Status: I don't really like the beginning, but it gets better, so bear with me :D

Walking Toward the End

Grip on Reality

The ones I've already sent

I fell asleep with those words swimming in my mind. The stairway into unconsciousness was no where near pleasant, and once I was there, it all got worse.

"Not guilty," John informed Sherlock in disbelief. "They found him not guilty. No defense, and Moriarty's walked free."
I walked next to John, taking the phone and shutting it.
"He heard you," I muttered forcefully.


A bang stirred me. It took all my willpower to open my eyes slightly.
"Oh, I'm so sorry dear," the small nurse fixed the chair. "Go back to sleep, I only need to adjust your IV."
She fiddled with the tubes as I slipped back into sleep.

"The ambassador's asked for you personally."
Sherlock and I walked past John, who was still trying to figure out what's happening.

Lestrade attempted to warn Sherlock. "Miss Mackenzie, House Mistress. Go easy."
I saw through Sherlock immediately and realized he had no intentions of going easy.
"Miss Mackenzie, you’re in charge of pupil welfare, yet you left this place wide open last night," his voice rises angrily. "What are you, an idiot, a drunk, or a criminal?!"
He whipped the shock blanket off her shoulders and glowered at her. "Now quickly, tell me!"
Miss Mackenzie visibly shook and sobbed out the answer. "All the doors and windows were properly bolted. No-one – not even me – went into their room last night. You have to believe me!"
Sherlock's demeanor immediately changed and he gently took hold of her shoulders. "I do, I just wanted you to speak quickly." As he walks away, I glared at him unapprovingly. "Miss Mackenzie will need to breathe into a bag now."

I took her blanket from the ground and placed it around her shoulders. Hugging her, I apologized. "Sorry. He's like a child sometimes."


The door to my hospital room opened once again, and I tried to open my eyes. They felt as if stones were weighing them down. Once I opened them, the invisible weights pushed even harder, and I had to force them up. When I did, I noticed the face immediately.
"Why are you wearing that hat, Sherlock?"
Yes, Sherlock was in my room once again, wearing the ridiculous hat he hated so much.
"I wanted you to see me like I really am," he grinned at me - not in a pleasing way. "You are a pet, Eveline. A pet I play fetch with."
He didn't flinch as a liquid dripped down the left side of his face. I squinted and the crimson color became recognizable. Soon, the blood covered the entire side of his face. His eyes lost their light, taking much of the color with it. My heart dropped. I had seen this before. His eyes became an almost white color. A boulder had formed in my stomach and my eyes welled with tears while my face became hot. As Sherlock collapsed, I lost my grip on reality.

"Remember," Lestrade warned, "she's just seven years old, and traumatized, so anything you can do to..."
"Not be myself." Sherlock finished.
"Yeah. Might be helpful."
Sherlock stepped into the room and I followed in turn.
Sherlock started out well. "Claudette, I know-"
Claudette's eyes lifted and as they met Sherlock's, she turned an even paler shade, lifted a finger and let out a terrified scream.
"No, no- I know it's been hard for you..." The girl continued screeching, scrambling to get away. "Claudette, listen to me-"
Lestrade came to the rescue. "Get out. Get out!"


Nobody woke me the next time I gained consciousness. The smell of food had wormed its way into my mind as my nurse brought my dinner in. My blood felt like lead in my veins, but I sucked it up and ate my fill. As I was falling asleep, I stared at my plate and the scraps seemed to spell out letters.
IOU

"Sherlock Holmes, I'm arresting you on suspicion of abducting and kidnapping."
"He's not resisting," John said.
"It's all right, John."
"He isn't resisting! No, it's not alright."

I listened from the sink. I stared at my own reflection and noticed how pale I'd gone in the last few seconds. Sherlock and Moriarty are locked in a game, and Moriarty is making his move.
I couldn't bear it any longer as I tore from the wash room and at Donovan. The Chief Superintendent was right there, but I didn't care. I felt my pulse in my head and my heart was beating so hard it must have been audible downstairs. Anderson stood by and opened his mouth to make a remark, with a punch in the gut I cut him off, followed by a hit on Donovan on her jaw.

"Joining me?" Sherlock gave a look as both John and I were pushed against the police car next to him.
"I will kill them," I hissed.
"Good. You plan that while I plan our daring escape." Sherlock muttered.
In a swift move, he reached in the window of the patrol car and pressed the radio. All the officers cringed, swiping at their earpieces as Sherlock grabbed a pistol from an officer. Holding it up, John shackled to his left, he backed to the middle of the crowd.
"Ladies and gentlemen, can I have you all on your knees?"
Nobody reacted, so Sherlock blasted two bullets into the night sky. "NOW, would be good!"
Separate from the guys, I leaped over my handcuffs, leaving my hands to my front.
"Just-just so you're aware, the gun is all his idea, I'm just a...you know..." John stuttered for the words.
"My hostage!" Sherlock pulled the gun to his head.
They started slowly, seeing no one would follow, they sprinted into the alley as I ran down the other side into an alley.
♠ ♠ ♠
AAAHH okay I'm really surprised I wrote this all in a day, mostly because I'm extremely slow at writing. Starting at like 7:30 and finishing at like 11:45 working a little throughout the day xD

I may update again tonight, but I've got a pretty good idea on what's coming next, so another chapter should come pretty soon.