Status: :) R&R and I love you.

Abused

Three

"So, who sits and where?" I mumble, and look for the piece of my ticket I have left. I hate this so much already. The airplane is small, not a boeing or anything. It's an Airbus 320. I checked it before I stepped inside. I hate small planes even more than the big ones. Because if you fly with a small plane, even wind can rock the whole plane and.. Eep.

"Aaron and Billy, Nick, Nad and me", Zak says and steps closer to seats 18 ABC. Aaron nods and punches Zak playfully in the shoulder. He then throws one of his bags under the seat in front of him and sits on the place 17 A. "I've got the window!" He screams like a kid and shows his tongue to Billy, who cant help rolling his eyes and bursting out laughing. I notice Zak and Nick are both staring at me.

"What?" I ask and grin. "Gonna take the window?" Nick asks and motions his hands towards the seat. "No way, dude!" I mentally, once again, kick my self for saying it out loud. Nadine, you should THINK before you SAY anything. Nick looks at Zak, who steps aside, allowing Nick to get into the seat next to the window. I end up sitting in between those two. Awkward. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zak fix his hair in the airplane as well..

I throw my purse under the seat in front of me. I turn off my phone. Goodbye phone, it was nice to know you. I am still sure that we are all going to die. I sigh and sit back, hoping that the plane will land soon. Yes, even though we are not in the air yet.

I see a young stewardess walk towards the small phone-like thing on the wall. "Cabin Crew, take your door positions. Boarding completed." I scream inside my head. No. Noooooooooo. Breath Nadine, breath. How can you be so afraid of flying? There should be nothing scary about flying HIGH IN THE AIR. I feel dizzy already. My head is spinning. Relax Nadine, you've gone trough worse than this. There is no sea where you could drown if you fell. Oh right, thanks mind. I end up sighing loudly and throwing my head against the seat.

I squeeze my eyes closed and wait. I feel the airplane move a bit forward. Then faster. I almost jump in the air when I hear a voice. "Hello, and welcome aboard. Please sit back and relax, and turn your attention into one of the monitors." The annoying female voice sounds like a fucking robot and it makes me feel even more uncomfortable. The robotic voice disappears in the back round when I hear the sound of the plane turning on it's turbines. I feel how the plane goes faster. Here we go. We are going to DIE. I squeeze the armrests in my hands. My fists start to ache. It probably looks funny, but because it makes me feel better, I don't give a f*ck.

I hear a loud sound and feel my heart beat a million times faster, once again. Then, suddenly the plane goes faster and I see the ending of the runway. Oh my god. I stare at the seat in front of me. 'Please keep your seat belt fastened'. As if I could open it. I read it over and over, when I feel the plane rise above the ground. I yelp inside my head.

My head feels heavy and my ears are blocked. Literally. I can't hear anything. It causes me to panic even more. I can relax a bit only after a minute or two when the plane is reaching it's flying altitude and I can see white clouds all around us.

I squeeze my eyes shut once again and this time I pretend to be sleeping. I hear quiet conversation between Zak and Aaron. Nick is probably either sleeping or staring outside the window. I soon relax enough to feel tired and fall slowly asleep.

'You idiot!' I hear an angry voice. I look confused. What have I done? 'You broke a glass in the kitchen on purpose, didn't you?' I look at my dad in confusion and shake my head. 'No, I.. I haven't been...' I try to say that I haven't been in the kitchen today. 'Don't you lie to me, you filthy child, you little demon!' My dad grabs me roughly in the arm. I scream and can already see a bruise in my arm. He won't let go until we are outside in the balcony. He pushes me on the balcony and backs up towards the door. 'You stay here and think about what you have done.' I try to say that I haven't done anything, but he goes back inside and I hear a small click. The door is locked.
I immediately start crying. 'Please, let me inside! Please, I haven't done anything, I swear!' I run at the door and start banging it. I notice my dad's silhouette somewhere near the bedroom. 'Please..'
After a minute or two I give up and sit down. I cover my face with my hands and cry hard. Life is so unfair. THIS is so unfair. 'Dad, please, don't..' I still beg, even though he can't hear me anymore. He is probably watching TV somewhere inside.


After a couple of hours I feel very hungry. It's very cold outside and my body shivers. It's also raining. My T-shirt is wet. I stand up. My legs feel sore after sitting on them for hours. I notice old ladder nearby. Could I climb down that? I walk closer and decide that it looks strong enough. I climb over the railing and grab the ladder with my hands. I slowly put my right foot on one of the steps. It feels very slippery. Just when I let go of the railing to place my another foot on the ladder I hear a loud bang. Then I see something green near my eyes and feel horrible pain. My whole body is hurt. Especially my left foot. I start crying again, this time for pain. I hear the door open and see my dad step outside. He looks very violent. He has this mad gaze. He looks very angry. 'Please, don't hurt me more..' I hear myself beg and then everything gets black. 'Please..' I hear my voice in the darkness.

Someone shakes my shoulder very gently. "Nadine, open your eyes. Nadine.." I know this voice. And it's not my dad's. I blink a few times in confusion as I notice a concerned Zak. I burst out crying hysterically. I feel the plane tremble and that causes me to sob. "Nadine, what is it?" I look in his eyes and see that he is concerned. I must've spoken in my sleep. I don't think and just grab a fistful of his shirt and hide a sob. He rubs my back gently with his hand. "Shh, Nad, s'okay.. s'okay.. Just tell me what's wrong.."