Status: Completed. Any feedback is appreciated.

Wayde Woods Massacre

CHAPTER 10

Earl Tripp was a construction worker. Earl didn't have a lot going for him. He was twice divorced, had no money, lived on his brother's sofa. Earl was fourty-five years old and had nothing to show for it, as his mother reminded him every Thanksgiving. Unless you would count his impressively long DUI record that would make people wonder how the fuck he still had a license.

Needless to say, Earl didn't get much enjoyment out of life anymore. The only two things that made him happy were beer and getting off work early. Today he had gotten off of work early and didn't see any reason to wait till he got home to start slamming the twelve-pack he had picked up at the liquor store.

Having four beers down his throat in six minutes, Earl was halfway through a taco-flavored belch as his favorite song came on the radio.

"HOT FUCKIN' SHIT, THIS IS MY JAM, MAN!"

Suddenly feeling like Elvis, Earl flicked his greasy hair back and displayed his sickening version of singing with the band. As loudly as he could...

"JEREMIAH WAS A BULLFROG..DUH, DUH, DUN..WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE..DUH, DUH, DUN..NEVER UNDERSTOOD A FUCKING WORD HE SAID...uh, something something WINE!"

Gaining speed, Earl's truck roared down the highway. Continuing his drunken show, he began dancing to the right then dancing to the left, still shouting the lyrics.

"JOY TO THE WORLD..ALL THE BOYS AND GIRLS..JOY TO THE FISHES IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA, JOY TO YOU AND ME!

HOLY SHIT!"

Suddenly he began to pay attention to the road as he had to slam on the breaks. Only a few feet ahead of him was a kid lying on the road. Convinced his heart actually wasn't going to burst out of his chest, he jumped out of his truck. As he reached the front of his truck, he knealt down at the boy's side.

Tony looked up at this new man. He had passed out for a moment, and wasn't sure what was going on at first.

"Are you alright boy?" Earl asked him.

Tony could only incoherently mumble something.

"Who are you boy?" Earl asked.

"T...Ton...Tony," Tony blubbered through the pain.

"Are you alright Tony?" Earl asked, "What the fuck happened to you?"

"Got...gotta get out of here," Tony said.

"Why?" Earl questioned.

"Look...look out!" Tony moaned.

The killer stood behind Earl. Before Earl realised this, the killer grabbed his head and smashed it into the headlight of the truck. Earl instantly was knocked out, but this didn't stop the assault. The killer pulled Earl's head away from the truck and slammed it again. This action was repeated seven times before the killer finally let Earl's lifeless body slump to the ground.

During the assault on Earl, Tony was slowly attempting to crawl away. Barely aware of his surroundings, he was crawling down the highway and had only made it a couple yards.

The killer walked to the back of Earl's pickup. He looked into the bed, eyeing the different tools of the construction trade. Finally he made a selection, snatching up a sledgehammer and walking toward Tony.

Tony saw the big boot step right by his face. He looked at it for a moment. He knew what this meant, but it was more of knowledge than emotion. Crawling down the highway, after everything that had happened, death really didn't seem that bad. He decided not to crawl any longer, hoping that at least the death would be quick.

There was no such luck.

The killer held the large hammer in one hand, smashing it down on Tony's elbow. Tony felt pain shoot through his entire body and screamed in agony. The killer repeated this action on Tony's other elbow, again met with screams. Then the killer toyed with Tony, lightly tapping his broken legs with the tool and listening to the cries for him to stop.

Tony's death came next. The killer used both hands to raise the sledgehammer up as far as he could reach. With one powerful swing he smashed Tony's head onto the highway.

* * *

Quietly the three teens kept their positions. Nichole, the bait, was sitting on the front steps of the house. In their preparation they had found a thick rope which Megan was holding while sitting up in the tree, hidden well in the leaves. They had made the end of the rope into a noose. Manny was hidden in the bushes near the tree, ready to spring out and do his job when the time was right.

The plan was simple. Nichole would lure the killer under the tree and distract him. Megan would try to slide the noose end of the rope over his head and against his throat. She would pull it tight, while Manny would run over to the tree and pull down on the other end of the rope. Using the tree as a pulley, he would hopefully be able to hang the killer.

The rain they had been experiencing had now stopped and instead was a thick fog. Nichole was shaking on the porch. Not just because she was wet and cold, but because she was unbelievably scared. Manny and Megan were both hidden, but Nichole felt like a sitting duck. She was right out in the open and right on the steps of the psycho's porch. The plan sounded better when Megan and Manny came up with it. Now it sounded stupid. How would she get him to stop right in the correct place? And how do they know he would even walk under the tree at all! He could come from the side!

It was then that she saw him. He was standing at the far opening of the clearing. Just stopped right there, staring directly at Nichole. His arms held various tools: a sledgehammer, a long prybar, a saw and a toolbox.

It was completely silent as they looked at eachother through the dense fog. Nichole's heart froze, they were so far away, and yet she could feel his eyes deep inside her. Blackening every inch of her body.

Nichole jumped as the killer suddenly tossed down all the tools to the left side of him. Once again he took his position of just standing there, and Nichole felt his dark stare again. Slowly he reached down and picked up the prybar. WIth no hurry, he began walking straight toward her.

Nichole was frozen still as he advanced in her direction. She knew her job was to distract him. She knew if she did nothing all four of them would die. She just sat there until he was walking under Megan's branch and finally found the courage to act.

"HEY YOU UGLY MOTHERFUCKER!" Nichole stood and screamed.

The killer stopped, seemingly suprised at the sudden movement and screaming.

"YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, I'M TALKING TO YOU DICKHEAD!" she continued, the more she yelled the better she felt.

From up above Megan was lowering her rope. She had to get it over his head without alerting him. Manny was eager to end this.

"YOU WANT TO KILL MY FRIENDS? MAYBE I'LL KILL YOU! WOULD YOU LIKE THAT, YOU RETARDED FUCK?!"

Nichole flinched as she saw his grip tighten on the prybar. If this plan didn't go right, that would be going right through her head.

"MAYBE I'LL TAKE THAT PRYBAR AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!" she yelled.

Nichole had worked herself up so much that she punched the wall of the house, "DIE, BITCH!"

"NOW!" Megan yelled, slipping the rope into position. Manny jumped up running, reaching the tree in no time. The killer dropped the prybar and grabbed at the rope, but he wasn't quick enough. Manny was already pulling on the other end, which caused it to tighten firmly around his throat.
Manny pulled with all his might. The killer was being knocked a little off balance but not hanging. Nichole rushed over to help Manny, as did Megan once she was out of the tree. With all three pulling, the killer slowly rose into the air. Once he was about four feet off the ground, Manny tied the rope so they didn't have to pull anymore and could go watch him die.

They stood there and watched as the killer choked to death. He was a fighter till the end, trying desperatly to pull the rope away from his throat. But eventually his movements became slow and tired. His struggle died down. Eventually he gave up the fight and his hands lowered to his sides. The killer stared at them for a moment more, then his head and entire body went limp.

"FUCK YEAH!" Manny screamed.

"WE DID IT!" Megan cheered.

Nichole simply grabbed Manny and locked lips.

Megan smiled at them two and rolled her eyes. Giggling she turned back to look at the killer who had become their victim. All breath left her teenage body as she saw the man hanging on that rope reach to the sheathe on his waist and pull out a hunting knife. Without even having the time to get Manny and Nichole's attention, Megan watched the killer cut his own execution rope with one swind and fall heavily onto the ground. This got their attention.

"What the fuck happened?" Manny said in surprise.

Megan was stiff as she replied, "He's not dead."

The killer rolled over onto his stomache and started to push himself up.

"Fuck no!" Manny yelled. He ran over and grabbed the dropped prybar. He swung it with all his might and hit the killer across the back, knocking him back to the ground. The assault didn't stop, Manny swung again and again and again. He paused, the killer started to get back up, so Manny swung again, then paused. Once more, the killer began to rise. Manny took another swing, knocking him back down.

Megan pulled out the butchers knife she had gotten out of the basement and ran toward the killer, stabbing him in the back and pulling the knife back out. She lunged again, slicing the killer on the shoulder.

The killer was on his hands and knees and was no longer falling back down but wasn't moving up either. He just stayed frozen as the relentless assault of beatings and stabbings rained down upon him. Megan stabbed once more when the killer sprang upward on his knees and snatched the knife out of her hand. In one swift motion he stabbed the knife into Manny's leg, causing Manny to scream and fall to the ground.

Nichole was already running to the pile of tools as the killer stood up. The killer reached down and plucked up the prybar, ready to give Manny a taste of the pain. As he raised it, Megan jumped up and grabbed it, keeping him from killing Manny. Nichole was there by then and hit the killer as hard as she could with the sledgehammer. The killer seemed to take no notice. He let go of the prybar, causing Megan to fall to the ground behind him. Nichole went to swing again, but the killer grabbed the hammer in midair. He yanked it from her, causing the handle to hit her face, which knocked her to the ground.

Manny pulled the knife from his bleeding leg and stabbed it into the killers. The killer fell to one knee, but then pulled it out and stabbed it into Manny's arm, met by more screams of pain. Megan jumped on his back, but the killer simply grabbed her and threw her a few yards away. He grabbed Nichole's throat and effortlessly did the same.

The pain had caused Manny to pass out. The impact of the ground knocked Nichole out. The only one left awake was Nichole, who watched the killer from the ground as he stalked toward her. Slowly but surely, snatching up the prybar along his way. Megan had no plan, had no instinct. Her brain was too tired and her body was too hurt. She just layed on her side and watched the final moments before her execution.

She wondered what any of them had ever done to deserve all this. They were all basically good people. They never tried to hurt anyone, at least she knew she hadn't.

She thought about her dad. Not the mean, abusive drunk he was now but the kind man he was before. Before her mother had left him with nothing but a daughter he wasn't prepared to raise and a bottle that was much more inviting. She had few memories of those times, but she distinctly remembered being pushed on a swing by him as a little girl.

The killer was at her now. She had barely noticed him, being so deep in her thoughts. She was in the moment now though, as the killer stood over her holding his weapon. His breathing was heavy, she wasn't breathing at all.

He raised the prybar above his head. Megan knew this was it, there was no fighting back now. She would die.

BOOM!

A shot rang out into the air, catching the killer off guard and causing him to stumble a bit. He dropped the prybar, which almost stabbed through Megan's leg.

BOOM!

Another shot rang out, the killer almost falling this time. Slowly he turned around to face his attacker, which allowed Megan to see what was happening. Behind the killer several yards away stood Ben, holding a shotgun.

"BEN!" Megan screamed, suddenly able to breathe again.

The killer began slowly moving toward his attacker.

"BEN, LOOK OUT!" Megan screamed.

Ben was struggling to get the gun reloaded but eventually found success. Again he raised it and sent another shot into the killer.

BOOM!

This shook him violently, stopping him for a moment. Then he continued.

BOOM!

Again the killer stopped for a moment, then resumed his war path.

"COME ON, JUST FUCKING DIE!" Ben screamed, again reloading the gun.

The killer was dangerously close to Ben now. He reached out an arm, preparing to grab him. From seemingly out of nowhere, Manny tackled him from the side. This didn't take the killer down however, just distracted him for a moment.

Ben, having loaded the shotgun successfully, raised it to the killers chest and pulled the trigger.
BOOM!

Blood sprayed all over Ben as the killer was hit. He stood there, standing at Ben for a moment. Then he heavily fell to the ground, landing flat on this back.

Ben wiped the blood from his face onto his jacket. Then he stepped closer to the killer and shot him again.

BOOM!

"Oh fuck..." Ben mumbled, suddenly aware of what he did.

Megan stumbled over to Ben, receiving his attention.

"Are you okay?" Ben asked her.

Megan reached out and grabbed Ben's head, bringing him close and kissing his lips.
"I will be," she said, looking into his eyes.

Manny and Nichole joined them. They were both in pain but alive.

"Is he fucking dead this time?" Manny asked.

Ben took the butt of the gun and smashed it hard against the killer's groin.

"Seems dead to me," he confirmed.

Manny smiled and kissed Nichole.

"I'll go tell Suzette," Megan offered.

"Holy shit, Suzette's still alive?!" Ben asked, surprised.

"Yeah," Megan replied, "wanna come?"

"I think so," Ben accepted.

In the basement, Suzette was scared. She had no idea what was going on. She heard a lot of screaming and some gunshots. Her heart almost stopped when the door opened.

"Suzette!" Megan called, Suzette was so happy to hear her voice.

Megan and Ben reached the end of the steps.

"BEN!" Suzette shrieked.

Ben ran over and hugged her through the bars.

"We did it!" Megan cheered, "we killed the bastard."

Tears of joy streamed down Suzette's face. She hugged them both again.

"What is this?" Ben asked, eyeing the cage.

"We can't get in," Megan told him, "no key and it is strong. We're going to have to send in some help."

"Well we can't just leave her alone," Ben said, "I'll stay with her."

"We might need help," Megan said, "Manny won't get far on his own with his knife wound."

"Just go," Suzette said with a smile, "I'll be find. Just make sure the professionals get their asses here soon!"

"You sure?" Megan asked.

"Yes Megan," Suzette said, "I'm sure."

"I'll go tell the others what the plan is, I'm sure they'll want to say goodbye," Megan said. She walked up the stairs. Soon Ben was walking after her and caught her at the front door.

"Megan!" Ben hollered, trying to catch her.

"Yeah?" she said, turning around.

"That kiss," he started, "that was probably just a one-time, hero's reward kinda thing, I suppose."

Megan smiled. She grabbed him and pulled him close, kissing him passionatly once again.
"Still think that?" she asked.

Ben smiled, "No. Fuck no."

Now it was Ben's turn. He pulled Megan close to him. This is something he had wanted to do for years. The ending of their story was happy, Ben kissed Megan.

* * *

Suzette was bored. Just sitting alone in her cell.

"How long does it take to fucking send somebody!" she complained.

Relief flowed through her body as she heard movement above.

"DOWN HERE!" Suzette called out, she didn't want to take the chance that they wouldn't find her.
A few moments later the basement door opened.

"I hope you have a cutting torch or whatever," Suzette yelled at them.

She was met by silence.

"Hello?" she called out.

With a thud, a big, heavy, black boot stepped down on the first step...

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's it. I appreciate everyone that has read it, and everyone that has commented. Thank you. Hope you enjoyed it.