Status: Completed!

A Chance

one and only

Jenna pulled the cup to her mouth, downing the coarse liquid. The alcohol burned as it traveled down her throat. The taste caused her to shudder, her lips turning up.

Liam laughed, “You’re terrible, Jen.”

“I’m sorry, Li,” Jenna said, taking a step closer to him, “not everyone can be a binge drinker like you.”
He glared at her and she laughed, placing her hand on his elbow.

“Come on,” she said, pulling him forward, “let’s go join the party.”

Liam followed the petite blonde as she stepped out of the empty kitchen, and down the hall. She danced as she walked, and Liam immediately knew she was getting buzzed.

The two entered the living room, where Liam’s band mates sat in a circle, along with various other party goers. Harry sat farthest away from the pair, a redhead girl at his side.

“Liam, Jenna,” Harry called, waving his hand at the pair. “Come join us.”

Jenna laughed and took the empty seat next to Louis, slightly leaning against him. Liam walked to the other side, and sat next to Harry’s redheaded friend.

From the other side of the circle, Niall spoke, “We’re going to play truth or dare. Since it was Zayn’s idea, he can go first.”

Zayn placed his hand on his chin, rubbing it gently.

“I’ve got it,” he said, “Miranda, I dare you to go to the neighbor’s house and ask to borrow some sugar.”
Jenna laughed. “Zayn, that’s a terrible dare!”

The rest of the circle nodded, each of them with a different questionable look on their face. Zayn pouted, giving the group a sad look.

Miranda placed her hand on his arm, turning towards him. “It’s okay, Zayn. I thought it was an excellent dare.”

She leaned over and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, causing him to smile.

Zayn turned to Jenna. “If you think my dare is so bad, you can go first.”

Jenna smiled at him. “Okay, I will.”

After taking a moment to think, she stood up, and walked to where Harry sat. She leaned over and placed her mouth to Harry’s ear, speaking as soft as she could.

The group fell silent, attempting to hear what Jenna was telling Harry. Liam even leaned closer to the pair, but couldn’t hear what she had said.

When Jenna was done speaking, Harry had a large grin plastered on his face. He stood up with her, and she dragged him out of the room. The whispers began immediately after the pair left.

“Are they going off to shag?” Niall asked, his eyes wide.

The redhead spoke next. “That should be against the rules or something. You can’t just dare someone to shag you.”

Liam started to listen to the gossiping group, but immediately tuned them out, unable to listen to what they were saying. His body began to heat up, in anger, jealousy, envy, and a thousand other emotions he couldn’t place.

“That’s it,” the redhead said, “I’m going to see what they’re doing.”

The girl stood up quickly, looking down at the group.

“I’ll go with you,” Liam said, standing up next to her.

He followed the redhead out of the living room, and through the hallway Harry and Jenna had just walked down.

Even from the hallway, Liam could hear Harry’s laughing and Jenna’s giggling. The redhead girl tiptoed forward, until she was just a few feet away from the opening of the kitchen. Liam kept following her, attempting to be as quiet as she was.

When they reached the kitchen, the redhead girl poked her head around the corner, then quickly whipped it back around. She turned to Liam, a blank look on her face.

“What are they doing?” Liam asked.

The girl tilted her head to the side, shrugging. “I’m not sure.”

Liam pushed the girl gently out of the way. He poked his head into the kitchen, like she had done before, but found that it was empty. He turned back to the girl, then grabbed her hand, pulling her into the kitchen.

“They’re not here,” he said, holding out his arms.

The girl looked around. “They just were, I swear.”

Liam circled around the room, but didn’t find Harry or Jenna hiding in any of the corners. He looked out the window to see if they had gone in the backyard, but it was empty.

“What are you doing?” Jenna’s voice called, from the other side of the room.

Liam jumped, spinning around quickly. His heart raced in his chest, and he placed his hand against it.

“Jenna, you scared me,” Liam said, stepping away from the window.

The redhead stood next to him, a shocked look on her face.

“Are you spying on me?” Jenna asked, moving closer to Liam.

Liam shook his head furiously. “No, of course not.”

Jenna placed her hands on her hips, tilting her head to the side. “Li, I know when you’re lying.”

Next to Liam, the redhead spoke. “What were you two doing? We’re supposed to be playing truth or dare, not shagging in the kitchen.”

“Calm down, Raggedy Anne,” Jenna said, “I’ve still got my clothes on, and so does Harry.”

From the hallway, Harry poked his head into the kitchen. “Jenna, come one.”

Jenna turned to Harry, smiling, then turned back to Liam. “We’ll be right back.”

She turned away and began following Harry out of the kitchen.

“Jen, wait,” Liam said, taking a step forward.

Jenna turned to him, a small grin on her face. “We’ll be right back, Li. I swear.”

The blonde turned away again, and followed behind Harry. Liam sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets. He turned back to the redhead, who had her head cocked in confusion.

Liam sighed again. “I guess they’ll be back.”

He turned away from the girl and headed back into the living room, where the group still sat in a circle. It appeared as though they had been continuing with the game.

Niall was currently doing a hand stand and counting backwards, while Zayn and Louis threw pillows at him. The girls were laughing wildly, watching Niall attempt to keep his balance.

Liam sat on the sofa and watched along with the girls. He couldn’t help but laugh when Louis hit Niall directly in the face.

As Liam listened to Niall count closer and closer to zero, he tried to focus on his friend’s balancing trick, but he couldn’t keep his mind off of Jenna, who was now off somewhere with Harry.

The redhead entered the room a few moments later, taking a seat next to Liam. The girl appeared to be just as worried as Liam was.

On the other side of the room, Jenna turned the corner, with Harry following behind her. The pair entered the living room, and as they did, the group turned to them, except Niall, of course.

“Li,” Jenna said, holding up a set of keys. “Harry and I are going to borrow your car. We’re gonna run to my place really fast to grab a few things.”

Liam’s eyes went wide in shock. “What? What do you need?”

“Just stuff,” Jenna said, as she moved towards the door. “We’ll be back in about an hour.”

Liam stood up, following after her. “You’re not taking my car, Jenna. This is getting ridiculous, and you both have been drinking.”

Jenna ignored Liam and raced for the door, stepping out of the house before he could catch up to her. Liam quickened his pace, in an attempt to keep up with the girl.

“Jenna, give me my keys.”

Liam reached his hands out to Jenna, wrapping them around her waist. After a large amount of fumbling, he was able to pull the keys out of her hands. She spun around to face him. Her lip quivered as she attempted to stifle her laughter.

“Fine, Li,” Jenna said, folding her arms across her chest, “if you won’t let me drive, then you can drive us. Go on, get in your car.”

Liam glared at her and shoved his hands into his pockets, “I’m not going to drive you back to your place so you can shag my mate while I wait in the car. It’s not going to happen.”

Jenna wrapped her hand around Liam’s arm, dragging him to the place his car was parked, towards the back of the driveway.

“Knock it off,” Liam said, pulling his arm away from her.

Jenna threw her arms in the air, stomping her feet as she walked towards his car. “God, Liam you ruin everything. Can you please just get in the car?”

Following after her, Liam matched her stomps as he trailed down the driveway. He caught up to her and placed his hand on her shoulder, but she kept walking.

When Liam finally reached her again, he forced her to look at him by placing his hands on her waist and spinning her around. He looked from Jenna, to his car, and for the first time, he noticed the egg shells and yolks that covered his car. He let go of Jenna immediately and charged over to his car.

“Who would do this?” he yelled, throwing his hands in the air.

Jenna began giggling immediately. She buckled over with the sniggers her body could not contain. In between her breathtaking laughter, she managed to spit out a few words.

“Haz did it,” she said, taking deep breaths. “I dared him to.”

Liam turned to her, his eyes squinting in a very pointed glare.

Jenna laughed again. “That’s why we were in the kitchen. That’s what we’ve been doing.”

She took a deep breath, controlling her laughter, and took a few steps towards Liam.

When she was just a few feet away, she spoke again. This time her voice was soft and slow.

“We weren’t off shagging, Li. Haz and I would never do that to you. You should know that.”

Liam took a deep breath and placed his hands back in his pocket. He looked from Jenna, to the eggs that were splattered all over his car.

Jenna smiled, taking a few steps closer to him. When he was just an arms distance away, Jenna leaned forward, and Liam wrapped his arms around her, pulling her against his chest. They stayed like that for a moment, while Jenna continued to laugh.

“I hate you,” Liam said, smiling.

From the house, Harry called to the pair. “Wasn’t that an egg-citing prank?”

Liam pulled away from Jenna, giving her the same strange look that she gave him.

“But I hate him more,” Liam said, before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss against her lips.