Status: Completed. Any feedback is appreciated.

Wayde Woods Massacre

CHAPTER 2

"Anybody else starving?" Tony hollered over the radio. They had been traveling for a good hour now and his hunger had overtook him.
"Could eat," Fat Bill sleepily answered, the prospect of food taking his mind away from the nap he was just about to take.
"There's a diner just ahead," Ben spoke up.
"Works for me," Manny chimed in.

"Alright, diner it is," Tony decided, sticking his arm out the window to motion to the girls that they were making an unscheduled stop.
They all pulled in and parked the vehicles. After occupying the parking lot for a few minutes, they herded themselves into the diner where they sat to eat. The meal took about half an hour, soon the group dispersed. Fat Bill occupied the bathroom, Tony, Megan, Nichole and Suzette all went back to the parking lot for a smoke, Michael and Jenny went outside just to be with each other. Ben and Manny were the only ones left at their table, finishing their drinks and the few fries left in the basket.
"Hey man, thanks for what you said in the van," Manny offered.
"Oh, it's no problem," Ben replied.
"Yeah but still I appreciate it. I've never been with someone who makes me feel the way Nichole does. Shit, before her I would've rather had my leg chopped off then to strap a ball and chain around it. She's the only girl in the world for me," Manny said.
In a hazy, not-thinking way Ben mumbled, "I know what you mean."
"What do ya mean?" Manny questioned.
They were interrupted as Megan walked back in to pay the bill. Both Ben and Manny had glanced up at her but as Manny shrugged his gaze back down he noticed Ben held his gaze longer.
"Oh my god," Manny said, putting two and two together.
Ben jerked his head back down to Manny. Manny noticed the look of panic on Ben's face.
"You got the hots for Megan!" Manny whispered rather loudly across the table.
"Shut up," Ben hissed back, "And I do not. So shut up."
"Ben, don't lie to me. I saw it."
Ben looked down, defeated, "Are you going to tell Tony?"
Manny thought for a moment, "No, I'm not going to tell Tony. And not just because Tony would murder your ass. He may be my best friend, but Megan shouldn't be with him."
Ben was confused, "What do you mean?"
Now that Megan was out the door, Manny leaned back and spoke a bit louder, "Tone's a good guy. He doesn't hit her or nothing, and he does love her, I believe. But he's got a bit of a straying side, if you know what I'm saying."
Now Ben was shocked, he leaned forward and spoke in hushed tones, despite there being no one else close to them who cared, "Tony cheated on Megan?"
"Hey, you tell anyone that and I'll be the one who's killing you!" Manny threatened.
"I won't. I just mean, wow. Really?"
Manny calmed down a bit, "Afraid so, buddy. Tony's always been a playboy. He's just not into the one girl sort of gig."
"Are you dumbasses coming, or what?" Tony hollered in from the door.

* * *

After a couple more hours of driving, the convoy finally exited the pavement onto the dirt path that would lead them to their destination. The woods seemed to grow denser the farther they traveled into them. Sunlight was becoming a quickly diminishing resource and Megan had to turn her headlights on just to see.
After a ten minute drive they finally pulled into a break in the woods. There sat a wooden cabin. Parking the car behind the van, Megan stepped out to observe their new temporary home. The cabin was a bit shabby but appeared capable of hosting them. Weeds had covered up the base of the cabin and strings of vines trailed up the building. Despite its need of some upkeep, the place did have a welcoming calm to it, much more peaceful than the home she had come from.
"Hey Bill, get the door open, will ya?" Tony hollered, tossing the keys to him.
Fat Bill caught them and walked by Megan, "Let's check it out Megs."
Megan walked with Fat Bill up to the cabin. He unlocked the door and eventually opened it after some degree of difficulty. They walked into a dark area, only dimly lit by the windows.
"Okay, should be a...here," Fat Bill flipped on the light switch. Surprisingly the cabin was well lit. It was a one room building. The main living area was furnished with a sofa and a few recliners. A glass coffee table centered the room. A small television was mounted on the corner wall. A section of the cabin was the kitchen. All the appliances looked to be from the fifties. Next to the kitchen was two beds.
"Not exactly Hotel Hilton," Megan joked.
The other future cabin dwellers slowly poured in, looking around at their surroundings.
"Well, this is it," Tony announced.
Megan noticed a look grow on Jenny's face, "Is everything alright, Jenny?"
"Where's the bathroom at?" Jenny asked.
"Oh right," Tony stated, "there's no indoor bathroom. There's actually an outhouse and a bathhouse."
"A what?" Jenny's mouth dropped.
"There's an outhouse near here and somewhere there's also a bath-house," Tony explained.
"Oh my god," Jenny muttered.
"Yeah, that does kinda suck," Manny added.
"Oh come on, it isn't that bad," Tony offered.

* * *

As night came everyone was lounging around watching the cabin's TV, except for Ben who was reading his book. Nichole was lazily styling Jenny's hair until Manny came up and wrapped his arms around her from behind.
"Babe, can I talk to you in private for a moment?"
She leaned back and looked up at him, "Sure Love." She stood and followed him outside.
"Well," Michael said standing up, "while Manny is getting his dick sucked in the woods, I'm going to go take a shit."
"Thanks for sharin' douche," Fat Bill said slugging his shoulder.
Outside a nervous Manny was stumbling around the words to say to Nichole.
"Come on, just tell me hun," she giggled, "I haven't seen you this nervous since...well you know..."
"I know, sorry. Ok, um, Nich..." He was cut off by Michael charging out of the cabin. "Fuck! Come on, man. A little privacy!"
"Hey," Michael hollered back, "don't let me interrupt your crazy monkey love."
"Fuck off," Nichole replied.
Michael chuckled and disappeared into the outhouse.
"Here, come over here," Manny said, leading Nichole over into the woods.
After getting out of sight of the cabin, Manny stopped Nichole and grabbed her hands. "Nichole, we've been together for quite awhile now and I've never been with anyone quite like you. You're sexy and smart and artistic."
Nichole giggled, "I am pretty amazing, aren't I?"
Manny pulled the ring out of his jacket pocket and opened it near her face. "Will you marry me?"
Nichole's eyes grew twice the normal size. She covered her mouth. "Oh my god! Yes!" She thrust herself at Manny who almost dropped the ring. Pulling herself away she locked into a passionate kiss.
Manny took the ring out of the box and slid it on her finger. Nichole examined it. "It's perfect. You're perfect. Wow.."
She gave him a sexy smile and slowly slid her body down his. A smile spread across Manny's face as he felt his jeans being undone.

* * *

"HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT!" Michael yelled, pounding the door of the outhouse, "That's the last time I eat anything Fat Bill makes." Breathing heavily he pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his jeans pocket and lit one. He kept the lighter flame alive and looked around. There wasn't much to see in the outhouse other than spider webs and dust.
Startled, Michael almost dropped his cigarette as the door started jiggling, kept shut by the lock.
"Shit. Come on Manny, cut it out."
The door kept shaking.
"Dude, sorry I interrupted your begging for a blow job. Now stop shaking the door."
Now the door was being violently shook.
Chuckling to himself, Michael notice a spider crawling on the wall and coaxed him to crawl onto the toilet paper roll. "Alright," Michael whispered, "Wanna be a little shit head, I will throw a spider on your dumb ass."
In one quick motion Michael unlocked and opened the outhouse door, flinging the spider.

* * *

Manny and Nichole came out of the woods. Manny was all smiles, as one usually is after getting that present.
"I can't wait to tell everybody," Nichole smiled, "I'm so happy Baby."
Opening the door, they walked in. Everyone glanced up at them and held their gaze at Nichole, who was grinning wildly.
"Everybody, we have an announcement to make!" Nichole announced as Manny wrapped his arms around her, "We're getting married!"
A crash interrupted the joyful moment as the upper half of a body flew through a window at the back of the cabin. The people who were sitting leapt up and all attention was now focused on the morbid interruption. The body rolled a few times before coming to a stop, revealing the top half of a mangled Michael lying on the floor.
Nichole let out an ear shattering scream. Tony and Fat Bill ran over to what was left of Michael's body. There were two bloody gashes across his chest, but nothing was compared to the quickly forming pile of blood that was spilling from the end of his torso.
"What the fuck?" Tony mumbled.
"Look," Fat Bill said, pointing to Michael's lips which were quivering, "he's still live!"
Michael began attempting to speak but nobody could make sense of it. With a few more gasp full attempts, he sighed and became deathly still.
"Jesus Christ," Megan muttered in shock.
"What are we going to do?" Nichole yelled at the group.
"Quiet down!" Tony snapped back in a hiss, "Whatever got him is still out there."
All the guys scurried to the various windows of the cabin. Manny killed the lights and they all peered out, but it was so dark outside they could see nothing. Hearing Nichole cry, Manny walked over to comfort her. Megan scanned the dark room and found Jenny in a corner, as far away from Michael’s body as she could get.
Megan approached Jenny as calmly as possible. She could see Jenny shake and she could hear quiet sobs, the almost silent way of crying that was recognizable as Jenny's. When she was inches away from her, Megan spoke, "Jenny..." Her voice trailed off, not knowing what really to say.
After a few moments Jenny slowly turned around. Her mascara running down her face, she looked Megan straight in the eyes, "What the fuck is happening?"
"I don't know hun," was all Megan could muster. The tears began to flow again and Jenny fell into Megan's arms, who did her best to comfort her.
"Guys," Tony's voice called out in alarm, "the lights aren't turning back on."AA
♠ ♠ ♠
*Fixed some things I realized didn't match up to what comes later. I've had a few readers, but NO ONE has commented. I understand, but I really want to hear some feedback. So please comment, good or bad, I want to hear from you. Thanks for reading.