Hiker's Tale

Chapter 2

The dry dust flew into the air as the fast spinning wheels of Andy's Jeep swept over the ground. Trevor, who was still hyped up about the scenery he'd been waiting to see, sat nervously in the back, knee bouncing. Finally, they arrived back home to their beautiful cabin. Of course, Tricia was sitting at the door step waiting, quite frantically.

"You guys took awhile..." She said, looking a bit angry at Andy. Andy shrugged and smiled brightly, beckoning for Trevor to hop out.

"We can get the bags, mom." Andy said, mostly speaking for Trevor, since Trevor mostly knew Tricia as mom. Andy, hoping Tricia wouldn't see the presents, immediately grabbed the bags out and hand 12 or so to Trevor. "Do you got it?" Andy asked.

"Yup..." Trev said, trying to impress Andy for being tough and strong just like him. Struggling to keep the items in the bags, Trevor carried them all the way to the cabin where he plopped them all down.

"What'd you get? Anything we already have and don't need?" Andy began to say no, but Tricia put her finger up to hush him and talked over him, "I know you, Andrew. Don't think I don't know.." Andy shook his head, not really knowing what else to say. "Andrew, we don't need more gear, we've got plenty already."

"But, this is the most special occasion EVER! We need the perfect gear and-and-" Andy got excited and began to do hand motions and jump up, "And the perfect time and perfect amount of food an--" Tricia shook her head and closed her eyes.

"OKAY..Okay..Fine.." She opened her eyes and frowned. But just as soon as she was angry she became happy, because seeing Andy's smile always made everything for her better.

After everything was prepared, and everyone was in the car, the excitement built to its highest.

"Everyone buckled?" Andy called to everyone, including Little Dog. Little Dog was Andy's new dog that went everywhere with them. He was a very friendly dog, but it took a while for him to get used to people. Everyone nodded and with that, they were off.