Status: This is my first time writing something for you guys- I hope you like it!

Eat Something

Three

I walk out of the school and start heading home. When I reach the corner I decide to go to the gas station to get some more gum, the only thing I've been able to put in my mouth recently that I don't regret. I grab three packs, two mint and one fruity, and throw them on the counter. I open my backpack to grab my wallet without looking up at the cashier.

"Woah, that's enough for a whole month! You going for some kind of record?" the boy behind the counter says, his voice soft and sweet. I look up and i see his blue eyes connect with mine. He looks like a rebel- gauges around an inch, a septum piercing, and feathery dark brown hair. His name tag says 'Joshua'.

"No," I tell him quietly, "I just chew gum a lot." I feel sick. Not in the sense of wanting to throw up- but butterflies.

He starts talking to me, small talk that is. I just put on a fake smile and nod. Hopefully he doesn't say something sad. This goes on for a couple minutes and i just want to go home. I keep hoping for another coustomer to come in so I can slip away.

"I'm Josh, by the way." he says as he twirls his Bob Marley bracelet around his wrist.

"Yeah, I know." Josh looks at me like I'm crazy. "Your name tag?"

"Oh, right. hah.. Uhm, what's your name?" he looks down again. Does he like me?

"Beth." I snap back. I know what question is next. 'Is that short for Elizabath?'

"That's pretty. Is it short for--"

"NO. Just Beth. " I cut him off. "sorry, everyone asks that."

He smirks and looks at me for a minute like he's debating saying something else. He pulls out his phone and checks the time.

"I'm off in ten minutes, wanna go get something to eat?"

"Yeah no, thanks. I'm really not hungry." God, if I put a single bite into my mouth I'll go crazy.

"Coffee and desert?" I look at him. "A walk in the park? Come on, can't you tell that i just want to spend time with you?"

This has got to be a dream. Or at least a prank. I feel like any minute now someone is gonna come out with a camera and tell me I'm on a TV show. Hell, maybe I'll get famous or rich. And he's not that bad looking, anyways.

"Sure, like now?" I say and blush.