Status: :) R&R and I love you.

Abused

Twelve

"So, have you had any paranormal experiences in this hallway?" Zak is using his 'TV voice' again. It's like another personality, so confident and professional. The Zak I know outside Ghost Adventures is a whole different Zak. But, well.. I think many people have like another personality they use when they go to work. It wouldn't really work out if businessmen were just chilling in the office like they probably are at home. I realise that I must be bored, because my thoughts are something really weird, again.

I just stare at the tiny computer screen that seems to work just fine. I can see Zak, interviewing an eyewitness in the hallway of this house. It's a pretty dark and scary hallway. Right away when we arrived, someone mentioned that we would get in trouble in that hallway. And by we I mean Zak, Nick and Aaron, because I am not placing a foot inside that creepy house.

I am just sitting in the nerve centre, all alone this time because Billy had something to do and he is not with us here. Luckily he taught me last time all I needed to know to set up their equipment for them. Right now we are testing the audio while Nick and Zak are doing some interviews. They are trying to find out about the scary shit that has taken place here. Especially in this one hallway. Aaron is filming the house from the outside and planning our x-cams.

We haven't set any X-cams yet, because we still have enough time to set some of them tomorrow. We'll return first thing in the morning. I take a quick look at the clock- It's soon 5:30 pm. We have been here for good three hours. I just stare at the screen and notice that Nick and Zak are finishing with this day's interviews. "Hey Nad", I hear Nick's voice trough the earbuds I'm wearing. "Yeah?" I say and try to spot him in the screen. He is running down the stairs. "Wanna bring us one more cam in here?" he asks- I hesitate a bit. I didn't plan going inside that house. But, it's part of my job so I rise and jog to the table which is near the opposite wall. I grab two cameras and place them on my shoulders carefully. Then I head in the house.

The yard is pretty old and looks messy. There are wild plants everywhere and what once used to be grass is now just some wild flowers and moss. There are yellow areas, which tell that the sun burns the ground during the summer. There's some sand in front of the house. Looks like there used to be some garden furniture, but right now there are pieces of old wood laying on the sand.

There are three steps before a large patio. It looks very old, the paint of the walls looks pretty peeled and there are large pieces of it on the floor. No wonder, this house has been abandoned for some good 30 years.

I open the door and step inside. The house looks clean in the inside. Like someone left it in a hurry and had just cleaned up the place. And, actually they did. This used to be a normal house. A big family lived in here in the early 20th century. They were happy and rich. There were two parents and five children. But the story did not end very happily. One day when the mum of the family was visiting her friend in town, something horrible happened. When she returned, she found her husband and five children, all stabbed to death. The story goes that right after this the mum took her own life by hanging in the attic. Not the happiest family history.

It's an unsolved mystery. Nobody knows if actually the dad killed all of these kids and then committed a suicide by stabbing himself in the chest or if this was all done by a random outsider. Also, some people say that it was the mum, who just pretended to go in town, and then hung herself after killing the whole family. But it seems so weird, I mean.. Why would someone do that?

Zak chose this place because he though that this would be a paranormal hot spot, because of the dark past. Actually, good forty years ago an old couple bought this house. They repaired the building and planned on using this as their summer apartment. But soon they found out that it was not what they had expected. They left the house and never came back. Zak wanted to interview them, but they refused. However, we managed to find some of their friends and repairmen who were willing to tell us their experiences on TV.

There are various claims of poltergeist and shadow figures. They showed us two pretty impressive photos. In one of them, there was just this dark mass, hovering in the window. Like literally IN the window. In the second picture, there was one of the repairmen and behind him in a mirror, there was a face of a young child. It was taken upstairs, so they told us that we would probably meet those dark shadow figures. Zak assumed that these ghosts wouldn't be evil, just curious.

I step in the hallway. Walls are painted black wood and the floor is old and creaky. There are very little windows and like two or three of them, so it's very dark. I decide to grab a flashlight from my pocket. "Nick!" I shout and soon hear footsteps from the stairs. I walk towards them and expect to see Nick soon. "Nick, hey wanna lend a hand with these?" I shout again. Damn. Is he deaf? I jog at the stairs, but find absolutely nobody. Just an old and empty staircase. And it looks dark and uninviting in here as well.

I hear a couple more muffled bangs from upstairs. "Nick? You there?" Nick doesn't respond, so I assume that it's not Nick. "Zak? Aaron? Anybody?" I receive no answer. My heart beats hard against my chest. "Zak?" I can't help a scared whine that escapes from my closed lips.

"Hey, Nad, sorry I was outside!" I hear Nick's voice and sigh in relief. "Nick?" I ask and almost run at him. I hand over both of the cameras. "Nick, where's Zak? Where's Zak?" I ask in panic. He looks at me, slightly concerned. He places his hand on my shoulder. "You okay?" He asks gently. "Where's Zak?" I ask again, a bit annoyed. I need to know that he's upstairs. I NEED to know that I did NOT just meet one of the dead children who are said to walk around in here. "He's outside with Aaron", he says and lets his hand fall from my shoulder. "Oh god", I whisper and back up against the wall. "You sure you're okay?" He asks and takes a step closer. No. I need Zak. "This place makes me sick", I manage to mumble and rush immediately outside.

**
What a day, really! I stare at the veggie pizza on my plate. I am back on the same diet with Zak, Nick and Aaron. Only junk food during lockdowns. I grin and look at Aaron, who is eating his giant pepperoni cheese pizza. "Hey, anyone.. Have you seen my phone?" He asks and I chuckle. "Why'd you need it now?" I ask. I am really just curious, I want to hear his explanation for this one. "Because.. I'm hungry and I wanna eat", he says and just shrugs, feeling his pockets. Zak laughs. "How will that help you eat?" He asks and I smirk. Aaron just rolls his eyes. "Really, guys. I think I lost my phone!" He whines and stands up. "Gonna check my own room", he mutters and heads outside.

Right now, it's about 11pm. We are in our (my and Zak's) room, eating pizza and some muffins we got from the cafe downstairs. I am probably going to gain lots of weight, if we eat like this before each lockdown. Hell, how can Zak be that fit if he eats like this? Oh, right, he goes to gym like every fucking day. I roll my eyes.

"Guys.. I think I'll head to my own room to get some sleep", Nick just says, yawns lazily and gets up. "Yeah, sure.." Zak mumbles. "I'll see you guys first thing in the morning", he says and takes his pizza box with him. He walks towards the door and I soon hear the door shut. The sound of his footsteps causes me to shiver and I lean unconsciously closer to Zak. I really freaked out a little bit (okay, pretty much) during the day when I heard some fucking scary unexplained footsteps all over the place. They weren't the only ones. When I ran at Zak and almost knocked him over, he went back inside with a digital recorder and managed to capture some of those footsteps. What gave me chills was the fact that Zak thought they sounded like children's footsteps. They are not very loud and the time between each footstep is short. If it was an adult, he would be running, but the sound would be much much louder.

"Nad, you okay?" Zak asks and cups my face with his hand. I press my cheek against his comforting hand and sigh. "Yeah, just a bit upset after.. you know.. I'm not used to this like you guys.. not yet", I mumble and close my eyes. "Hey, s'okay, Nad", he whispers and leans closer. I open my eyes and see his perfect face only inches from mine. I feel another shiver that goes trough my body when I think about today. "Tomorrow's gonna be hell of a lockdown", I whisper quietly and he just chuckles lightly. "Yeah, a hell of a lockdown", he repeats and rises, his hand never leaving my face. "Wanna go to sleep, Nad?" He asks and gently wraps his free hand around my waist. I try to say yes, but all I really manage to do is a nod. Small electric shocks go trough my waist, right where his warm hand is now. I place my own hand on top of his and smile.

I sit on the edge of the large bed and lay down. May be that I just ate pizza wearing my sweatpants and the top I use for sleeping, because I don't care about my looks anymore in front of these guys. Why should I? I am together with Zak, and it doesn't bother him.. Aaron is like my brother, so it surely doesn't bother him either. Nor Nick. Why should it bother me, then?

I feel the bed dip slightly as Zak lays down next to me. He places his head on the pillow and reaches out his hand to pick my hand in his own. His hand feels big, and strong in mine. He entwines our fingers and with his free hand brings me close to his chest. For a time that feels like forever we just lay there, listening to our racing hearts. Then, I get impatient and place my free hand on his neck and pull him closer to me for a gentle kiss. But with Zak, for some reason "a gentle kiss" ends up being pretty rough. I just smirk and close my eyes when I feel his soft lips against mine. He kisses me passionately and I let him take control of the kiss. Needless to say, he is much better kisser than I am. Which is probably because I have only dated one guy before him and.. Nadine, you are kissing a super hot guy, how can you even think about something else than him right now?

His hand explores on my waist and I shiver under his touch. He smirks and his hand gently caresses over my stomach. I close my eyes and slide my hand down his neck to his muscular back. I crawl closer to him and press my nose against his. It's not the same thing as kissing him, but for some reason I just want to do this. My eyes flicker slowly open and I am greeted by two dark, blue orbs. I can see my reflection in his eyes. But I can see other things, too. I can see love. I smile and press my lips against his. It's not exactly a kiss, but.. I can hear his heart, beating wildly against his chest. Mine does, too. He makes even my heart go crazy. Damn.

His hand moves to play with the strap of my sweatpants and he grins. I gasp silently and nuzzle my forehead against his shoulder. I can feel his collarbone under my cheek. He teasingly plays with the strap and whispers: "Want to sleep with or without your sweatpants?" Damn, he makes it sound so dirty. I breathe against his shoulder and he pulls the strap. Then he just moves to get rid of my sweatpants. I do have my pyjama shorts under them, but still.

I help him by kicking my sweatpants somewhere on the floor. Then I crawl close to him again. His chest is only inches away from mine. His hand returns on my waist and wanders down my thigh, behind my knee. He gently pulls my leg over his waist. My heart beats madly. I have not been in this position too many times, really. And never with Zak Bagans under me.

He just kisses me very gently once before rolling over to get in the bathroom. I just sigh, secretly wishing that we had gone further than that. But there is a tiny bit of fear and a tiny bit of excitement.
Once I hear the bathroom door shut, I just close my eyes and lay on the bed, thinking about tomorrow. But hell, I am distracted by the memory of his lips against mine. Or bodies against each other. And how we just laid there, so close to each other in silence.