No More

Chapter Five

"What are you doing here?" I asked Marcus
"I always see you sitting outside whenever it rains, and since you're my girlfriend now," he grinned, "I decided it was time to figure out why." he stepped up onto the patio, picked me up, sat down on the chair I had been in, and set me down on his lap. I giggled and laid my head on his chest. He was warm.
"Well," I began slowly, "I guess I just really like storms."
"But why? Most chicks scream and hide at the first sound of thunder"
"I guess I'm not like most chicks"
"No," he said absentmindedly, playing with a strand of my hair, "You really aren't" he was staring up at the sky, just letting the rain hit his face. He looked like a little kid again. Then he shivered.
"Are you cold?" I asked
"Only a little" he answered, I moved to stand up, "Where are you going?" his hair was glistening in the rain, and he looked... sad maybe?
"I'm gunna go get a blanket, I'll be right back I promise" I smiled at him and went inside to grab the warmest comforter I owned. I checked myself in the mirror, "Wow I look terrible" I murmured to my reflection. I tried to tidy my soaking wet hair and wiped off the black rings around my eyes from my makeup. I put my hot cocoa mug in the sink and dashed back outside.
"Took you long enough" he smiled as I crawled back onto his lap with the blanket in tow. He took it from me and wrapped us both up in it. We laid there and talked for what seemed like hours before I heard my mom stomping towards the door.
"Shit!" I jumped off of Marc's lap
"What?" he asked, almost panicky
"Hide! Now!" I whispered, "If my mom sees you I'm screwed!" it finally clicked and he jumped off the patio and around the corner of the house, where he couldn't be seen.
Mom opened the door and asked, "When are you coming in?"
"Soon, I'll be in in a couple minutes." I replied
"Alright, make it quick" she shut the door and turned off the porch light. I stood alone in the dark for a second.
Finally, when i had waited long enough for the coast to be clear, I went around the corner and found him standing in the shadows. "That's kinda creepy ya' know." I said, trying not to smile. He didn't say anything. He just took three long steps toward me and wrapped me up in his arms. I pulled back and touched his face. "Are you okay?" I asked him
"Yeah, of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" he said, suddenly defensive.
"I don't know, I just wanted to be sure. You look... bummed?"
"I said I'm fine." he pulled away and pushed past me to leave
"Marcus, don't... please." I pleaded
"Don't what?" He snapped
"Don't go... not yet."
He turned around and looked at me, suddenly looking, not angry, but sad. It made my heart ache. I reached out to him and put my hands on his face. He picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around him. That's when he kissed me; he kissed me like he had never kissed me before. It was urgent, and pushy and heated. But under the urgency, it was tender and sweet. I was in a state of pure bliss. I tangled my fingers in his hair and pushed myself as close to him as I could. Soon though, too soon, he was pulling away and setting me on my own two feet. "I have to go" he said. I couldn't really disagree; I was sure my mom was going to come back out and catch me with him soon. I gave him one quick peck on the mouth before he turned and jogged to his house. I watched him as he went inside and went up the stairs. I watched as the light in his room flicked on and he started pacing back and forth in front of the window. He stopped then and looked over at my house. I stepped back into the shadows so he couldn't see me.
The look on his face that night, as he gazed at my house through his window, I could never describe it right. It was sweet, almost longing, but at the same time it was angry, and sad. Even from across the street, I could just see his eyes smoldering in a way I still can't describe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please! Comment with your opinions! I would love to hear what you have to say. any feed back at all is much appreciated (: