Status: Completed. Any feedback is appreciated.

Wayde Woods Massacre

CHAPTER 3

For a few minutes nobody spoke inside the cabin. Everyone's hearts were pounding inside their chests, waiting for something to happen. The only noise was the rain that had a started to fall outside, now a very steady stream.

"We have to get out of here," Suzette cried.

"Whatever got Michael is still out there, is leaving the cabin really such a great idea?" Manny replied.

"Well we can't just sit here waiting to be killed," Suzette reasoned.

"Okay here's what we'll do," Tony announced, "Manny and I will run out to make sure it's safe. We'll start up the van. When we do, run like hell out to it and we will all just escape in that. Maybe we can find a police station or something."

Manny thought for a second, "Okay, let's do it."

Manny started walking toward Tony who was by the door. As he passed Nichole, her hand shot out and grabbed his arm.

"I don't want you to go out there," She said. Manny could see pure fear in her tear soaked eyes.
Manny embraced her, holding her body close to his and gazing into her eyes. He hated seeing her this scared. It made him want to protect her. It made him want to go out into the woods and kill whatever had gotten to Michael. But that was foolish, and the only sure way to protect the love of his life was to get her out of this place. As far away as he could. "It's going to be okay Nichole, I'll be right back. I promise."

Tony and Manny flung the door open and ran outside. Fat Bill shut the door behind them and they all watched from the window. It was the only visible part of the outside, lit by a pole light that was not powered the same way as the cabin. The rain was so heavy that water was already standing on the ground in several puddles. Water splashed all around the two boys as they ran to the van. Tony hurried to the drivers side and flung the door open. Lunging himself inside, he franticaly attempted to start the car. But there was no sound, no lights. Nothing.

Manny opened the passanger door and shouted to Tony against the deafening rain and thunder. "WHAT'S WRONG?"

"I DON'T KNOW! TRY THE CARS!" Tony shouted back.

Manny, not bothering to close the van door, sprinted to the nearest car. Running around the front he got to the driver's side. Without getting in he tried the key, the keys were left in all the vehicles, but to no success. By the time he looked up Tony was at the last car shaking his head.

Defeated and scared, the two boys ran back to the cabin. Fat Bill opened then shut the door for them, locking it when they were safe inside. Immediatly he walked over to the window to make sure nothing had followed them. It was clear.

"What's wrong?" Megan asked.

Tony was panting hard but managed to catch his breath a bit, "None of the cars will start."
"What do we do?" Suzette was panicking.

"We can only wait," Tony replied.

* * *

The group tensly sat around the dark cabin. Fat Bill and Ben had found an emergency kit. Inside was a flare gun, two flares inside. Tony sat in a chair that he had moved to the windowless wall, so he could see all around. He had said if anything came through the door or a window he would shoot two flares up its ass. In reality he knew that he just felt comfort holding the gun. And being away from any possible entrance to the cabin.

Fat Bill was also armed. There was a spear on the wall, used for decoration. But it was a real spear and Fat Bill planned to use it as such. Manny and Nichole both sat on a recliner, her laying in his arms. Him trying not to show his own fear. Megan sat on the couch with Jenny, stroking her hair in an attempt to comfort her. Tears hadn't stopped streaming down her cheaks since seeing who it was that had flown through that window. It almost seemed so unreal, she knew he was dead but it almost seemed like he wasn't. They had faced the chair away from Michael's corpse, which they had thrown a blanket over. Suzette was sitting beside them on the couch, twirling her hair and thinking.

"Maybe we should just go for it now," Suzette broke the silence in the room.

"Are you crazy?" Tony spat, "Do you not see the fucking rain out there?"

Suzette brushed Tony's attitude off, "If it's raining then whatever killed Michael is probably in it's cave or whatever. Maybe if we go now it won't notice us."

"It would be hard enough getting through these woods in daylight. We can't fight them at night in a rainstorm," Tony said, attempting to calm his voice, "I know this option is bullshit, but it's the best bullshit option we got."

Suzette got off the sofa and walked over to a window, attempting to peer out.
"Let me up for a minute Babe," Manny requested.

"Sure," Nichole replied, standing up then sitting again once he had vacated the chair.

Manny walked over to Tony. He kneeled down to his ear. What he had to say he wanted to keep it private. Everyone else in the cabin was so busy inside their own minds, they didn't even notice.

"Tony," Manny whispered, "those cars, they weren't just not starting. They weren't doing anything."

"Yeah," was all Tony said.

"I think the batteries were removed," Manny continued.

This got Tony's attention. He had noticed the cars didn't do anything at all, and somewhere in his mind he knew this was key information, but he hadn't really considered what exactly that meant. Manny was right, the battaries had to be either completely dead or removed. Goddamn, how he regretted this cabin trip.

Manny then said what Tony was already thinking, "An animal does not throw half a body through a window, and an animal does not remove car battaries."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's taken me forever to post a new chapter, but here you go. Hope you enjoy. Please leave a comment and subscribe! Thanks.