Status: Completed. Any feedback is appreciated.

Wayde Woods Massacre

CHAPTER 7

"I can't believe this shit!" Manny yelled, punching the wall. A sharp pain shot through his hand as he leaned against the wall. "How the fuck could it just walk in here and take her?!"

"Maybe she just left," Tony muttered distantly, "she did mention heading out in the night."

"I don't know," Ben said, "it doesn't seem like she would want to just run out into the night alone."

"Suzette might," Tony shrugged, "she's always been a little foolish."

"You son of a bitch," Manny spat at Tony, "for all you know she could be dead right now! How can you say shit like that?!"

Tony rolled his head over to look at Manny, "Hey asshole, you're the fucker that fell asleep and let her get taken in the first place."

"MOTHERFUCKER!" Manny screamed, running over to attack Tony. Tony stood up to face him, but both guys were being held back, Manny by Nichole and Tony by Megan.

"Hey Manny," Tony snarled, "what if it had been Nichole instead of Suzette?"

Manny's mind went black, he let out a scream and sent his fist right into Tony's jaw. The impact knocked Tony to the ground, where he spat out a glob of blood.

"ENOUGH!" Jenny yelled. "This bullshit is not going to help us. You two get your fucking shit together and let's get the fuck out of these goddamn woods!"

Everyone was a bit surprised. Jenny hadn't really spoken much since her boyfriend's mangled corpse was thrown through the window, but what she was saying made all the sense in the world. Tony and Manny would have to put their anger on hold and try to figure out how to get out of there. Finally Tony's head began to clear.

"We're going to have to get out of this attic," Tony said, "I'll go down first."

As quietly and carefully as possible Tony opened the attic door. Once it was opened he cautiously put his head down and looked around the cabin. Finally convinced there was no one inside, he dropped the staircase without making any noise. One foot in front of the other, glancing all around for any sign of danger, Tony made his way down the steps.

"I think it's alright guys," he whispered up to the rest of them, "come on down."

Carefully the group started filing down the steps one by one. They started looking out the windows to make sure they were alone.

"Anybody see anything?" Tony asked.

"It's clear over here," Megan answered.

"Over here too," Manny replied.

Tony sighed a little relief, "At least we don't have to deal with the rain."

"I don't know," Ben replied grimly, "it's not raining now but look at those clouds."

Tony walked over and looked out the window at the sky. Dark clouds were covering them, they threatened to pour rain at any second.

"We better head out now," Tony said, "get as far as we can before the rain starts."

"Wait, what do you mean as far as we can?" Megan stepped toward Tony.

"To get the fuck out of here," he replied.

"What about Suzette? We just can't leave her!" She said, shocked he seemed so willing to.

"Come on Babe," Tony tried to reason, "you didn't see that monster, I did. We can't fight him."

"So you're just going to let her die?!" Megan was angry.

Tony sighed, "Okay fine, we will try to find Suzette. But if we can't within a couple hours we are out of here. Okay?"

Megan thought for a moment, "Fine..okay."

The group walked over toward the door, Tony leading the pack. Slowly, with everyone looking over his shoulder, Tony opened it partially and peered outside. The stormy clouds aside, everything looked peaceful out there.

"Okay, I think it's cool," Tony practically whispered.
The group walked out of the cabin. They stood there for a moment just waiting for something to happen......but things remained calm.

"Alright," Tony finally broke the silence, "let's get moving."

The teens walked into the woods, embarking on their misson of recovery and escape. However Megan was the only one too concerned with finding Suzette. Manny's only concern was Nichole and she was too preoccupied with fear to think. Jenny had to escape this place, escape the image of her slain boyfriend. Tony's only concern was survival, getting the fuck out of this nightmare. Ben's thoughts were all on Megan. He walked behind her, watching to make sure she was okay. People were dying, Michael, Fat Bill, probably Suzette. Ben made a promise to himself that if luck allowed both he and Megan to escape, he would be brave and express his feelings to her. Rather Tony lived or not.

Manny was the first to look up as light rain began to fall from the sky. Everyone followed his action, all seeing it as a gloomy sign.

"Come on," Manny said to the group, "let's keep going."

The group kept walking when suddenly Tony, who was in the lead, held out a hand motioning them to stop.

"What is it?" Manny asked.

"Shh," Tony ordered, putting a finger to his lips. Slowly he pointed out to a small clearing in the trees. At the opposite edge of the clearing was a deer. The deer was standing still, staring at the teens. Tears silently slid down Megan's face, one sign of beauty in their nightmare. The animal and the teens silently stared at eachother for awhile. Apparently the deer decided they weren't a threat, and began moving toward the center of the clearing, rooting around the ground.

"We should get moving," Tony whispered behind him.

But their attention stayed on the deer. Without a care in the world, the deer went and stood in the very center of the clearing. It looked back up at them. Cocking its head in curiosity and flickering its tail.

It was then that two loud, simultanious cracks echoed through the woods. A look of sheer panic stole the animal's face as the ground began to slide toward him.

"He's falling!" Jenny shrieked.

She was right, the ground was sinking in all around him. The deer was furiously slamming its hooves against the ground in a futile effort to climb back up. It completely disapeared under the ground and let out a chilling squeal of death before the woods was overtaken with silence once again.

Tony and Manny both raced toward the hole, the others tailing them. As they reached the edge the boys slowed down and looked carefully down inside.

"Holy shit," Manny muttered.

In the hole the deer had fallen onto several large, wooden spikes. They pierced his hind quarters, his abdomin, his neck and his head. However that wasn't the worst part, the deer's company in the hole was seven decaying human bodies, mostly just skeletons.

"Let's get out of here," Tony panicked, running in fear and causing the others to follow his actions. They ran through the woods, nobody really sure where they were going. All they wanted was to put distance between themselves and the pit of death.

After several minutes of running the group came to a stop. Mostly because Tony had fallen to the ground and layed there trying desperatly to catch both his breath and his rationality. When he stood he began frantically pacing about.

"That's fucking it, I don't care anymore Megan. We are NOT searching for Suzette now. I've have enough! Our only concern is getting out of these goddamn woods. Hopefully Suzette has done the same." Tony spat.

Megan was overcome with anger and she got in Tony's face, "I'm not leaving until I find her!"

"She's probably fucking dead!" Tony yelled back.

"Well I'm finding her either way!"

"Fine!" Tony shouted, walking away from Megan then turning back toward everyone. "I'm getting the fuck out of here. Anyone care to join me?!"

Megan crossed her arms. "And I'm looking for OUR friend Suzette. Rather anyone helps me or not."

Ben got in the middle, "This isn't helping any of us!"

"Not this time buddy," Tony said, "we're not doing the inspirational speech thing. Pick a side and live with it."

"Fine," Ben said, looking at Tony. "I'm going with Megan."

"Fine," Tony replied sarcastically, "Jenny?"

Tears stinging the back of her eyes, Jenny looked at Megan. Slowly her head dropped and she slowly walked to Tony.

"And what about you two?" Tony directed toward Manny and Nichole.

"Babe?" Manny asked, looking into Nichole's eyes.

"I want out of here so bad Manny," Nichole replied tearfully, "but I can't live with myself if I leave Suzette here."

Manny nodded and used his finger to brush a tear off of her cheek. "Sorry Tony, we're looking for Suzette."

"You have to be fucking joking," Tony shook his head in disbelief. "You all know what the chances are of her even being alive?! Do you know what your chances are of surviving this fucking rescue mission?!"

"Slim," Manny responded. "But where Nichole goes, I go."

"Come on Megan," Tony pleaded, his voice switching from anger to begging. "I know Suzette was a good friend, but I'm your boyfriend. I love you, I don't want to leave you behind. Please!"

"You're welcome to join us Tony," Megan said, "but that's the only way we are all sticking together."

The anger came back to Tony as he sneered his nose and spat on the ground, "Fine! Get the hell out of here then. Go find your dead friend!" Tony stomped off into the woods.

Megan's attention now focused on Jenny, who quickly walked up to her. "I'm so sorry Megan, I just can't stay here. I know it's the right thing to do, I just can't...I can't...I can't..."

"It's okay," Megan told her, "I understand. You've been through a lot."

"Thank you," Jenny cried, hugging Megan.

"Jenny, if you're coming then let's fucking go!" Tony yelled from the thick of the woods.

"See you soon," Jenny told Megan, forcing a half smile.

"See you soon Jenny," Megan replied.