No More

Chapter Two

I woke up the next morning with a strange feeling coursing through me. I was giggly, almost insanely so. A shock went through me like electricity. It was Sunday, which meant another whole day with Marcus. I was nervous, but ready to leave. I went to my dresser and found my favorite pink long sleeved shirt, it was unseasonably cold for March. I pulled on my faded light colored denim jeans and put an “x” on the day of the twenty ninth on my calendar. I grabbed my pink marker and put a little heart next to the number to indicate what had happened yesterday. I pranced into the bathroom and brushed my completly straight black hair. I lined my green eyes in a little bit of black. After I finished my hair and make up I skipped to the fridge to see if there was any left over pizza from yesterday. There was. I popped the end of the slice into my mouth and went back to my room. I unplugged my phone from its charger and sifted through my messages, one from Miranda, asking about the Marc situation, one from Sarah, apologizing for telling her brother about me liking him, two from Jake, complaining that I wasn’t awake yet, and one from Marcus. I smiled and almost forgot the pizza dangling precariously out of my mouth I took another bite and set it down beside me. The message from Marc read: Good morning beautiful! (: cant wait to see you, ill stop by at noon to pick you up, k? See you soon! (: 3-29-2011 :)
I giggled for about 5 minutes before I realized it was 11:50 and he would be here any minute. I crammed the rest of the cold pizza in my mouth and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I heard him pull up. I ran out the door, forgetting to put my shoes on in the process. he started driving. “Where are we going?” I asked
“Umm, well I’m not really sure yet.” He smiled
“Well I vote its somewhere that shoes aren’t required” I looked down blushing realizing I had forgotten my shoes.
He looked at me and smiled, “Alright, is it ok if we just drive around?”
“Yea, that’s fine” I was still smiling
“So how was your night beautiful?” he asked, his face completely lit up
“It was pretty…” oh what’s the world I’m looking for…. FREAKIN’ AMAZING!! “good I suppose.” Well that’s not what I wanted to say. Oh well. He just keep looking at me and staring, then he would look at the road for a second and then glance at me and smile again. “Why are you so smiley?” I asked playfully
“Because I get to spend the day with you” he said sheepishly. I grinned, looking down and blushing. “I love it when you do that.” he said suddenly serious.
“When I do what?” I asked, kind of embarrassed
“Smile and blush like whatever I said just made your day”
“Well it kinda did” I admitted suddenly feeling a little flutter in my heart
“Well then I know I’m doing something right.” he said, “You wanna go to Jake’s or something?”
“Why? So I can kick your ass in Zombies again?”
“Oh you SO did NOT kick my ass ok!! That was just luck!”
“Oh NUHU!!” I said tauntingly… we continued bickering this way the entire way to Jake’s house where it continued even more as I kicked his ass in Zombies… AGAIN!

But soon, too soon, it was dark and I had to go home. Marc walked me to my house instead of driving me there because we really hadn’t had all that much alone time together.
“So I guess I never really asked you this but….” He hesitated, “Will you be my girlfriend?”
I smiled at his akward-ness and replied “I would love to be your girlfriend Marc” I couldn’t stop smiling. He laced his fingers through mine and we walked the 5 short blocks from Jake’s house to mine, talking and laughing the whole time.
When we got there, he looked down at me; he just looked at me with those deep dark blue eyes that made me want to melt right on the spot. I looked up and down trying to take in all 6 feet 4 inches of his skinny, yet muscular frame. He just looked at me, making no inclination to kiss me or leave or really do anything but just stand there. It was flattering, but soon I became extremely self conscious. I wrapped the arm that he wasn’t holding around my stomach trying to hid my not-perfectly-skinny stomach.
He frowned, “why’d you do that?” he asked grabbing my other hand. Before I could reply he was wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me-yes literally picking me up off of the ground- so I was at eye level with him. He gazed at me for a nano-second longer before pressing his lips to mine. My arms, that had been limp at my sides, suddenly wrapped themselves around his neck. My fingers were running through his hair and he was kissing me passionately, I couldn’t even believe it…. HE was KISSING ME!!! ME!!! Of all the people he could have right now ME! It was unbelievable. All too soon he had to put me down again. I folded myself into his arms and just held him there… I didn’t want to move. He seemed to understand so he held me tighter. The porch light flickered on then off again.
“Well, that’s my cue” I said sadly.
“hey it’s ok, I’ll see you at school tomorrow ok?”
“Ok” I said as I pulled away from him
“I’ll text you ok.” he said smiling as he turned and began jogging up the street towards Jake’s house.
I just stood there and watched him until he turned the corner and vanished out of my sight. And that was about the time I started having a spazz attack. My whole entire body just tingled and I started jumping up and down and spinning in circles and laughing. I just kept laughing. Even after I calmed myself down enough to be able to walk into my house without raising too much suspicion I just kept laughing. I went to bed that night with a smile on my face.