The Hockey Girlfriends

Chapter Five.

“Nicole, Nicole!” I hear from the door to our apartment open.

“God dammit you know I hate when people call me that!” I say, matter of factly and turn away from the table with my arms crossed to see Tori standing there with a bag, and Brayden behind her who goes down the hall to find James.

“Oh shut it and stop the little attitude you’re going to love what i just found.” She smirks proudly, causing me to roll my eyes but smile and I walk over to her, while she pulls out infant pajama outfits.

“Wow, these are really adorable, but what if we have boy?” I ask, picking out one purchase from her pile. “James is going to have a fit if I sneak this cheetah onesie on our little boy!” I laugh.

“Well he’ll have to deal with it, isn't that right? You said it yourself! At the end of the day you’ll be the one that goes through the pain, and he did this to you. I think he can handle a little cheetah print outfit.” She grins and sets all the onesies back in the bag, and onto the table.

“Once we move into the new house, he’ll just be happy he has his little man cave in the basement.” I roll my eyes in a playful gesture.

“Don’t remind me! Please don’t go, it’s going to be so lonely here without you.” She sighs slumping her shoulders back so her back is slouching in disappointment.

“I've told you a million times, we’ll be right down the street, you can still come over all the time...and I would visit here, but it’s just going to get harder and harder for me to walk up these steps.” I groan covering my face.

“Get James to be your knight in shining armor and carry you!” She rolls her eyes, teasing and scoffs quietly. “You two are so cute it’s sick, ya know that.”

“Sorry” I let out a groan and blush, shrugging my shoulders up and down.

“You know it just makes me think.. I mean you two are moving on with your lives, settling down, having a family, a permanent house, a wedding.” Tori blurts in a very quiet slur. “When will it be our turn?” She questions making sure that Brayden won’t hear.

“You want that?” I ask surprised and my head shoots up from the boxes, that I am putting some decorations in, to take to the new house.

“Well duh, doesn't every girl?” Tori asks confused, tilting her head with a ditsy puzzled look swirled on her face.

“Mostly yeah, but I mean, you want that now?” I ask curiously, sitting down beside her on the couch, taking a break from my packing.

“Yeah I do, but I know he doesn't. He hasn't even mentioned it, or seemed interested.” She puts leans her chin in her hands, still confused and stumped on how she should handle the situation.

“James never talked about it until I brought it up when I first found out I was pregnant.” I admit honestly. “Just bring it up to Brayden, and I’m sure things will work out. You just need to let him know what you want.

“We’re not perfect like you and James.” Tori mutters crossing her arms and looking to the side, and I can tell the annoyance shown in her voice.

“Me and him are not perfect.” I sigh defending myself against her words. “I’m trying to give you any advice I have, and all of it includes what I go through with him.” I mumble in response quietly.

“Stop telling yourself that. You and James are perfect because he does what you say, and gives you whatever you want, when you want it, and never talks back.” Tori growls out annoyed and shoots me a glare.

“We get in our share of fights to!” I narrow my eyes on her shocked. “And so in other words you’re trying to tell me he spoils me?” I ask completely offended and cross my arms on top of my visible bump that’s growing.

She ignores my question and stands to her feet. “Come on Brayden let’s go!” She shouts for him, and he comes out stumbling to his feet from the game room where him and James were playing xbox and Brayden follows her out annoyed, that he was interrupted by her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I realize I haven't wrote in over 3 months, but I discontinued for awhile. I still can't seem to find any interesting ideas for this and I'm trying to find a way to either end it interestingly, or add some kind of interesting drama.