Status: This is an EXTREMELY slow story, so please bear with me!

Anarchy

Motion

The emerging sunlight shimmered through the leaves, giving the ground a dappled feel. The birds chirped as they flew by a small home hidden by trees. The door was slightly ajar, letting in the fresh breeze as a tall man, a little over 6 feet in height, paced inside a dark room, deep within the house. He kept his back turned to the window, crossing his arms as he sighed angrily. The recent news about Rymothyia coming back early was a becoming a problem for him, and seeing as how he couldn’t openly step into the situation, he knew he had to do something to fix the situation.

His body continuously passed a stream of light as he paced back and forth, as his long, flowing silver robe that hung loosely on his shoulders caught the light as he continued his pacing. His bare feet slapped against the floor as he quickened his pacing, his robe fluttering behind him, barely hanging onto his shoulders. His inner robe was colored dark blue, a royals color, and it seemed to suck all the light that radiated too close to it. It hung off the side of his shoulder, leaving one arm bare to the elements. It fell a few inches above his feet, and was held together in the middle by a large sash that was the color of the midnight sky.

Although he held the regal air of human nobility, his ears and tail betrayed the fact that he was actually a hybrid of the wolf clan. And not just any wolf hybrid, either. He was the second highest ranked wolf hybrid of the entire clan! But that didn’t mean anything; even with this rank, he still didn’t have the authority to change the situation in his favor.

He sighed as he walked towards the window before lashing out suddenly, slamming his fist down on the wall. "Dammit! Dammit, dammit, dammit!" He let out a frustrated howl, angered by the rules set for his position. He knew Rymothyia, but the rules dictated that he couldn't be biased when deciding a clans member's fate, meaning he was to act neutral and banish her. "Dammit!" He snapped at no one in particular, turning and growling as he walked into a room and slammed the door.

He’d have to talk it over with the others.

Perhaps they could come up with something to make Yuki disappear for good.

------

“So this is what your home looks like, huh, Yuki?” Jeremy asked, as they finally arrived at the village, guided by the other wolf hybrids.

“Shut up, you’re not even looking.” Yuki replied, glaring at Jeremy, who’s head was buried in another book of his. She sighed and rolled her shoulder as she gave the village a glance. She hovered by Adriyll and Jeremy, becoming increasingly aware of her surroundings with each step in the village. Grumbling, she rested her hand on her hip, letting Adriyll tug on her tail before she shot her a look. “What are you doing?”

“Seeing if it’s real.”

“Of course it’s real.” Yuki muttered, not in the mood for idle talk. Sighing, she began to mull over how she’d deal with Rikojuu. Hiding in my room isn’t an option... but neither is ignoring her. She cares, it’s just she shows it in a different way.

Yuki gave the village another glance before letting herself walk a bit farther away from Jeremy and Adriyll, crossing her arms and staring off into space, slowly coming to a stop. Her thoughts drifted past her family, her sisters, and her issue with Rikojuu when a yell snapped out of her daze. "RYMOTHYIA LSUS, HOW DARE YOU TURN TAIL!"

“Oh dear.” Yuki mumbled, pulling her mouth into a tight line as she looked up, watching Rikojuu storm over to her. “I can ex--” She started, but was cut by Rikojuu’s snarl.

“Don’t you ‘I can explain this’ to me! You come back early, you blatantly disregard the rules set up by the Elders, and then you expect me to forget it and welcome you back!?” Rikojuu slapped Yuki’s cheek as hard as she could, knocking Yuki back a bit. Rikojuu’s eyes scanned Yuki’s face, and though she was shorter than Yuki by a few inches, her gaze made her feel taller.

Yuki stood there for a long second, saying nothing and keeping her eyes closed before turning back to Rikojuu. “Let’s go talk about this in private, where we can discuss this without disturbing others. It’s early in the morning.” Taking a step back and beckoning her to follow, Yuki’s gaze kept to the ground until she felt a small rush of air as Rikojuu stomped past, turning and smiling at Adriyll and Jeremy. “I’ll be right back; ask for Umren. Tell her that her sister is a bit busy, and that you know me. She’ll take care of you two.” Spinning on her heel, Yuki walked towards Rikojuu’s figure, keeping her movements quiet.

It was a few minutes later that Rikojuu and Yuki were hissing angrily at each other, near the spot where Yuki first came into the village. “Did you have to act like a child and slap me, making a scene? Really now, Rikojuu. Did you not really think about why I came back? Did you really think I was sick of travelling?” Yuki said, crossing her arms and barely covering her hurt expression. The sun was beginning to peek out of it’s slumber, creating a hazy effect as it filtered through the trees. The light hit Yuki’s hair, creating a small ring of light, forcing Rikojuu to move to the side.

“Don’t try to pull that with me, girl,” Rikojuu spat out, nearly punching a hole in Yuki’s chest as she poked it, “I know how you work. Ever since Grwen died---” Rikojuu heard a noise rise up from Yuki’s throat, and it seemed to be in between rage and hurt.

Yuki grabbed Rikojuu’s hand and squeezed it, causing her to wince. “Don’t you dare talk about my mother as if she’s the one to blame.” Yuki’s voice had gone lower than normal, and dangerously soft. The two locked gazes for a long minute before Yuki let go of Rikojuu’s hand and drew back. “Now,” Yuki said, rubbing her temple, “without throwing my mother in, can we discuss this like normal people?”

Rikojuu turned, crossing her arms. “You know that coming back early results in your banishment.” Her voice was softer, though it still held an edge to it. “Was it because of the news you heard in the human country?”

Yuki didn’t have to answer; they both knew it. For a few minutes they stood in silence, the only sounds which could be heard were the pair’s breathing, the soft tweeting of birds waking up to see the sunrise and the sound of fabric rubbing against fur. Yuki took a few steps back, sighing as she slid down against a tree trunk to sit.

Her hair spilled around her, creating a pool of blue-black hair as she spoke to Rikojuu, her voice calmer than before. “Rikojuu, I heard news that something bad was going to happen in Weis. You know Styn and Umren are here; I’m practically their mother. I can’t let anything happen to them, or you. What if they lost me too?” Yuki looked up at Rikojuu, running a hand through her hair. Yuki heard a pleading note in her voice, and before she could correct herself Rikojuu sighed.

Rikojuu was silent, clearly thinking over what Yuki had said to her, before nodding. “I’ll see what I can do. For now, go to your sisters.”

“Thank you.” Yuki said, standing up. Not caring about the dirt on her clothes, she released a sigh as she forced herself to move.

Rikojuu sighed before cradling her head in her hands. “Rymothyia, what have you done?”

------

Adriyll was pacing in the room that the clan members had given for her and Jeremy to stay in, occasionally nearly tripping and landing on her face while she did so. However, she was so deep in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice the pain. She knew that Yuki wasn’t one to take a blow, nor was she air-headed. So why had things turned out the way they did?

Eventually, however, she decided she could always ask Yuki later. Thinking about it was boring. She turned and smiled at Jeremy, who was on the bed reading.

“Adriyll wants to play!” she said, tugging at his sleeve.

With a sigh, he gently removed her fingers from his sleeve. “Go away, I’m busy.” He said, deftly flipping a page with his free hand. “Go play with the the locals or something.”

“They’re not there though.” She motioned to the window near her, and pouted. Turning around to prove her point, she imitated a glare as she scanned the empty clearing. “See?”

“Then try asking for people to keep you company. You’re their guest, so they should treat you nicely.”

“Okay.” Taking his advice, Adriyll walked out of the room, walking down the stairs and through the hallways that she had come in through, walking out of the building and looking around. She knew Yuki would kill her for leaving alone, but she was in a community that wouldn't let children get harmed... right?

Adriyll could only hope.

As she wandered around the village, she saw parents with children staring out of their windows at her, concerned and.. scared? Adriyll shook it off, stretching her arms. She remembered that she had left her bow and quiver with Jeremy in the room before something bumped into her, causing her to fall and land on her arm. "I'm s-s-sorry!" Adriyll looked up to see a young girl, no more than thirteen or fourteen, with short light brown cropped hair that barely fell past her jaw.

In the morning light, Adriyll saw that the girl's frail body had a light tan, and her sharp facial structure gave her a more mature look. She wore a dark short sleeved shirt over a long black skirt, fidgeting with the hem of her shirt. The girl practically loomed over Adriyll as she helped her up, a flicker of surprise passing Adriyll's face as she was pulled on her feet. "Ar-are you okay? I'm so sorry, here, let me brush off the dirt on you."

"What's your name?" Adriyll asked, tilting her head to the side slightly, watching the girl with curiosity. She looked similar to Yuki, with her ears and tail, but Adriyll wasn't sure.

"Ah! I'm U-Umren, Rymothyia's sister.. And your name is?"

"Adriyll." She replied simply before gasping, remember what Yuki had said earlier. "You-- You're Yuki's sister!" Adriyll jumped a few inches back to study Umren's face, and gasped again. Now that she looked at her, she and Yuki did look similar.

“T-that’s her new alias?” Umren asked, raising an eyebrow. “It s-sounds so... well, u-un-original.” She frowned slightly, making a face. Umren’s ear perked up as she smiled, clapping her hands. “Here, I’ll take you back to where you’re staying.”

Adriyll backed away and shook her head furiously, crossing her arms and pouting. “No. It’s boring in the room with Jeremy. All he ever does is read and ignore me.”

“T-then, would you like to come with m-me? Well, after we tell.. J-Jeremy? Or was it something else?”

“His name is Jeremy.”

“W-well, lets tell J-Jeremy where we are and t-then we can walk around, o-okay?”

“Okay.” Adriyll threaded her hand into Umren’s waiting hand, swinging it slightly as she guided Umren back to the building she came out of.

It didn’t take long for them to reach the room where Jeremy was. When they entered they found Jeremy still sitting on the bed, reading.

“Jeremy, I found someone nice to play with~!”

“Ah, I see you’ve made a new friend. That’s good, isn’t it? Now, why don’t you two run along and play while I continue my work?”

“I’ll take good care of her.” Umren commented, smiling at Jeremy and ushering Adriyll out of the room, closing the door behind her gently. It wasn’t long until Adriyll and Umren were wandering around the village, laughing and talking about anything and everything, as if they were old friends. Umren’s stuttering even went away after awhile. When they had made their way to Umren’s house, Adriyll noticed Yuki slumped against a tree near the door, asleep.

Adriyll moved forward to wake Yuki up before Umren walked up to her, so Adriyll watched from where she was. Umren crouched next to her, shaking Yuki gently on her shoulder. “Hey, sleepyhead. It’s morning now.” Umren said in a soft voice, smiling at Yuki as she awoke.

“How long was I asleep?” Yuki grumbled, coughing as she got up. She rubbed her face, as if her drowsiness were a slime that could be wiped away. Adriyll walked to Yuki and hugged her, burying her face into her stomach. “Hey you.” Yuki said, chuckling at Adriyll. “Where were you?”

Umren ignored her question, watching as Adriyll took her face out of Yuki’s stomach, giving a little huff and frowning. “With Jeremy, but he only ignores me and reads all the time.” She still liked Jeremy, but if only he’d pay attention to her more!

Yuki gave a small chuckle and patted her head before turning to Umren. “Where’s Styn? I’ve been camping out all morning.”

“She’s inside. She’s been sick for a few days, but Rikojuu’s been keeping her well enough to stay awake for a few hours. Rikojuu doesn’t know what started it, though.” Umren gave her a worried glance before smiling at her. “Nonetheless, if she comes outside, I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

“As long as you don’t let her hurt herself coming out, sure.”

“When am I nothing but helpful?” Still, Umren disappeared into the house, and it wasn’t long before she emerged with a girl that looked around ten, maybe a bit older. She wore a white, long sleeved shirt with trousers held up by a blackened leather belt. Her arm was draped around Umren’s shoulder, and in shadow, she looked a nasty mix of green and a light tan. Her short dark brown hair was cut like a boy’s, falling to the start of her jaw. Her vivid orange eyes lit up when she saw Yuki, a smile blossoming on her face. Staggering over, Adriyll quickly got out of the way as she fell onto Yuki, wrapping her into a tight hug.

“Rymothyia! You’re back!” Her dark brown tail wagged furiously, shaking her as she continued hugging Yuki.

Yuki smiled and rubbed her sister’s back, her own tail wagging. “I’m back, yes.” Inside Yuki’s mind, however, she wasn’t sure when she’d have to leave and see her sisters hurt faces. Pushing the thought away, Yuki continued to rub her back gently, giving her a glance. “What happened? How’d you get sick? You didn’t follow another dare, right Styn?” Yuki asked sternly, frowning as she made eye contact with Styn.

Styn laughed before shaking her head. “No, I didn’t. I probably ate something bad.”

Yuki slapped Styn’s head lightly, giving her a stern look. “What have I told you! I told you to watch what you’re eating!”

“I know, I know!”

“Then you shouldn’t be sick in the first place, blockhead!”

Styn only gave her a weak smile before getting up, pulling a face. Umren put her arm around Styn’s waist gently, giving her a worried glance. “I’ll be fine. I just need to sit down.”

Yuki got up, giving her sister’s shoulder a gentle squeeze before holding Adriyll’s hand, smiling at her. “I haven’t forgotten you. I need to take care of my sisters and talk with them for a while.. I’m sorry I’m ignoring you. Can you make it okay to where you’ve been staying or would you like me to take you back?”

Adriyll thought about it for a moment before letting go of Yuki’s hand and smiling. “I can make it back.”

“Are you sure?”

Adriyll nodded and gave her a smile before running off. Yuki watched her before turning and walking into the house, shutting the door gently.

------

“Jeremy!”Adriyll ran up to him, grinning even though he still ignored her. "I met Yuki's sisters today! And they're really nice, but one of them is sick, which made Yuki say that she was going to spend the day with them. But they're really nice and I think that they're helpers!" Adriyll said ecstatically, practically bouncing up and down as she told Jeremy.

“And?” Jeremy asked, not even looking up from his book. “What about it?”

“I just wanted to tell you.” She said, smiling as she skipped around her bed.

“Well, if that’s all you wanted to tell me, then why don’t you go back keep them company? I’m a bit busy here, if you haven’t noticed already.”

“Yuki said she wanted alone time with them.”

“Well, if that’s the case, why don’t you find the village doctor or something and ask about her sickness while Yuki’s with them. Surely you can find a way to help your new friends without having to tell me, right?”

“Umren said to always tell you where I’m going to be so I don’t get lost.”

“...I see. Well, now that you’ve told me, you can go now. And next time, it’s enough to just tell Yuki.”

With that, Adriyll smiled at Jeremy before happily skipping out of the room.

------

Jeremy’s words weren’t lost on Adriyll even as she ran around in happiness. Even though she was tripping occasionally due to her clumsiness, that wouldn’t stop her! She would definitely find the village doctor to help Yuki’s sister, her new friends!

It was as if she were caught in one of her happier dreams, and she skipped all the way to Umren’s home, though it was technically Yuki’s home as well, and knocked on the door with a grin plastered to her face. Umren opened the door, looking around before notiched Adriyll. A smiled blossomed on her face, and her eyes light up. "Hi Adriyll!"

“Hi Umren!” Adriyll lunged and hugged Umren tightly for a long second before looking up at her. “Is Styn better? Is Yuki okay? Do you need a doctor? Does Styn need a doctor?” The questions all flew out of her mouth before she could stop them, but continued to ask questions. “Where does the doctor live? What’s a doctor? Can I go inside?”

Umren only laughed, pushing her away gently. “No, not yet. Styn’s still sick, and Yuki needs to be by her side at all times while I go do the errands.” Umren reached down to give Adriyll’s hair a playful ruffle, watching as Adriyll’s grin got wider, which seemed impossible considering how wide it already was.

Suddenly, the door opened and Yuki came out, dark circles under her eyes, but nonetheless smiled at Adriyll. She was wearing a simple white long sleeved shirt and a pair of black trousers, similar to the ones that she wore when she was travelling with Adriyll and Jeremy. When Adriyll moved to hug Yuki, Yuki stepped back, shaking her head. "No, you can't hug me yet. I'm covered in tears and snot." Adriyll pulled a face, and cringed. "I know, disgusting, right?" Yuki said, laughing.

"Does Styn need to see the doctor?" Adriyll asked, inching closer to Umren. "I can go find the doctor.

The pair sucked in a breath in a synchronized moment, fear flashing on their faces. "Ah-- ah-- no-- no, it's okay!" Umren fumbled for words as one would fumble with a hot potato. "We'll-- we'll get through this!"

Adriyll raised an eyebrow, though not perfectly, imitating Yuki as Yuki returned it with her own eyebrow raising. Adriyll suddenly smiled, turning back the way she came. "Tell Styn that I hope she gets better!" She called over her shoulder, yet another habit that she had picked up from Yuki.

She had a doctor to find.

------
♠ ♠ ♠
So, after a while of inactivity, I give you chapters.

Enjoy.