Status: Updates Eventually.

It's Been a While

Dress Shopping

“But sleep…” Becca said, pointing to her pillow. She had on a ridiculous amount of makeup, apparently from being Columbia. Which was awesome.

“You can sleep in the car.” I replied, dragging her out of bed and into the bathroom. “Shower first. I would very much like to get the whole dress thing over with. Dresses are icky.”

“Jill! Lindsey and Gerard left and told me to watch small children while they’re gone! One started crying! What do I do?” Natalie yelled from the living room. The guy who she came in with ran past me and down the stairs, presumably to stop either Bandit or Dom from being all crying and stuff. I went down to see if what I thought happened happened and sure enough, it did. Dom bit Bandit. Again. It happens every time they have a playdate, then they forget about it and start playing house.

“Mommy, sorry. I want my puppy.” He whined while the dude tried to comfort Bandit.
“Come on, Dominik. I told you that if you bit anyone, you weren’t going to get a puppy.”

“Three strikes?”

“… okay, deal. Three strikes you’re out. It’s not because you asked, it’s because I want a puppy too.”

“Who is that kid’s dad and since when do you have a kid anyway?” Becca asked. She finished her shower, so it was dress time. Ew.

“His dad’s Frank, and since three years ago. Now, lets go so we can come back. I think I can trust the stranger to watch the little people. Natalie, can I trust the stranger to watch the little people?”

“Yes, you can trust Aiden to watch the little people.” Natalie said.

“Sweet. I’m pretty good with kids.” Aiden person agreed.

“CAR TIME!”

The dress shop was kind of small, but full of things that cost more than my rent. An older lady came out of what was presumably her office to help us pick things out and try things on and shit. The first few dresses she pointed out were all pinkish, so therefore I refused to try them on. I don’t do well with colors of the visible light spectrum that don’t include green. Green is just as good as all the other colors, but NO. Pink just has to be all ‘Want to see the color green? Just have all the other colors instead’. She finally pointed to a dark red one that we all pretty much agreed on. It had this little rose in black stitching on the side and went down to my knees.

“Lovely dress, dears. Would you like to see the bridal gown?” The lady whose name she told us was Cassidy lilted. Becca and I nodded and she went to the back to get it.

“So… this is awkward.”

“Yep.”