Status: on indefinite hiatus, I'm so sorry.

Mistaken.

The life in the Iero household was once one of peace, love and tranquility. That was, until a case of mistaken identity causes the life of young Frank's identical twin brother, Romeo, to come to an abrupt end. Frank knew he should've been the one in Romeo's place, and he can never forgive himself for not being the one to die.

The illusion of the perfect family life, now consisting of only him and his parents, literally shatters all around Frank as the proceeding events take place; first, the divorce of Mr and Mrs Iero, then Frank falling victim to a severe case of mutism, causing him to be placed into care.

Gerard Way has been in children's homes since before he can remember, not knowing the exact circumstances surrounding his placement into care, but he plans on finding out as soon as he turns 18, which happens to be in the following month.

When Frank first arrives at the children's home, with no more than the clothes on his back and a few personal possessions in his rucksack, he just wants to go back home, to be with the remaining members of his family, but that's no longer possible as one more tragedy strikes, right in the heart of his family life again.

Gerard is fascinated by the new boy who arrives just in time to be placed as his new roommate, fascinating him further when he realizes that Frank doesn't speak to anyone. At all. He tries to resist searching through Frank's possessions, including a photo album, and a journal, but his imagination is running wild with the possibilities of why the short, silent boy was placed into care in the first place.

Once Gerard finds out why, he tries to comfort Frank, and at first, Frank is resistant to his roommate's efforts, but soon realizes that he needs a friend to help him overcome his mutism and other tribulations that befall his life.