Status: Completely Rewritten!

All the Marks

Luke Moore

The heavy snow that had been falling earlier in the day was now falling only in small flurries. Even from the castle, Emily could see the quidditch pitch lit only by the torches floating around it. Emily grabbed Neville’s wrist, pulling him down the hallway.

“Hurry, Nev! They’ve already started.”

“Oh, bother, Emily. I’m sure we won’t miss much.” Neville nearly stumbled, not quite used to Emily’s quickened pace.

Emily pushed open the door, stepping out into the cold night. The air was still, but frigid. A few snowflakes fell softly around them, filling in their footprints as they made their way to the pitch. As they approached, the yells of the students got louder. Some were cheering, others were hollering in upset.

Emily climbed the stands, Neville following close behind her. To the left of the cheering Gryffindors, Emily spotted an opening and dragged Neville to it. Just as she took the spot next to Lavender, the students flew out of their seats, cheering as Dean threw the quaffle delicately through the hoop.

“We’re never going to hear the end of that one,” Neville laughed.

Emily and Neville watched as the team of Gryffindors scored point after point against the losing team of Ravenclaws. They ended the game early before either team had a chance to catch the snitch.

“I must admit, Harry would make an excellent Chaser,” Emily said, as she and Neville made their way through the crowd of cheering Gryffindors. They struggled to push through the students surrounding the winning players, but finally got away from the pitch.

As Neville and Emily approached the castle, a voice called behind them.

“Oi, Emily! Wait up.”

Ron jogged behind them, struggling to catch up with the pair.

“I was looking for you. I thought you were going to stay to congratulate me, but you took off pretty fast.”

Emily shook her head softly, “Oh, there were just so many people we figured we’d just catch up with you later.”

“Nonsense, I wouldn’t have asked if you were going if I didn’t want to see you there. Anyways, we’re all going back to the common room to celebrate, but I was hoping you’d go for a walk with me after.”

“A walk? Sure,” Emily said, letting a bit of her confusion out in her voice.

Ron smiled, “It’s not as creepy as it sounds. I’ve got something I want to show you.”

Emily nodded, “Just come find me when you’re done with your adoring fans.”

“Perfect,” Ron said, before turning around and heading back to the pitch.