Status: Updates Eventually.

It's Been a While

Harry Potter and the Strangest People who Went to See It.

“What do you mean you didn’t bring your robe?!?” Becca, Aiden, and the rest of us all stood in the lobby of the movie theater, dressed in full Hogwarts attire, complete with wands. Bob, however, was not.

“For fuck’s sake! The youngest one of you here is twenty one! I’m a grown man, I will not “sockplay”, as you put it.”

Here comes the sass. Gerard stepped forward. “First of all, bitch, it’s COSplaying. Second, bitch, we’re seing fuckin’ Harry Potter and the Deathly Fuckin’ Hallows. If dem hallows ain’t deathly enough for you, you can wait your sassy ass in the car.” He dropped the robe he’d made for him over the weekend into Bob’s arms, the Hufflepuff badge visible on top.

“Nicely put,” Jill commented.

“Tickets, tickets?” The man at the booth collected them one by one. “Is that all?”

“Yes sir, tha-“

“WAITWAITWAITWAITWAIT.” Gavin scrambled around the butter machine and rockstar slided to a halt by Gillian’s feet. “One more, please.”

“Ohhhhh boy…” There may have a been a bit of synchronized face palming.

“Hey-Hey Gillian. Hey Gillian. Hey. Hey.”

“What, Gavin?”

“Expecto Patronum! I learned a new spell! Expecto Patronum! Expec-“

“Gavin, if you don’t shut up, I assure you, you’ll find a fist in the midst of your throat.”

“But-“

“DO. NOT. INTERRRUPT. ALBUS. DUMBLEDORE.”

“Chocolate milkshake for Luna Lovegood and a strawberry banana for Hagrid!”

We were sitting and discussing the mechanics of the Battle of Hogwarts, because that’s what theater nerds do, when Aiden’s phone rang.

“Hello? Really? Uh huh. Umm. Great. Oh…I’m so sorry…Umm. I’ll get back to you. Thanks. Bye.”

“Hey, Natalie, honey?”

“What is this terrible news you’re about to deliver?”

“It’s nothing major, really. Really minor. A helicopter landed- if you could call that landing- on our wedding venue.”

“…”

“I told you! Nothing major!”