Status: Updates Eventually.

It's Been a While

But Where Have the Eggs Gone?

“Aiden,” I whispered. It was three in the morning and we were lying in bed. But we knew neither one of us was asleep. “Yeah?” He said, moving a little closer.
“I’m worried about Becca.”
“I know, but she’ll be alright. Things have a funny habit of working themselves out. Especially when they matter.”
“I just…she’s my sister. And til now I’d forgotten how much I valued knowing where she is and that she’s safe. And I just hope someone’s taking good care of her.”
“Someone is. I promise.”
“Okay. I trust you.” He kissed my cheek and we fell asleep in a gentle embrace.
I woke up while the sun was up but the house was still sleeping. Breakfast for the family sounded like a good idea. Except for our mysterious lack of eggs. “Huh,” I thought. “Gee said he bought a carton just two days ago.” More than likely the band had gotten mad at some local journalist or another and egged their car. The little owner of the little convenience store on the corner -since nothing in Belleville is big- greeted me groggily. As I walked to the back I noted a suspicious tuft of brownish-blonde hair and a spot of orange. ‘That’s odd,’ I thought.
“Mass.” I said aloud.
“Convulsions.” I heard, whispered.
“Strike the choir,” I said, taking a step toward the sound.
“By” I heard. “The.” Another step. “Grace.” Closer. “Of.” One more…
“God.”
“Found you.” I said quietly. Becca threw her arms around me, knocking me backward into the energy drink refrigerator. Thank goodness for thick glass.
“I see you went for orange. Good choice.”
“Thanks. I’m sorry about everything, I ju-“ I noticed a white carton sticking out of her bag. I pulled it out. A carton of eggs, only two missing.
“I had to…”
“No, I applaud you. You know my rising habits too well. May I ask what you did with the other two eggs?”
“You don’t want me to get into it. In short…pigeons.”