Status: I don't really like the beginning, but it gets better, so bear with me :D

Walking Toward the End

The Reichenbach Fall

We got a call from Lestrade the next day. Moriarty had broken into the Crown Jewels while leading a prison break. He spelled out Get Sherlock on the glass before dressing himself up. We were to attend the court case.

"The defense is providing no evidence," the judge said, "you must find him guilty."

But yet, he was found innocent.

-x-

I went back to the flat to get my phone while we went to the hospital and found an apple displaced on the table. It read IOU
"Mrs. Hudson!" John called, and the door slammed.
I ran down the stairs, to see a very confused John. As he sees Mrs. Hudson, realization spreads on his face.

-x-

"Turn around. I'm on the rooftop." I heard Sherlock's voice from John's phone.

I knew what was happening, though John was still fitting the pieces together. Only a day after I lost Emma. I sprinted to the hospital, pushing past anyone in my way. I couldn't let Moriarty take him too. I took the steps three at a time, praying John could keep the call long enough for me to reach the roof. My lungs were gasping, but I didn't care. I had to get there.

I burst onto the rooftop. Sherlock spread his arms.
"Sherlock!" I screamed.
I vaguely noticed Moriarty lying in a pool of blood with a bullet wound in his head.
I lunged, but too slowly. Sherlock leaned forward and fell.

I collapsed right there. Right on the rooftop where Sherlock would be for the very last time, and cried.

-x-

Mrs. Hudson, John, and I rode to the graveyard. I did my best to shut out my emotions during the ceremony, but as they lowered the casket into the ground, I let a few tears slip. More followed and I was sniffling before I could stop it. He drove me insane, but he'd been there for me through it all. When I ran away, it was the Holmes family who took me in. They fed me and gave me a roof to live under. On the playground when we were little, a boy would make me cry, and Sherlock did his best to make sure the kid's lunch was crawling with ants.

He couldn't be gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this one is more of a quick flashback. I'll be putting a lot of work into the next chapter.
I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry, but this will be a cliffhanger for a little while. *hides behind Mrs. Hudson*
Don't kill me!