No More

Chapter Four

I flashed back to reality. My mom was still yelling at me from downstairs, so I decided it was probably time for me to get ready for school. I got dressed in a daze, trying to forget all the memories that had flooded to my mind after that stupid dream. I did my make up, brushed my hair, and headed downstairs for breakfast. Mom was pissed, and I mean FURIOUS. She was muttering to herself and banging things around in the kitchen. "Okay, so maybe I won't be having breakfast." I muttered to myself. I got my bag and decided to hit a drive thru on my way to school. I technically wasn't even required to be to the school until 9 but I woke up at 7 every day and was usually at the school by 8 anyway. I looked across the street at the big white house directly in front of mine. I was forced to see it every time I left my house. Finally, I pulled up to "The Donut Shop" drive thru window and order a 12 pack of assorted doughnuts. I'll share with people, I thought.
As I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed Jake two cars over. the next person I noticed was Marcus. He was sitting alone at one of the three picnic tables in the front of the school. I looked down at my feet, as he glanced over at me. i quickly got my backpack and the doughnuts out of the back seat of my car and followed the same path Jake had taken into homeroom. I sat down next to him and pushed the box of doughnuts in front of him on the desk. He gave me that award-winning smile. I couldn't help but smile back at him, if only half-heartedly. "What's wrong, kid?" he asked me
"Just had a... well it was a great dream-"
"about... uh...-"
"Yeah" I cut him off before he could say the name.
"I'm sorry" he said, he sounded so concerned, I smirked a little. He just smiled back and started inhaling the doughnuts I had brought. I reached over to grab the one doughnut I knew he wouldn't eat, chocolate covered with coconut sprinkles. I bit into it right as Mr. Jarvas began reading out the announcements to the class.
That's when, against my better judgement, I drifted back into that rainy day memory.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and let me know what you think! any feed back would be appreciated!