca snickered.

“I’m Natalie, Jill’s other sister. And that really attractive guy over there playing om-nom-I’m-a-dinosaur with Dominik is my fiancé, Aiden. Nice to meet you.”

“Oh…um…sorry…I-“Gavin stuttered, obviously embarrassed.

“Lawlz. Fail, Gavin.” Jill managed to squeak through her laughter.

“Hey, no, seriously, it’s fine.” I tried to convince him. “Even Aiden isn’t taking it seriously.” Which he wasn’t. I could see him trying to hold down snickers while Dom tried to get his tiny mouth around his broad shoulder.

“Hey. Hey you.” Aiden poked my arm as we sat on the couch. “I want coffee. Take me to go get coffee.”

“You consume too much caffeine. Now get up. You’re terrible at parking and you’re too tired for me to trust you with the car.”

“You’re walking too fast….”

“Oh, stop whining. You’re lucky you’re adorable.”

“I can haz hug?”

“Yes, you can haz hug.” We proceeded to hug in the middle of the empty road as it started to snow.

Half an hour later, with Aiden properly caffeinated and functioning well, my phone rang. “Hello?” It was Becca.

“Hi, I know you and Aiden are busy being all cute and perfect and wonderful, but we think Frank might be having a baby.”

I hung up.

“I am getting a great feel for the sort of things that go on in your family, kid.”