The Hockey Girlfriends

Chapter One.

“Nicole!” I hear a high pitched yell coming from the doorway, when the apartment door swings open and hits the wall, making a loud crack of a sound.

I sit up startled in bed, just down the hall from where I hear loud footsteps coming in the direction of James’ and I’s bedroom. I quickly pause my music playing from my phone and stop painting my nails.

“What?!” I shout anxiously, with wide eyes when Tori bursts through the door. My face drops when i see tears streaming down her face and i run to her side. “Tori...” I softly say.

“He’s cheating on me!” Tori shouts, sitting on the edge of the bed and covers her face with her hands, crying loudly.

I sit down cautiously by her side and try to comfort her, and understand the situation but she’s not speaking much. My eyes wander down to the little piece of cloth sitting in her lap. I see the colors of a silky red, and creamy white. Not wanting to upset her more, or interrupt, I keep my curiosity to myself.

Just as i kicked it to the back of my mind, Tori’s arm shoots up in the air, with the cloth in her hands. “I found this in his dresser!” She blurts, lifting her head from looking at the floor and she looks at me with sad, heartbroken, red eyes.

I gently take it into my hands to examine it. I hold it up, and all the folded creases fall into place to form a perfect piece of sexy lingerie.

“Oh, Tori..” I whisper not knowing what else to say. I gently set it down and I wrap my arms around her tightly, taking her into my grip as she cries, with her voice aching for Brayden to be by her side right now.

~~~~~~
The flyers are on a week long roadtrip and their first of the kickoff season; while this all is happening. I try my best to get Tori’s mind off of it and I spend all day with her to keep her company and so I know she’s okay. By the third day she’s stopped crying about the situation,and it truly breaks my heart to see someone I’ve come to know so closely, and can call my best friend, so hurt and

“I actually don’t want him to come home! I don’t know how to even bring it up in conversation!” Tori blurts to me nervously and sits up on the couch, knowing he could arrive home any minute.

“Just relax. Don’t worry about anything. He should be the one worrying because of what he did. You’re not the wrong one here remember that.” I softly assure her.

“What would you do if you were in this situation? With James?” She blurts to me, rubbing her eyes that freshly new tears are falling from.

“Well I don’t really want to think we would ever be in that situation.” I quietly sigh back, and thoughts start to pile in my head, making me and nervous and doubtful that there's no reason he hasn't done the same. I glance over at her again to speak up but I keep my mouth shut, not wanting to make any of this about myself.

“If I was in your shoes, I would sit him down and tell him what you found out. Ask him for the truth, and try to talk about it.” I respond.

Tori sits up with her legs crossed on the couch. “But I don’t even-” She starts to blurt out but stops when she hears a door. She slowly turns back to look in the doors direction and she sees Brayden step in and set down his bags.

“Honey, I’m hoooooome!” Brayden chuckles.