Status: Updates Eventually.

It's Been a While

Return of the Mikey (and a Dragon)

“Wait, how do you do this?” I had literally never used a joystick controller in my life.

“The left joystick controls where you move, and the right controls your view. The button on top is your weapon,” Aiden said through snickers.

“Okay. I’ve got this,” I said, frantically moving the controller and turning my body with it, as if imitating the movements I wanted my character to do would somehow make me play better. I then proceeded to slam into a wall, running myself in circles against the dirt.
“Oh! There’s a dragon!” I said. “So are you supposed to make friends with the dragons? Am I supposed to go pet him or something?”

“Facepalm...” Jill groaned, not being able to let go of her controller to carry out the action. Ding. The doorbell sounded. I dropped my controller, not having gotten anywhere in the game anyway, and opened the door.

“Hey-Um…Oh. Sorry. I think I have the wrong-OH. OH SHIT. Hi! It’s you! Umm…” Mikey Way, you never cease to amaze me. He wrapped me in a big ol’ hug. Rather, as big a hug as his spindly arms could manage.

“Hello hello Mikey Way! Nice to finally see you again.”

“Yeah, umm, you too! This is Alicia, my wife. Alicia, this is my uhh…kid…Natalie…” I have to admit, that wasn’t one of Mikey’s best statements. Thank goodness Alicia remembered all the stories Gerard had told her about us.

“Mikey…Mikey go make me a sandwich…” Alicia said, poking him, Huh…this was familiar…

“Gotcha covered,” I said. “There are a few grilled cheese sandwiches left on the table.”

“Mikey, this is Aiden. He’s my fiancé.”

“WHOAAAAA WHAT THE FUCK. HOLD YOUR FUCKING SHIT. YOU ARE SIXTEEN YEARS OLD. YOU CANNOT BE GETTING MARRIED. NO. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. And you didn’t even think to tell me before?! I am disappointed. Very disappointed. Go to your room, Natalie Ierotorowaybryar! GO.”

“…Mikey, I’m twenty one…I moved out five years ago…”

“…Oh. Right. Lost track of time. Congratulations!”