Status: This is my first time writing something for you guys- I hope you like it!

Eat Something

Five

We start walking to the far end of the park, weaving in and out of the trees. The only thing in the far end was an abandoned baseball field and a few benches. I can already tell that Josh is too dynamic of a person to just sit at a bench and talk, and I'm really hoping that he doesn't want to play in the sand of the field.

"Uhm, wha-- what are we doing exactly?" I hesitate.

"Oh, you'll find out." He stops walking as he says this, a huge grin on his face. Then he grabs my hand and we start running towards the back fence. Are we gonna jump the fence? Because I don't have any coordination. Not to mention that the only thing behind the fence is a wall of sharp rocks. This may actually be the way I die.

When we reach the fence he jumps over. Great. Then he walks a few feet over to the corner of the fence and pulls the wire over enough for me to squeeze through. Thank god.

"Why'd you jump if you knew that was there?" I ask as he jumps from rock to rock down the hill. He stops on the very tip of a sharp rock and tries to balance himself with his arms out wide. He has a confused look on his face, as if he didn't know the answer to my question.

"Well, why do we do anything? Why do you put clothes on in the morning? Because it's 'the norm', right? I like to be different. I do things that other people wouldn't expect me to do. I don't want to blend in, you know?" If it weren't for his 'bad boy' look, I would say he could be a politician. He seems pleased with his answer and continues down the hill. The water. He didn't want me to bring my phone-we're going swimming. Just as I make the connection, he dives into the lake.