Status: Updates Eventually.

It's Been a While

The New Plan

“Natalie,” I said, trying to get her to focus on me and not storm down to the venue and beat the snot out of the helicopter pilot. “Natalie, it’s going to be alright. Here, help me make a big dinner and we can talk about other options. Bob, you up for that?” Bob was the one who’d taught me how to cook in the first place, allowing me to feed myself and the hoards of techies and theater kids who inevitably showed up on the weekend.

“Fine.” He was still a bit on edge, and I couldn’t blame him. His entire being centered around being behind all of the drama.

Aiden went off hurriedly to search for a new hat for Charlie and, with Jill’s help, I coaxed Natalie into the car. Our robes and wands had been tossed into the trunk of the minivan I didn’t know we had until heading out to the theater in the first place.

“What about the backyard?” Gerard suggested. It had expanded since I’d moved out, leaving ample room for all of our young siblings to run about. “We can set up a big tent.”

“We can call up some of the other bands for entertainment,” Ray agreed, having been kicked out of his own car by Lyn-Z. Mikey and Frank were still with their wives, though. A babysitter had been called for Bandit, Cherry, Lily, Miles, and Dom. Gavin took Jill’s car home for her. “Plus, Christa’s got some recipes for wedding food.”

“No way!” Gerard exclaimed, obviously excited. Jill and Natalie were quietly discussing the likelihood of Fall Out Boy coming off hiatus. “I’ve got like a million from my Nana. We can totally pull a Godfather and go really traditional Italian for this. What do you think, Natalie?”

“My cast and crew have to come and we’ve got a lot of picky eaters,” She trailed off, but the thought of having it in the backyard didn’t seem to bother her. When we got back to the house, I immediately brought my sisters and Bob into the kitchen, dragging out nearly every pot and pan I could find, along with most of the food in the fridge.

“Jill, start chopping onions but make sure it’s really really fine. Natalie, I want you to help make meatballs because I think squishing the meat might help get rid of some of the anger and anxiety. Bob-”
He’d already started on pasta before I could tell him what to do. “Right. Thanks. I think I’ll see if there are any tomatoes in that weird garden Gee and Lyn-Z have got going.”

There were, and by the time I picked them out and brought them inside, the table was set and Bob had already started the sauce, sans tomatoes.

“I didn’t even think about the other bands that we’ve met… Aiden and I were expecting something small, you know?” I giggled.

“Natalie, did you really think the guys were going to go small? I bet you each one of them is on the phone right now, calling up Panic and Fall out Boy and MSI and the Used. You might want to call your actors and techies and tell them to be prepared.”