Status: Subscribe and please tell me what you think :)

Sick Little Games

Chapter 01

We were all standing in Zack’s basement Jack was tuning his guitar as Alex bounced around in front of the mic, Rian was behind the drums Roo and I stood beside Lisa she didn’t seem all that bad not to me anyway I glanced over at my sister who was eying Alex just as he began to sing after Jack had tuned his guitar Zack had started playing first on the guitar, then the drums then Jack.
“Lights out,
I still hear the rain,
These images that fill my head,
Now keep my fingers from making mistakes,
Tell my voice what it takes,
To speak up,
Speak up,
And keep my conscience clean when I wake.

Don't make this easy,
I want you to mean it,
Jasey. (say you'll mean it)
You're dressed to kill,
I'm calling you out, (don't waste your time on me)”
Shay glanced at her sister who kept eyeing Alex who had looked at her a few times then put his full attention back on Lisa, the song soon ended Shay was instantly dragged away out of the basement by Lisa.
“Jack’s been eyeing you this whole time” she said grabbing some drinks for the fridge.
“Has he?” Shay asked as she stood there awkwardly.
“Yup” she popped the “P” with a smile. “He must like you”
Shay twirled some hair on her finger biting at her lower lip, “Oh.. I’m not going to get close to anyone, I’ll just be moving again soon anyway..” she looked down as she said that.
“I’ve been there, but you never know, get to know Jack a little he’s an amazing guy I’ve known the dude for 4 years.” She smiled with a laugh. “Come on, let’s go back down to the basement.” Shay nods walking inside the basement with Lisa after 5 minutes of talking in the kitchen she didn’t seem to be all that bad maybe we’d be good friends…
After practice was finally over Shay had found herself talking to Jack his arm around her shoulder, “I’ll text you later.”
“But you don’t have my-“ Shay was about to finish till he handed her phone back she just laughed shaking her head, “You’re sneaky.” She said taking her phone from his hand.
“Mmm” he hummed in return removing his arm from her shoulders skipping back over toward Alex attacking him only making him fall onto the ground with a thud, “Fucking shit dude.” Alex laughed pushing his best friend off him standing up brushing himself off running a hand thru his hair fixing it back.
“We’re home mommy dearest!” Shay shouted as her and Roo walked inside plopping down onto the couch their bags in front of the front door.
“How was school?”
“Same as usual, but we met some guys they invited us to Taco Bell and to their band practice.”
“Hot guy’s Shay, hot guy’s”
“Their not that hot.” She looked down as her hair fell in her face hiding her blush and small smile.
“Oh whatever, that’s not what you were thinking while you and Jack we’re sitting close in the back seat playing the 20 question game!”
Their mother laughed.
“Band guy’s hey? What grade are these boys in?”
Roo shrugged, “I’m guessing same grade as us and yeah they’re pretty awesome.”
Suddenly Shay’s phone vibrated in her pocket she took it out seeing a number with no name she flipped her phone open seeing the text.
Park tonight? Say around 8?
Shay stared blankly at her phone then a smile crept upon her lips realizing it was Jack that he had taken her phone without her knowing getting her number.
Hm sure  see ya then.
She flipped her phone shut putting it back in her pocket looking up to only see her sister and mother staring at her she laughed.
“It was just Jack, I’m meeting him at the park at 8 that’s two blocks down.”
“Sounds like a date to me” Mom teased.
“It’s not a date, I just met him we’re friends I think..” she trailed off.

7:50 Shay had found herself sitting on a swing at the park two blocks down from her she glanced at the time on her cell phone he wasn’t there yet she had only hoped that this wasn’t a sit up after all it was only 8 minutes till 8 suddenly she felt someone sit next to her she tilted her head to see Jack sitting on the swing next to her.
“Hey” he smiled, his smile was adorable showing the dimples on the side she smiled back.
“Hey, so what are we doing here?”
“Well, I thought maybe we’d start a new 20 question game get to you know, know each other a little better.”
Shay looked down at her lap, “Oh” she mumbled quietly.
“So, first question… What was the first song you learned on Guitar?” Jack asked as he started the game.
“Mmm, Thanks for the memories by Fall out Boy”
Jack tilted his head smirking, “Seriously?”
Shay nods.
“How old were you when you first started playing guitar?” Shay asked she looking at Jack.
“4, Favorite movie?”
“Home Alone”
Jack’s smile turned into a huge grin, “Seriously? Who’s your favorite character?”
“Kevin”
Shay was instantly tackled to the ground she opened her eyes only to meet Jack’s brown ones, “You’re officially my new best friend.”
“I’m going to guess you’re a huge fan?”
Jack smirked nodding standing up holding his hand out, Shay stared at it a moment before placing her hand in his feeling him lift her up back on her feet, “Yeah. I get on the guy’s nerves about wanting to watch the movie during our movie nights.” He rolled his eyes.
Shay smiled with a short laugh, “Mmm when’s your birthday?” Jack asked as they walked over to the meargo round laying ontop of it looking up at the stars.
“December 16th, , you?”
“June 18th , ah another December birthday yours is just two days before Alex’s.” Jack announced with a smile.
“Then it should be easy for you to remember.” Shay joked.
“Favorite color?”
“Red”
The question’s went on she had more in common with Jack then she thought she would her thoughts were broken instantly.
“It’s almost 10, school night. I’ll see you tomorrow?”
Shay nods with a smile feeling his arms wrap around her bringing her in for a hug, “Nigh Shay” she looked up after he had moved back from the hug.
“Night Jack” They both turned their backs heading different ways a smile creeping upon Shay’s lips the whole way home once she walked inside she was instantly attacked by her sister with questions.
“So how was it? What’d you do?”
“We talked, well mostly 20 question game.”
“And?” she bounced around in front of her.
“He said we’re best friends”
“That’s a start isn’t it?”
Shay sighed, “Yeah a start.. for something that won’t happen.”
“You don’t know that Nibs, this could be Mom and Dad’s last move time will only tell.” She said.
“I’m going to bed, night Roo”
“Night Nibs”
Shay slowly walked up the stairs into her room thinking of how much her and Jack had in common she couldn’t stop from smiling she stripped out of her clothes slipping on her pajamas crawling under the covers once the light was turned off she laid there the one last thought she had was about Jack till she drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe and comment!