The Hockey Girlfriends

Chapter Three.

Late in the evening, James is cooking dinner in the kitchen, and talking with Brayden. I’m still fast asleep until Tori rushes into the bedroom and wakes me up by the sound of the door closing. “Hey how did it go?” i ask her tiredly after it takes me a minute to wake up fully, and she sits down in front of me on the bed.

“I brought it up finally when we sat down to eat and he was stunned at first. He got mad really quickly and started yelling.” Tori sadly explains, glancing down ashamed.

“You had to bring it up one way or another, it was the right thing to do. You had to be sure about it.” I comfort her, patting her shoulder sighing.

I drag her out to the kitchen and Brayden pulls her aside. “Can I talk to you?” He softly says and they go into the living room.

Meanwhile, I plop down at the kitchen counter on a stool right in front of James as he cooks. “It’s sexy that you can cook.” I smile innocently, and he grins winking at me.

“My innocent ears!” Brayden groans, making a grossed out face and glances back at us.

“Shut up!” i stick my tongue out at him and cross my arms, laughing.

I help James set out dinner and we all eat together at the table. It’s pretty quiet and as soon as I finish, Tori pulls be back to the bedroom to talk again.

“What?” I groan dramatically shutting the door behind me. “Just make up already!”

“He said he bought it for me.” She blushes and crosses her arms. “But I don’t see why..I mean is that even normal?” She asks confused, showing it by the look on her face. “Has James ever done that for you?”

“Uhm, isn’t that kind of personal?” I respond quickly and blush, shaking my head.

“Oh I know everything about you. Nothing is embarrassing just tell me!” She nudges me gently.

“Okay maybe a few times.” I shrug slightly and glance to the side blushing more and i lean back against the door with a groan.

For a minute it’s silent between us and then her eyes widen. “That’s why he was mad at me! It’s our anniversary! And that’s why he got it! How could i forget?” She puts her face in her hands, gasping “In the end i’m the bad one in this relationship. How could I be so stupid?”

“I’m sure he will forgive you. Just talk to him about it. Most importantly apologize that you forgot, and apologize you accused him of it, but make sure he knows there’s a good reason as to why you thought he was cheating. Your mind wandered to a place all girls worry over their boyfriends sometimes. Don’t beat yourself up over it” I point out.

She groans like she did the exact same way before and I have to drag her out once more. I push her in his direction and she glances at me nervously.

“Go on!” I mouth to her, motioning my hands and I go sit down next to James on the couch, leaning into his side.

They head back to their apartment and i stretch out across the couch, laying my head in his lap. He plays with my hair making me smile to myself, as i watch tv and flip through the channels.

I groan and put my hand over my stomach when I start to get nauseous, and I suddenly get up in a quick motion and run to the bathroom. I get sick and i kneel down in front of the toilet.

“Sweetie?” James asks worriedly and runs to the door. He knocks on it and walks in coming over by my side. “Are you alright?” He rubs my back, soothing me.

“Yeah it’s probably just from dinner.” I assure him shrugging. I get up and go wash out my mouth and brush my teeth, washing over it with a towel. I turn around to see James standing right there, and he wraps his arms around me, setting his hands on my lower back.

“Nicole?” He whispers still very worried, and he brushes my hair out of my face, one of his many habits.

“...Now that I think about it, I’m late.” I whisper nervously.