Status: This is my first time writing something for you guys- I hope you like it!

Eat Something

One

"Can you not sound like you're about to pass out?" Mr. Fance says angrily. "The concert is tomorrow night and I don't have time for you to give up on this solo!"

"Sorry, I'm just tired today. Tomorrow will be better. I promise." I say as I look back at Kelsea, whos giving me 'the look'.

We go over my solo with the choir a few more times. Each time 'Mr. Fancy' has something else to criticize.

"Fix your vowels."

"Hold that note out longer."

"Are you even trying?! Class dismissed."

This girl Sarah walks over to me, "He's just nervous because he's new and the old director is coming to the concert." Sarah always trys to make people feel better.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks." I say as I put on a fake smile.

I walk over to grab my bag and Kelsea is there, staring at me.

"Eat something." still staring.

I change the subject, "You know, we should really go to the zoo in a week or two when it gets warmer! I want to see the Kangaroos!"

Kelsea is NOT amused, "Eat. Something. Beth."

She hands me a granola bar, she always has them in her bag to give me. I snatch it out of her hand and i head off for my locker. I weave in and out of the crowd of people charging towards me trying to escape Kelsea's lecture. I get to my locker before she does and i throw the granola bar with all the others she gave me. In a box that I originally intended to be for garbage but is now the beginnings of a survival kit.

Kelsea finally catches up to me and starts talking about how important it is to have nutrients and that I'm killing myself by not eating and blah blah blah. I tune her out and look at the picture of us from Sophomore year. She looks just the same. Just as skinny, the same long hair with bangs straight across, just as happy; just as beautiful. Then there was me. I was fat, had bad acne, and decided to get purple highlights.

I look at this picture and think to myself, 'God, you're such a fat pig. You will never be good enough. Not like Kelsea.'