Status: Updates Eventually.

It's Been a While

The Barista

"How was your weekend?" I asked, grabbing the tiny three year old from his dad's arms.

"Great! I got him to eat something besides macaroni and cheese, and he didn't bite anyone this time." Frank replied, handing over some of his favorite toys as well.

"Wow, really? That's awesome! Dom, do you have something to say to daddy?"

"You're awesome!" He shouted, waiting for his high five. That's how it always works. He and Frank high fived before Frank had to leave. Jamia was waiting in the car with Cherry, Lily, and Miles.

"Have fun with mommy this week! Oh, Jill, don't forget the reunion on Wednesday." Frank said, dashing out the door to his wife and kids.

"I won't!" I shouted back. They really were an adorable couple. I locked up the café for the night and walked home with Dominik and the bunch of toys he brought to Frank's house every weekend. A bunch of weird things happened that involved me and Frank and little Domi-fetus that caused us to break off our five year long relationship. We're still best friends, though. It started on the night of my 18th birthday, when Frank and I decided "Hey! Sex is a thing! Lets do that!". Then, I got really, really bitchy because hormones and shit, so I broke up with Frank, then un-broke up with Frank, then we decided upon a mutual break up. After that, Frank started hanging out with Jamia, who was his girlfriend in high school, then long story short, they got married. About a week after that, Dominik was born. He and his dad share a birthday. When Gerard found out about this, he was absolutely pissed. Beyond pissed, actually. Super pissed. Even though I was legally an adult, I was still his daughter in a weird sort of way. Actually, Frank and I are still trying to work out how he can be Dom's dad and granddad at the same time.

"C'mon, Dom. We've got to get up early tomorrow if you're going to daycare." I said, putting him down on his little mini-bed with the Star Wars sheets. 

"Don't wanna go." He said, folding his arms and doing the pouty lips.

"If you go, I'll let you wear the skeleton pyjamas."

"Yay skelejamies! Okay." 

He loved that outfit, mostly because he liked to pretend it was Halloween every day. Halloween meant cake and candy and dress up, his three favorite things. Damn, he's an awesome kid.

"Awesome!" He yelled, waiting for his high five again.

"Dude, you're gonna wake the neighbors if you scream. How about quiet time?" I said. He nodded and put his finger to his lips.

"Story?" He whispered. I tucked him into bed with his little purple stuffed squid. 

"Once upon a time, there was a magical dragon named... uh... Spartacus. Spartacus was really, really cool and could fly, breath fire, and... umm... make really good cookies. Then one day, he met a... hmmm... an elf. She was very pretty and could definitely win a contest in being pretty if she tried, but she didn't like beauty contests because they're icky. Her name was... uh... Alice. So Alice and Spartacus fell in love, even though they were all different and everything, but I don't really know how that would work because honestly, Spartacus was really big. Like fifty feet tall. But Alice was only like six feet tall at most, so this story probably isn't very realistic. Also, they're completely different species, so this story is really, really improbable. Oh fu-- firetruck, I got off topic. Anyway, the point is that they didn't care what people said about them being a couple because all that mattered was the fact that they loved each other. The end."

He was asleep by the time I finished. That's fuckin' adorable.
♠ ♠ ♠
You may be gone, but out here in the desert your shadow lives on without you.