Status: one chapter at a time...

When I'm Down~

Chapter 2~

A gust of cold air hit my thin frame; waking me up from some much needed rest. Vic had found me by the staircase after this kid named Dan had chased me down. He claimed he needed to show me how the school was run or some shit. Regardless, my head hurt and I wanted to go back to sleep and forget about the world for a little bit longer. I felt a hand brush the hair from my face carefully, not wanting to put pressure on the bruise I was sure was there. “Kels, wake up, we have to go inside now.”

A voice whispered from in front of me. I opened my eyes, the bright light coming through the open car door making the pounding in my head become even worse. I groaned in response, slowly forcing myself up from the seat. Vic grabbed my arm before I fell and giggled a little at my clumsiness. My eyes narrowed as I looked over at him. “Ya know, laughing isn’t going to help me walk, now is it.” He shook his head and smiled, a small sigh escaping from his lips. We made our way through the small house, his grip on my arm never loosening for fear of me busting my ass. I almost slipped on the last step of the stairs and couldn’t help laughing at my own stupidity. “Happens to me all the time.” Vic said, waving it off. When we finally got o his room at the end of the hall, I collapsed on his small bed wanting nothing more than to close my eyes and rest. I stuffed my hands in my sweatshirt pocket, planning to do just that when I felt someone sit on the bed next to me. I stayed like that for a few minutes before Vic’s staring started to make me feel a little weird. “Um…hi?” I turned my head to see Vic sitting with his legs crossed and his lips pursed together, staring at me intently. “Oh, nothing, just you’re all bloody. Do you want to go clean off your face in the bathroom or something?” I nodded and pushed myself off the bed. He led me to the bathroom and left, not wanting to hover around me. I looked in the mirror at my reflection and groaned. I had looked worse, but I was still pretty messed up. I wet a paper towel and went to work, trying to make myself look as close to normal as possible with a split lip and a bruise above my eye. I shook my hair out and hoped it would cover the bruise enough so I could avoid questions. When I finally went back to Vic’s room I found him sprawled out on his bed playing on his phone. When he heard the door open, he looked over and smiled. “Hey Kellin.” He motioned for me to join him on the bed, and I complied not caring that we where almost complete strangers. That was when I spotted a guitar propped up against the window. “You play?” I asked, still staring at the instrument. I felt him nod beside me. “You want me to play something or…?” I smiled and grabbed the guitar, practically shoving it into his hands. He laughed at my eagerness, but began strumming. I immediately recognized the begging cords to my favorite song and couldn’t help singing along.

You’re a mess, tangled in your confidence

you think you’re heaven sent.

Vic looked over at me with curious eyes but continued the song.

Well, you’re unstoppable,
Your walls are impassible.

Oh, I think you’re better off looking alone,
‘Cause the boys that chase your hips can just go find their way home.

I peaked at Vic through my fringe, and saw him staring at me with his mouth open and eyes wide. I took that as a cue to keep singing. A small smile played at the corners of my lips while I finished up the verse.

And at the end of the day you think to yourself,
“My body is a product being sold on a shelf.”
Tell me I can change,
Tell me I can change.

I heard one last strum of the guitar before I hid my face in my hands because I didn’t want to have to face him after that. I heard lighthearted giggles come from next to me. Vic pried my hands from my face and gave me a huge smile. “That was amazing!” He said excitedly. “Can you sing again?” I shook my head. “HELL NO!” I said laughing. He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his nose into my thick hair. “You were so good though!” I was taken aback by the sudden affection, but didn’t protest. “But no.” I answered, the color flushing to my cheeks. He didn’t bother me about it again, and we just stayed like that for who knows how long. When he pulled away I was tempted to whine for him to come back, but I stopped myself before I did. “You give good hugs.” Vic said with a shy smile. He got off the bed and stretched, yawning at the ceiling. “Thank you?” I didn’t know how to respond to something like this. I mean, it seemed like he was better at this socializing thing than I was. He laughed through tired lips and made his way across the small room. “You want to get something to eat downstairs?”

—-

So, what do you want to eat Kels?” I sat down on the counter next to him and shrugged. I looked down at my swinging feet and noticed how run down my shoes were getting. I needed to get some new ones; maybe I could pick up some new ones after school tomorrow? My thoughts were interrupted by Vic’s humming. He was leaning into the fridge, looking around for something to eat. “How ‘bout some left over pizza.”

“Sure thing, and to drink?” he started humming again, “Coke?” I nodded in agreement smiling at how cute he was as he skipped around the kitchen. I was still in pain and wanted nothing more than to sleep after the events at school today, but spending time with Vic sounded way better. I sat at the table, holding my knees to my chest and resting my head. Vic slid the food in front of me before taking his place in the other side of the small wooden table. “How are you feeling? When I found you, you looked like you got the shit beaten out of you.” I looked down at my plate, reluctant to answer. “ Um. I’ll be fine. My head hurts and I have a bruise on my head, but I’ll survive.” I took a few bites of my food, realizing how hungry I was. “Do you know who did it?” I shook my head, not wanting to get my ass kicked again for ratting him out. “I think his name was Dan or something?” Vic rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his curly hair. “That little shit!” Vic yelled. He took a sip of his drink and glared at the wall.

“He’s a total ass.” Vic said, breaking the silence.

“Huh?”

“Dan, if he thinks you can’t fight back he’ll go after you.” I pouted a little, “ I don’t look that weak, do I?” Vic rolled his eyes at me. (Something I’ve noticed he does quite a lot)

“C’mon, lets go back upstairs, my brother might be home soon anyways.” I followed him as he put away the plates and ran up the stairs. I crawled on his bed and stuffed my head in his pillow. I closed my eyes and pulled the cover around me wanting to disappear from the world for a little while. As I was drifting to sleep, I felt an arm wrap itself around me and I snuggled against Vic’s body. A smile spread across my tired lips as I yawned one last time before sleep took its grasp on my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this was really rushed, I wanted to update this fic bc I haven't in so long :c
Thank you for reading, and I hate to beg, but please comment. it means the world to me and I want to hear what you guys think of my writing!

ily all okbye :*