Sequel: The City of Chance

From Russia...

Master Chef

Waking up in his arms again really wasn’t helping the fact that we would be leaving soon. I just wanted to stay here forever just us like this.

I played with the necklace that dangled from his neck before placing a soft kiss to his neck.

I watched as he gulped, his adams apple bobbing up and down before his lips smacked together and he mumbled my name.

“Wake up,” I whispered.
“Why?” he yawned.
My stomach rumbled and it was queue, I was hungry.

“Kitchen, food,” he wrapped his arms tighter around me.
“Well if you let me go I will find something,” I wriggled from his grasp.

I got up and caught myself in the mirror in the hallway. I guess I was pleased with what I saw. I wasn’t over the moon about my brown bed tossed hair, or my plain brown eyes but I didn’t always hate it. I guess having him appreciate me made me begin to see something else in myself.

I opened the fridge and wasn’t surprised when I saw all the left overs and half opened things. This was definitely a boys house and by the sounds of it more than one.

Someone appeared out of nowhere and kind of just stared as I stood in the kitchen drowning in one of Evgeni’s shirts he had given me to sleep in.

“Evgeni!” I called a little freaked out, “Evgeni!”
“What?” he came running out and broke into rapid Russian before the guy disappeared back down the hall.

“Who was that?” I put my hand to my chest as I tried to breathe again.
“Friend,” he walked over and wrapped his arms around me dropping a kiss to my neck.
“Well why didn’t you tell me you had other people here,” I turned around and whacked him, “I would have put something on.”
“Why?” he frowned dropping his hands to my waist and looked me up and down with a pleased expression, “like this.”
“Well I prefer,” I snuck my hand under his singlet and began to push it up revealing his firm stomach as we kissed.

“Excuse me,” a familiar voice echoed through the room.
I pulled back to see Dimitri looking rather unimpressed, “Ok I am going to get dressed,” I broke away and ran down the hall to the safety of Evgeni’s bedroom.

“Breakfast,” he walked in as I finished getting dressed, “café? No food in kitchen.”
“Sure, I am starving.”

We sat at small table enjoying our breakfast. I was trying to eat my pancakes while he stole my syrup making it hard to really like them but hey it was time with him so I didn’t care.

“Would you stop staring at me?”
“No,” he grabbed my hand, “more look, more remember,” he kissed my knuckles making goose bumps rise all over my skin.
“Stop it,” I felt my face flush red as he smiled.
“Never.”
“Don’t you have practice to go to?” I reminded pointing to his watch.
“Oh shit!” he scrambled shoveling the rest of his food in his mouth.

“Come my place dinner?” he stood up.
“Will Dimitri be there?”
“Sad yes, Dimitri and Vladimir, I cook.”
“You can cook?” I frowned.
“Da,” he narrowed his eyes at me, “7 tonight.”
“Ok cya,” he stole a kiss before disappearing.

I didn’t know what I wanted to do for the rest of the day but I guess spending some time with my friends was on the list of things to do.

We sat in the common room watching terribly English dubbed films because it was too much effort to go out. Everyone was tired and getting rather homesick but me I didn’t want to leave.

‘Evgeni wants to know if you want him to walk over and get you.’ my phone flashed with Dimitri’s name.
‘No I am ok, be there soon.’

I almost got lost trying to find it again but eventually I was welcomed by the warmth and smell of pasta filling all my senses.

“Hey,” he looked up from the stove with a hand towel draped over his shoulder.
“How do you know how to cook?” I frowned as he kissed my forehead.
“His mother came over one day and gave us a lesson, Zhenya is the worst though,” Dimitri butted in.
“Shut up,” Evgeni bit and ordered him around.

“You sit,” Evgeni walked me over to the table before I was joined by their friend Vladimir.
“Vlad doesn’t speak any English,” Dimitri said as he joined me easing the silence.
“Oh ok.”

Evgeni came over looking rather pleased with himself carrying a bowl of food.
“Smells good,” I smiled as he put it on the table.
“Is good, here,” he served me first, a simple but sweet gesture.

I waited until they were all ready before digging in.
“This is really good,” I approved of his creamy pasta.
“Glad like,” he nodded before we all fell into a comfortable silence.

Vladimir didn’t say much at all, even to Evgeni. Him and Dimitri seemed to get along so I just chalked it up to him being shy or something.

“I plan tomorrow,” Evgeni leaned over and whispered in my ear.
“Plan what?”
“Be together, surprise for you,” he kissed my lips.

What could Evgeni possible be surprising me with? It was my last night tomorrow and Dimitri had a cheeky smile on his face so I knew they were up to something, but maybe I had a plan of my own as to how I wanted to spend my last night here.