Status: :) R&R and I love you.

Abused

Two

Later that evening I receive an important phone call, telling that I have been chosen for the job. I have to pinch myself just to make sure that I am not dreaming. I am speaking with the same secretary, who I met earlier today before the job interview. "I will give the phone to Mr. Goodwin now." I nod, and then mentally slap myself. She can't SEE you trough the phone.. "Yes, thank you."

Soon I hear Aaron's name being shout out loud and I hear a faint "Yeah, comin'". Then I hear a loud snort and Aaron's voice. "SO, congrats for being chosen, Nad." I laugh at the nickname. "Thanks." Then it gets silent for a few moments. "Zak's gonna send you a letter about some details.." It makes me smile. I actually got this job. And I have no idea, what are they going to pay me, actually. But I don't really even care anymore. "Yeah, thanks." Aaron sounds excited. But so do I. And I am actually very happy to have this opportunity. I would like to say it to him, but Aaron'd surely think it's too formal.

"So, you're gonna join us for the first lockdown?" I shrug my shoulders. Nadine, you have to stop doing this dumb stuff on phone, at least when no one can see it.. "I don't know. Am I supposed to?" I hear Aaron laugh a bit. Then he just says: "Hang on a bit, kay?" I mumble a quick 'yeah', but I soon hear the phone being given to someone.

"Hi, it's Zak here." I almost drop the phone. I should stop that, too. I laugh nervously. "Hi, Zak." I hear muffled voices of Aaron and Nick on the back round. "So, if you'd like to, you could join us for the lockdown. We could use an extra pair of hands.. If it's possible for you to start with such a short notice, miss..." It makes me smile widely. "No, it's not a problem. I'd love to join you for the lockdown. And please, just call me Nadine.. Or Nad if you like." I hear more of Aaron's voice. "HI NAD!!" I hear him scream, causing me to laugh. Aaron gets a 'shut up' from Zak. I giggle like a small child. "So, we'll pick you up. And you don't have to pay for anything. Travel Channel will pay for your hotel and flights. And your meals." Oh geez. Flight. I hate flying. I am afraid of heights. It's a real phobia. When I was younger my dad once punished me by locking me in a balcony on second floor. Soon it started to rain, and because I was young and wild, I tried to climb down an old ladder. But, unfortunately it broke down and I fell on the ground. And it hurt. My back hurt for weeks. And my left hand was badly damaged. Not my best moments..

"Umm.. Zak.." I hear a kind of bang and Aaron yell 'ouch!'. I roll my eyes and grin. "When are we goign to leave?" I hope I can at least sleep well.. Because now I have one thing less to worry about. And I am sure I could use a good sleep. "Oh, I forgot to tell? The flight leaves at 9:25 pm." I probably look pretty surprised, if not even shocked. "You mean.. like today?" "Yeah, today.. We'll pick you up.." I feel like running and getting ready right away. I take a look at the clock on the wall. I only have an hour or two! "By the way, where are we going?" I hope someplace warm. "In Washington." Nuu-uh, isn't it cold there? "Okay.." I hear Aaron shout 'LOVE YOU NAD!!' and then I hear him say 'Ouch, Nick, that HURT'. I can't help rolling my eyes once again. Aaron is like a big child. And I know already that I'll really like him.

"Kay.. Guess I'll see you later.. We'll pick you up around 7:30, so get ready." I already make a map in my head. I know exactly what I should take with me, and I'll also have to find a bag. And I have to find a few other things I'll need for the trip. "Yeah. See you at 7:30, then." After the call I place my phone on the table. I am not sure if I should run and panic or take it all easy. The second option might be better, but I run in my bedroom.

It still feels pretty weird that I actually got the job. It feels like a miracle. I could only worry about it for a bit less than two days and already found a job.

I open my closet and start throwing clothes in the first bag I find. I take two jeans and comfortable sweat pants. I also grab a few shirts, shorts for sleeping, a couple of tops and my underwear. Then I look for some clean socks and throw them in the bag as well. I run in the bathroom and grab my toothbrush and a small bottle of shampoo. This'd have to do. I close the zipper of my bag and run in the kitchen only to notice that the clock is 7:23.

I decide to drink a cup of water, because my mouth feels dry. Probably due to nervousness. I cough. Then I walk at the sink and reach for a clean cup right next to it when I notice small, sharp pieces of something in the sink. Oh, damn.. I really broke a tea cup in the morning. I don't think at all and just reach for them with my bare hand. And right when I happily throw them in the thrash can I feel one of them cut me. "Ouch ouch ouch.." I look at the cut and see some clear, red liquid in my hand. Eeeew. I grab a piece of paper and wrap it around my wrist. This would do for the while I am looking for something to put in it.

I notice that I don't have anything at all to put in it. I just decide to leave the paper there and walk outside, because it's already past half.. I just make sure I have everything I need. I grab my phone and put it in my purse. Then I check that I have my keys in my pocket and I march outside carrying the giant bag. I assumed we would spend there a few days, and I actually look forward to it. Even though I don't know Zak, Nick or Aaron, they all seem very friendly and I feel like I had known them forever. Especially Aaron, who is exactly the type of a brother I have always wanted. But I am the only child.

I close the door behind me and soon I see a pretty large and new van. It's white and looks very clean. Men and their car obsessions..

I step closer when the van slowly stops. Nick opens the door and jumps outside. "Hey!" He smiles at me. I return the smile a bit shyly and greet him back. I take my bag and he tells me to sit at the back with Zak. "Yeah, sure.." I don't mind at all.. I open the door and get on the back. I throw my bag inside and get comfortable.

I lean my head against the door and Nick starts driving. I am glad that I am allowed to sleep for 15 or 20 minutes. All I have slept during the last 24 hours. I yawn. "Tired?" Zak suddenly asks. I yawn again and then he grins. "Yeah." I answer shortly. "Party hard last night?" He asks. If he only knew.. "Nah. Just couldn't sleep." He nods and then shuts up, probably allowing me to close my eyes for a moment.

It all seems like too soon when I feel the van stop. "We're here. Get your stuff, guys!" Nick shouts and opens the door. I yawn again. "Nuuu-uh.. I want to sleep", I say. I hear Aaron open my door. "Get up Nad, you lazy bum!" He takes my hand and literally pulls me out of the van. "You've got time to sleep in the airplane." I nod and hope that I actually can sleep. Nick takes my bag and gives it to me. I throw it on my back follow them.

Zak walks right next to me. He doesn't really say anything, but he doesn't seem as annoyed as earlier today. He just seems tired like me. Maybe he is a nice guy, after all.. I try to calm myself down when we walk inside a large building that says "Departures".

"Come on, Nad! This is gonna be fun!" Aaron laughs excitedly. I doubt the word "fun".

**
I take my purse and put my hoodie back on. I fucking hate security controls. And passport controls.
Okay, it might have something to do with the fact that I hate flying. I hate it. I notice Nick standing nearby. He is putting is belt back on. I decide to go talk to him, while Zak's stuck in the line of the passport control. It's his own fault, though. He HAD to fix his hair before entering the tax free area.
I roll my eyes at the thought.

"Hi", Nick says when he notices me standing nearby. I probably look like a lost puppy or something. I nod at him and smile. "Where's Zak?" he asks, trying to make some conversation with me. I am really nervous about flying, and it feels like my stomach is full of stones. "Stuck." I answer and grin. I can only I imagine Zak's face. I am sure he's cursing right now. Nick grins as well. "Where's Aaron?" Nick looks around. "That's a good question", he answers and looks around, trying to peek over people's heads.

After a minute or so, Zak comes carrying his bag. He looks somewhat exhausted and annoyed, but the most important thing is that his hair looks perfect. I roll my eyes, once again. Zak can be such a diva sometimes, he probably uses more hair products that I ever have!

Zak greets us and smiles warmly. I return the smile and feel more comfortable about Zak. He doesn't treat me.. the way he did when we first met. At least not now. We try to look around for Aaron, but he seems to be lost somewhere in the crowd. "Dude, I think we lost Aaron", Zak says and Nick laughs. I take a good look around, and soon I notice Aaron in a shop, with a stranger.

"He's just about there", I say and point at the store. "Oh, yeah.. There he is, with Billy." Nick runs towards those two and waves at them. I soon hear talking and laughing from a distance. I silently curse Nick for leaving me alone with Zak, because the atmosphere is really awkward, again. Just when I thought things were better between us two.

"Are you okay?" Zak suddenly asks, awakening me from my thoughts. Which is a good thing, because I have such a weird imagination. I look at him and smile "Yeah, sure.. I was gonna ask you the same thing!" He laughs with me, his beautiful eyes shining.. well.. beautifully. They are so perfect blue. Not like ice, not cold at all. More like water. So pure and very deep. It's like I could see his soul, or something. "You just seem so quiet.. And I just wanted to make sure..", he says with his perfect smile. Nadine, stop it. He is your BOSS. "Yeah.. It's just.. I'm a bit.." Just when I am about to tell him that I am deadly afraid of flying, Aaron and that stranger come to us, Nick jogging behind them with a small plastic bag in his hands.

"HI NAD!" Aaron screams and runs at me. I giggle and immediately run at him without hesitation. He hugs me tightly. "Ngggh, trying to choke me?" I ask and he snorts. "Maybe!" He then lets go of me and grins. "Nad, this is Billy." I smile at the stranger. He looks around the same age as Aaron. He is about the same height, too. He has quite dark hair and dark eyes. He is wearing a black T-shirt. "Nice to meet you", I say, trying to be polite, even though Aaron is nearby. He somehow manages to make me forget all my manners.

Billy seems a bit more shy, or very polite. "And, this is our newest bestie NAD", Aaron shouts out loud and then chuckles. Billy grins as well. "Nice to meet you, NAD", he says.

It must be weird for them. They seem to be an all male team.. And well. I seem to be the only girl. I am used to being around men, because I was raised by my dad. But he also gave me lots of reasons to be afraid of men. But like the rest of the group, Billy seems to be very nice, and I feel myself comfortable around them.

The clock is only 8:20, and we decide to get something to drink. We wander in the airport, until we find a nice cafe. There is a giant glass window and I can see at least six airplanes right in front of the building we're in.

"And Nad, what'd you like?" I blink a few times in confusion, when I realise that someone just asked me something. "Oh.. I'd like a water.." I manage to mumble. I try to open my purse to look for some money, but Zak simply looks at me and smiles. "These are on me." I decide not to argue about it now. I just make sure that I'll make it up somehow, someday. I follow them and we sit down near the window. I can see a pretty small, white airplane with A and A on it. Eeeeeeek.

I sit next to Aaron, the water untouched in front of me. I really don't feel like drinking anything before flying. I haven't said a word ever since I sat here. I just sit and wait for my death. Literally. I am afraid that the airplane will crash and we will die. As simple as that.

"Passengers for American Airlines flight AA6025, please go to gate 28A.. The aircraft is ready to start boarding." I eep inside my head. Oh god, here we go.

I stand up and quietly follow Nick, Zak, Aaron and Billy behind them. My heart beat must be 300 times per minute. I feel how my hands sweat and my stomach is still full of stones. My head feels heavy. But there is no escaping. I must have gone trough a lot worse than flying. And it's said that the safest way to travel.. is in the air.I sigh and follow them to the gate.

Too soon we arrive to the gate. Zak hands out something to me. I expect it to be my ticket. I don't bother to read it. "Nad, you all okay?" Aaron asks and punches me in the shoulder. I smile a bit and then say: "Yeah, just a bit tired.." He nods and grins. Zak looks over. "Let's go? Nad, you can sleep a couple of hours in the plane.." I nod and follow them.

I yelp as I see the doorway. It says '28A' in a sign above it. You can do this, Nadine. . I follow right behind Zak, and try to focus on being natural. I don't want anyone to notice how afraid I am. I give my ticket to the woman behind a desk that says 'AA' She gives me a piece of the ticket. I take it and squeeze it in my hand. She smiles at me. "Have a pleasant flight." I sure hope so.. But I doubt the word 'pleasant'. I squeeze my eyes shut for a moment before following behind Zak down the stairs.