No More

Chapter Three

That morning my alarm clock’s frantic screaming woke me up, just as it did every other day, I went to the bathroom and showered. Unlike every other day I took special care in picking out my clothes, and took 10 minutes longer to do my make up, making sure every detail was perfect. I went downstairs and made an eggo waffle in the toaster, just like always, and ate it as I walked out the door to my car. I got in, and started the engine, just like every other day, and clicked my seat belt across my waist. I went to put my foot on the gas petal, when I felt something crinkle beneath my thigh. I reached down and picked up a single, folded up, piece of paper. My name was scrawled across the front in messy “boy writing.” As I unfolded the letter I couldn’t help but wonder how it got there, my car had been locked all night. The letter said:
Kenzi,
Good morning beautiful. I suppose you think finding this letter in your locked car was probably kinda weird but let me explain…. Jake made an extra key so he could steal your car as a prank for April Fool’s Day… and well… I kinda stole it from his house. I realize that is probably kinda creepy, and I’m really sorry if it is but I just wanted to leave you a hand written note to cheer up your morning. I will see you soon!
Your Boyfriend
Marcus
Ok so maybe to someone else, a guy breaking into your car and leaving a rambling letter, about breaking into your car, wasn’t cute. It’s a good thing I’m not someone else, the letter made my morning. I stashed it in my pocket for safe keeping and headed to the little school, located right off the highway of my tiny little town.
When I got there Marc was waiting for me. He was just leaning against the school building, his blonde hair glowing in the morning sunlight, a slightly impish grin on his face. When he saw me get out of my little white car his whole face lit up and he jogged over to help me carry my books. (I’m not even kidding, he carried my books for me, cute right? ) I giggled as we walked up to the building, and couldn’t stop smiling as he escorted me to my american history class to drop off my books before the bell. He gave me a quick peck on the cheek and was out the door right as the morning bell rang.
“Look at that swoon” Jake chuckled when he noticed my blush, still bright pink on my cheeks. The school day continued, rather uneventfully, until lunch, when an extra chair was pulled up next to mine at the table. I glanced over at Marc as he set his fully loaded tray down next to mine and slide into the extra chair. As he ate with his right hand, his left hand was left to wander, and it found it’s way to the ticklish part of my leg, right above my knee. I jerked and let out a choked laugh. “Somebody’s ticklish” Marc smiled
“I am not” I retorted, “Just a little jumpy”
“Oh we'll see about that” he said as I noticed a nearly imperceptible wink.
Everyone at the table just stared at us, like we were crazy. That’s when I realized that, at this table of 10, now 11, only 4 people knew about Marc and me, and two of those people were Marc and me. Then Jake decided to clue them in, of course in his loud, goofy way. “Oh yeaa!! Ya’ll don’t know! Yep my best friends are totes a thing now” he winked at us. Way to be subtle.
“Did you seriously just say totes? You homo?” My friend Tristen asked
“Um, what if he is? Do you have a problem with gays, Mr. Homophobe” Oh great, now Ian joined the conversation, and (I bet you couldn’t guess) he is flamboyantly “out of the closet”
“ ok for one, I am NOT gay, I was cracking a joke, and two, Ian you know none of us have a problem with gay people, so calm down and three, Tristen, shut the hell up.” Nicely put Jake, I thought
“Well now that that mess is all cleared up, yes Kenz and I are a couple now so, well, now you guys all know.” Marcus said, confidently.

After the little dilemma at lunch, the rest of the school day passed just the same as the first part had, completely uneventful. When I got home that afternoon, about all I could do was pass out in my bed, so that’s what I did.

TONIGHT, TONIGHT THERE’S A PARTY ON THE ROOF TOP, TOP OF THE WORLD! TONIGHT, TONIGHT, AND WE’RE DANCING ON THE EDGE OF THE HOLLYWOOD SIGN

I shot up out of bed and check my clock, I had been asleep for 3 hours. The text was from Miranda:
Hey chick, theres a storm rolling in so close the goddamn window in ur room so u dnt get nemonia again ~RandaLou~
I typed out a quick reply, confirming that, yes I would close my window, and explaining that the reason I got *pneumonia* was not because of leaving my window open, so maybe she should get her story straight.
It was 7 o’clock and I was STARVING. I made my way downstairs to the kitchen and checked the cupboards and the fridge and found a packet of ramen noodles, that I was pretty sure had been in there since august of last year. I made them anyway and they didn’t taste too horrible. After I got done eating I looked outside to check the weather. It was already starting to rain. Perfect. I made some hot chocolate and poured it into a thermos and wrapped myself up in my favorite “rain blanket” (or so I liked to call it. In reality it was just an old comforter but it was warm, and water proof so I didn’t really mind using it) I slid open the screen door and plopped down on the patio chair. I gazed up at the sky as I sipped hot cocoa and the rain dripped on my face. I didn’t know how long I had been sitting like that until I heard a voice from out of no where.
“You’re gunna catch a cold you know” That voice was familiar, so familiar I could pick it out from a crowded mall.
“What are you doing here” I asked Marcus
♠ ♠ ♠
Merp.... what do ya'll think?