Status: I don't really like the beginning, but it gets better, so bear with me :D

Walking Toward the End

Like Mother, Like Daughter

After Dr. Stephens said that to me, I started getting upset often. I'm not sure how long I've been in here. I don't even know where it is, what it's called, or even how I got here. I haven't had any visitors. Not Mrs. Hudson, Molly, or even John. Added to that, I don't only see Moriarty any more. I see my friends. The worst is when I see Sherlock.
"I despise you, you know," he would murmur in my ear. "You made my life a living Hell. And now I'm free.''
"You've gone mad," Molly would hiss. "How can I be friends with a mad girl?"
"It's been paradise since you've left," Mrs. Hudson chirps. "Less noise, less mess, less fuss. Less money coming in, mind you."
"I'm dead because of you," Emma glares at me. "How could you do that? You may have just shot me."
I curl into a ball on my bed, trying to shrink myself in the hope I could disappear. The taunts get louder as my friends get closer, slowly and steadily, as if it is supposed to be dramatic.
"Dinner," my nurse calls.
"I'm not hungry," I tell her. "Just leave it by the door."
She obliges, moving on to the next room.
I can tell, for the most part, what's in my mind or not. But who's to say that's not what they feel?

I must have fallen asleep, because when I wake up, it's the doctors calling for lights out. Once I shut off my light, I lay on my bed. It is oddly quiet in my head. Maybe I'll finally get a good night's sleep.

***

I was wrong. Once I fell asleep, whispers worked their way into my dreams, turning them to nightmares. I repeat Sherlock's fall. Moriarty hurts my friends. Emma plants a bomb on me instead. Sherlock drags me down with him.
I jerk awake when Sherlock and I hit the ground, my reflexes throwing me into a standing position by my bed. My heart hammers in my chest before I realize it was just a dream. My breath takes its time to return, during which I start fiddling with my breakfast.
"Eveline?" A knock raps on my door. "I've got to leave soon, but I just want to have a quick session."
My eyes find my therapist, wearing a black dress.
"Are you going on a date?" I ask.
She gives a small smile. "Yes. Now, what's been happening since my last visit?"
I start folding a paper. I figure I should tell her; no harm can be done. "I'm not just seeing him anymore; all my friends."
"Including..."
I nod, knowing she means the dead one.
"What do they say?"
"How nice it is without me, how insane I am, everything is my fault."
The look in her eyes is pity.
"You believe them?"
"My memories give me no reason not to."
"Eveline, if Sherlock jumped just because of you, and he was a genius who didn't care what anyone thought of him, wouldn't he have just left?"
I look her in her warm brown eyes. She smiles at me as she leaves. "I'm sorry, but I've got to go."
I hand her the paper I had folded into a small ladybug. "My mum always gave me these for luck."
She pulled me in for a hug before waving goodbye. I chuckle to myself. Well, Mum, I think to myself, like mother like daughter.

"...and he's watching us all with the eye-" Moriarty stops singing. "You know, I don't understand what it means,. Eye of the tiger. Do tigers have really good eyesight?" I pause my chess game. As much as I hate him, Moriarty thinks an awful lot. "Looks like you've got visitors." He shimmers into blank space.
"Did Balthazar-"
"He sent us to another dimension. Yes."
"Well, zap us back!"
"I can't."
"What did he say? We need to fix someone?"
"Yeah, they'll be easy to find. We're only in a friggin' mental hospital!"
I walk to the door.
"Look for...a sign I guess?"
"Oh, yeah. A sign. Well-"
As they reach my room, I see the three men. One insanely tall, one in a trench coat. The one in the coat stops at my doorr.
"What?" The tall one asks.
Their heads turn to me, and I shrink back into my room.
"Her."
They step into my room.
"What?" I look up at them.
"I'm Sam," the tall one says softly. "This is Dean and Cas. We're here to help."
I sigh. "You don't have to talk to me like I'm a wounded puppy. Why does everyone do that?"
"Maybe because you're in Loonyville." Dean says.
I glare at him. "You're a pleasure."
Sam clears his throat. "So, how come you're in here?"
I don't know what it is, but something about him said I could trust him. The words came spilling out before I could stop them. "When I was in the hospital, I started having these...hallucinations. Now I'm pretty sure someone drugged me. I left, but they continued. I see people- my friends, mostly. They taunt me, tell me to kill myself."
"What friends do you see?"
"One friend who died-'' The three exchange looks. "Mrs. Hudson, John, Sherlock-"
"Sherlock Holmes?" Sam interrupted.
"Yeah," I say. "Is that a surprise?"
Sam and Dean stare at each other. "We're in the Sherlock Holmes universe?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote literally almost all of this chapter, didn't save it, accidentally hit f5 and deleted all of it. That's why this took a lot longer to update than I thought it would. Once it got deleted, I was just like NOPE and went to do something else for a while. The first one of this was a lot better. I'd probably have this up a lot earlier, but last week we had family over, so I couldn't really write. Sorry about that.