Status: I don't really like the beginning, but it gets better, so bear with me :D

Walking Toward the End

Shield Dropped

"A Study in Scarlet, The Hounds of the Baskervilles," Sam says, clearly intrigued. "That's all happened?"
"What? You mean a Study in Pink? Have you read John's blog?"
"Wait- didn't Sherlock Holmes die?" Dean asks.
"Faked his death. Three years before he went back to Baker Street." Sam corrects.
"So...he is alive?" I feel my eyes widen.
Sam looks to the ground, looking like he's scolding himself. "How long have you been here?"
I shrug. "I've no idea. Guess I don't really want to know. The drugs are out of my system, if that's what you're wondering." I pause, before realizing what they'd been talking about. "...you said the 'Sherlock Holmes universe'. What do you mean?"
"An angel performed a spell that sent us from our universe to this one," Cas says. "In our home universe, Sherlock Holmes is a book character."
I scoff. "And I'm the psychopath?"
"No-" Sam opens his mouth, but I cut him off.
"Look, if someone's put you up to this, just get out. I don't need to be mocked."
Sam glances at Cas disapprovingly. "He meant..." Sam pauses. "Actually, I don't have an excuse."
I cross my arms. "Yeah. Get out."
Cas steps toward me with a blank expression on his face. "I have a small connection to heaven here."
Before I can react, he puts two fingers to my forehead, and I'm standing in a field. No, not a field. I'm in the field, where I went on my first case with Sherlock. As I rotate, thoughts flying through my head and getting lost before I can grab hold on them, something catches my eye- or someone. It's me. I'm standing on a field, watching myself on the field.
"Strange," Cas's voice mutters next to my ear. "This is your happiest memory- but you believed someone was going to kill you."
"How did you-" I stare at him, watching my past self, when the scene changes to my room; me sobbing in my bed. The night I had my nightmare.
"Do we have to do this?"
Cas remains silent.
I'm completely panicking on the inside, but for some reason, I don't react on the outside.
My eye catches on Sherlock, standing silently and observing in my memory, and a lump forms in my throat. John and Mrs. Hudson busy themselves fussing about me, and I keep my eyes on Sherlock. Just for a second, just long enough to not be seen by anyone, his face drops, and he looks like he cares; his shield dropped. John turns to get me something, and Sherlock returns to normal.
"Stop," I whisper. "Please."
I'm nearing tears now, and maybe Cas could tell, because as I blink, we're back in my room.

I wipe my eyes quickly. "What was that?" I shout.
"What did you do, Cas?" Sam whispers.
"I showed her her happiest memories." Cas looks purely confused as to why I don't appreciate it.
"He's dead now!" I yell at him, putting my face in my hands. "It's just a joke. This...this is drugs again. Someone slipped something into my food."
"Well, I hate to break it to you sweetheart, but this is reality." Dean says. "Now, we've got to get you out of here."
"Why?" I whisper. "No one's visited. How should I know I'll be welcomed back?"
"They care for you," Cas interjects. "They're thinking about you."
I sigh. "As long as it gets me out of here. But how did you do the...thing?" I mimick his two-finger pose.
"He's an angel," Sam says nonchalantly.
I nod, knowing it's best to just pretend I understand whatever they talk about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Reasons for this being short:
1) writer's block
2)I told myself I'd update today, but we had to run in P.E. in 95 degree weather (35 degrees for anyone who uses Celsius) and I'm pretty sure I'm just going to get more tired and won't be able to focus so it'll either be barely any longer or really crappy.
3)school's started, and my teachers (or one teacher, specifically) gives loads of homework. I've got a speech due Tuesday, which we got assigned yesterday, a collage due Thursday, and Leonardo da Vinci research to do, along with math and all that, and it's only the second week of school.
I complain a lot, so, yeah, and there'll be longer gaps, probably because I have to keep up with my classes.
Also, I'll try to update again soon, hopefully starting on the next chapter tomorrow, since it's the weekend. I've also got Monday off, but a friend is spending the night Sunday so I'm not sure if I'll be able to work on it much then.