Status: Completed. Any feedback is appreciated.

Wayde Woods Massacre

CHAPTER 9

Slowly Tony turned around, following the direction of Jenny's quivering finger. His heart froze when he saw who was standing there to greet him. The man who killed Fat Bill, and he was carrying some kind of homemade weapon, a saw blade on a pole.

The killer reached out with his free hand and grabbed Tony by his shirt. Tony's struggle did nothing to hinder his attacker from lifting him high off the ground. The killer tossed Tony a few yards away, he smashed into the ground with a heavy thud.

The wind was knocked out of Tony. He layed on the ground trying to catch his breath. As he looked up he saw the killer walking toward him.

"RUN JENNY!" He screamed.

The killer stopped walking as Jenny sprinted back into the woods. The killer looked back and forth between Tony and the area where Jenny ran off into. Apparently making a decision he grabbed Tony's leg and snapped it, making sure his victim wouldn't crawl too far. As Tony screamed in pain, the killer grabbed his other leg and snapped it. Next he lifted his gigantic boot and slammed it down on Tony, breaking ribs. Then he picked his weapon back up and went stalking after Jenny.

Jenny could barely see with the tears in her eyes. Her vision blurred, she kept running into low branches and tall patches of weeds. More than once she stumbled, but always got right back up. She knew she had to put as much distance between her and danger as possible.
However after all that escaping she had to stop and catch her breath. She leaned against a tree, breathing deeply. She had no idea how far she had actually ran, but it seemed like miles.
SNAP!

Instantly she froze with fear, hearing a noise from the woods. Then came a Whishing sound, over and over.

WHISH, WHISH, WHISH, WHISH!

Then she saw it coming straight toward her. That weapon she had seen earlier, the saw blade on the pole. Jenny didn't have time to move, she barely had time to even comprehend what was happening.

And quickly the weapon reached her. The blade missed, but the pole smashed across her face. The pole, made of wood, shattered on contact. As quickly as it hit her, Jenny fell to the ground.
Shaking, Jenny raised her hand to her face and wiped the blood off of her eyes. She looked forward and saw giant black boots stomping toward her.

The killer walked over and stood by her body. Reaching down, he picked up his weapon. The pole was only a third of its previous size, but the saw blade was still attached. As he did before in the basement, he used his finger to flick the blade and watched it spin.

Jenny had flipped over on her stomach and was attempting crawl away, her path barely visible through the combination of blood and tears. The killer took only two steps and he was right back next to her. With a swift and forceful movement, he stabbed the blade into the center of her back, right above her ass. Using it like a giant pizza cutter, he sliced up her back to the throat. Where the wood had broke before, it left a sharp end like a spear. This was stabbed into her head. As the killer walked away, the weapon still stood upright, using her skull as a base. The blade was still spinning.

* * *

Megan, Manny and Nichole cautiously walked into the house. The place was unbelievably dirty, wind rushed in from the open door swishing leaves across the room.

The group looked all around the two floors of the house. They found dirt, they found dried blood, they found dead animals. The strangest thing they found was in the bathroom on the second floor. The bathtub was full of bones. Some were easy to identify, skulls of small animals like foxes and raccoons. Others were larger, sort of human-sized.

Defeated, they walked back downstairs.

"Let's get the hell out of here," Megan sighed.

Manny opened the door, then looked back and noticed something.

"Is that what I think it is?" Manny asked, pointing across the room.

The girls followed his gesture and saw a small silver handle on the floor. Walking over, Manny bent down and pulled on it slightly, it moved part of the floor.

"It's a door," Manny observed, "there must be a basement!"

He went to pull again when Megan stopped him. "He could be down there," she warned.

"So could Suzette," Nichole added.

Manny looked back at Megan who frowned but nodded. Manny opened the door. The first thing they noticed was the smell of decaying flesh. It stung their noses and caused Nichole to gag. Dispite the smell, the group moved down the staircase.

"Over there!" Manny exclaimed.

Opposite them was a cell. Inside, lying on the floor, was Suzette. She was either dead or unconscious.

They ran over to her, crying out her name.

"SUZETTE!" "SUZETTE, PLEASE WAKE UP!" "SUZETTE!"

Slowly Suzette started to move, "Wha...guys?" Realizing it was her friends tears of joy began to flow and she moved to the cage wall to hug them as best as she could.

"What happened?" Megan asked her.

"I don't know," Suzette answered through the tears, "I woke up down here in this...cage."

"Well, we're going to get you out," Manny promised.

Manny tried to find a weak spot on the cage, but it was too strong. It wasn't proffesionally made, but it was sturdy.

"There has to be a key around here somewhere," Manny said, frustrated.

The group desperatly searched throughout the basement. Nichole had the unfortunate experience to stumble across the deer carcass, which made her vomit. They destroyed the place in their search, but found nothing.

"He must have the key," Manny said, kicking a chair over.

Suzette was in tears again, this time there was no joy involved.

"You guys just need to leave," Suzette cried, "before he gets back. I don't want you to die because of me!"

"No, we are not leaving you," Megan firmly stated.

"We may have to, we may have to get help," Nichole replied.

"But if we leave her to get help, he could come back and do who knows what," Manny expressed.

Megan thought for a moment. She walked over to the table that contained the deer, noticing something very appealing on it.

"There's only one thing to do then," Megan said as she picked up a butcher's knife, "kill the motherfucker."

* * *

He had held them back so far, but as Tony's hand hit the highway the tears streamed down his face. His legs and a couple ribs were broken, but that didn't stop him from escaping. He used his arms to drag his tortured body out of the woods and onto the highway. He would not stop, no matter what it took.